TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

You could also add Hart Foundation vs. The Rockers and British Bulldog vs. Shawn Michaels to that list. I know they've just been released recently on DVD, but we'll see them again.

They could run the first Harts/Rockers match from April, that ran about ten minutes.

Here's the match listing for WWE's upcoming 3-disc Starrcade DVD. [highspots.com]

Disc 1

Starrcade December 29, 1996 - The Match of the Decade

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Starrcade December 13, 1989 - Iron Man Singles Tournament

Sting vs. The Great Muta

Starrcade December 28, 1992 - Unified World Tag Team Championship

Barry Windham / Brian Pillman vs. Ricky Steamboat / Shane Douglas

Starrcade December 27, 1998 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash

Starrcade December 29, 1991

BattleBowl

Starrcade December 27, 1993 - 2 out of 3 Falls for the WCW United States Championship

Dustin Rhodes vs. Stunning Steve Austin

Disc 2

Starrcade November 26, 1987 - NWA World Tag Team Championship

Road Warriors vs. Arn Anderson / Tully Blanchard

Alternate Commentary: Todd Grisham / Road Warrior Animal

Starrcade December 29, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

Starrcade November 26, 1987 - Scaffold Match

Rock ‘n Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express

Starrcade December 26, 1988 - NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger

Starrcade December 27, 1995

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shinjiro Ootani

Starrcade December 26, 1988 - NWA World Tag Team Championship

Dusty Rhodes / Sting vs. Road Warriors

Starrcade December 28, 1992 - King of Cable Tournament Final

Sting vs. Big Van Vader

Starrcade November 24, 1983 - NWA World Tag Team Championship

Brisco Brothers vs. Jay Youngblood / Ricky Steamboat

Starrcade November 28, 1985 - NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Dusty Rhodes vs. Ric Flair

Starrcade December 28, 1997 - WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

Disc 3

Starrcade December 13, 1989 - Iron Man Tag Team Tournament

Road Warriors vs. The Steiner Brothers

Starrcade December 17, 2000 - Ladder Match for a Contract for the World Cruiserweight Championship

3 Count vs. Jamie Knoble & Evan Karagias vs. Jung Dragons

Starrcade December 13, 1989 - Iron Man Singles Tournament

Sting vs. Ric Flair

Starrcade November 24, 1983 - Dog Collar Match

Greg Valentine vs. Roddy Piper

Starrcade November 27, 1986 - Scaffold Match

Road Warriors vs. The Midnight Express

Alternate Commentary: Todd Grisham / Road Warrior Animal

Starrcade December 28, 1997 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Sting vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Starrcade November 24, 1983 - Steel Cage Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Ric Flair vs. Harley Race

Starrcade November 28, 1985 - Steel Cage "I Quit Match" for the NWA United States Championship

Magnum T.A. vs. Tully Blanchard

Starrcade December 27, 1993 - WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Ric Flair's Career Is On the Line

Ric Flair vs. Vader

Here's the match listing for WWE's upcoming 3-disc Starrcade DVD. [highspots.com]

[snip]

I'll repeat what I said in my original post about this:

As someone else mentioned, hopefully the website bits will be extras on the DVD. Given that I've been recording the 24/7, I'm not going to be in a hurry to pick this up, esp. since it's coming out AFTER Christmas.

Boy, did WWE mess up or what, with having it come out after the holidays AND giving it away on 24/7?!

Starrcade December 17, 2000 - Ladder Match for a Contract for the World Cruiserweight Championship

3 Count vs. Jamie Knoble & Evan Karagias vs. Jung Dragons

What a cop out. This on the Ladder Match DVD. Boo-urns.

By being awesome?

Also most of the votes came from the kids at TSM's 24/7 table (maybe).

I've heard only good things, it just seems odd for Vader to be winning a vote like that considering he was never a huge star in WWE and has never really been referred to as one by anything other than, for the lack of a better term, 'smart wrestling fans'.

Certainly not complaining though.

- WWE Home Video will be releasing a 3-pack DVD set entitled WWE: The Legends of Wrestling on January 27th 2009. The DVD set will be a collection of the popular Legend's Roundtable, which airs on WWE 24/7. Here is the official description of the DVD: "Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Jerry "The King" Lawler & Junk Yard Dog are just a few of the biggest names in the history of sports-entertainment, a who's who of professional wrestling immortality. In one of the most popular shows on WWE's on demand channel, panels that include WWE Hall of Famers Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes discuss the life and times of these legends. These shows have never been available on DVD - until now! Fans can now enjoy these panel discussions along with bonus matches featuring the best of the highlighted superstars." [Credit: PWinsider.com]

Should be awesome, especially because it has bonus matches.

RE: Starcade. I never thought I'd see the day that Shinjiro Ohtani would appear on a WWE-developed DVD! Ohtani for WWE Champ - make it happen, Vince!!! :)

- WWE Home Video will be releasing a 3-pack DVD set entitled WWE: The Legends of Wrestling on January 27th 2009. The DVD set will be a collection of the popular Legend's Roundtable, which airs on WWE 24/7. Here is the official description of the DVD: "Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Jerry "The King" Lawler & Junk Yard Dog are just a few of the biggest names in the history of sports-entertainment, a who's who of professional wrestling immortality. In one of the most popular shows on WWE's on demand channel, panels that include WWE Hall of Famers Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes discuss the life and times of these legends. These shows have never been available on DVD - until now! Fans can now enjoy these panel discussions along with bonus matches featuring the best of the highlighted superstars." [Credit: PWinsider.com]

Should be awesome, especially because it has bonus matches.

When have they ever discussed Lex Luger on these shows, other than bashing him? :)

Seriously, though, I'm glad they went ahead and put these in a DVD package... especially for those not getting 24/7. The Andre the Giant/Iron Sheik episode alone is worth the price of the set.

I'm hoping this becomes a series of dvds. If ECW can see two reunion shows, a ppv, and three best of dvds then maybe it can happen.

RE: Starcade. I never thought I'd see the day that Shinjiro Ohtani would appear on a WWE-developed DVD! Ohtani for WWE Champ - make it happen, Vince!!! :)

The same match just appeared on the Eddie Guerrero dvd.

WWE Shopzone has a decent discount on some older dvds as compared to what you'd find them in the stores. I was wondering if any of these 2006 dvds are worth picking up? 2006 I pretty much only picked up a select few dvds of 2006. I've tried to collect every individual show of ROH, TNA, WWE on dvd along with bio and historical dvds. But in interest of saving money, would I be missing out on much if I skip these?

Backlash

December to Dismember

Armageddon

Survivor Series

Cyber Sunday

No Mercy

New Years Revolution

Unforgiven.

Hell for good measure how about the tenth anniversary raw dvd, stone cold truth, and undertaker he buries them alive? I have the 15th anniversary raw dvd, undertakers 3 disc best of from a year or two ago, and the new stone cold dvd.

December to Dismember was probably the best PPV outside of WM 17.

It was so awesome that they never did another ECW-only PPV again, knowing they couldn't top that,

Well now I have to buy it just to see how horrible it was. Any reviews of the other shows/dvds?