TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

Well, now we know what the logo would be if WWE replaced Armageddon with Starrcade.

And yes, it is funny to see Sting front and center on a WWE DVD. Especially colored facepaint Sting.

Few new WWE DVD Release Dates

1/20/09 - WWE Armageddon 2008

1/27/09 - WWE Legends of Wrestling [3 discs]

2/3/09 - WWE Tagged Classics - No Mercy 2003 & Survivor Series 2003

2/3/09 - WWE Tagged Classics - Armageddon 2003 & Royal Rumble 2004

2/24/09 - WWE Royal Rumble 2009

I love those Tagged Classics sets. The local K-Mart always has them for $11 each.

and looks like Best Buy is gonna have a special edition of the Edge set.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...&id=1932665

It'll probably be like the one they did for the HBK set last year. Wish it was like the Eddie Tin though.

And here's the cover for WWE Legends of Wrestling

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?...hor=1#topoftabs

From what I was reading, there is a segment where the hosts talk about the wrestlers that have the most heat behind the scenes, and they list Buff as one of, if not the top on that list. I will try to find the article, but that's what I have right now.

This is the article about Buff on the cover. I got it from Lords of Pain:

-- WWE will be releasing a three-disc DVD set called WWE: Legends of Wrestling Collection on Tuesday, January 27, 2009. The DVD set contains episodes of WWE 24/7's popular discussion panel show in which the likes of Jim Ross, Dusty Rhodes and Tazz discuss the legends of wrestling as well as other aspects regarding the history of wrestling. Here is the synopsis for the DVD set:

"Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Jerry "The King" Lawler & Junkyard Dog are just a few of the biggest names in the history of sports entertainment, a who’s who of professional wrestling immortality. In one of the most popular shows on WWE’s on demand channel, panels that include WWE Hall of Famers Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes discuss the life and times of these legends. These shows have never been available on DVD - until now! Fans can now enjoy these panel discussions along with bonus matches featuring the best of the highlighted superstars."

The cover for the DVD set has been released and it features Ric Flair, Sgt. Slaughter, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Junkyard Dog, and last but not least, former WCW Superstar Buff Bagwell. The cover of the DVD set notes its discussions on Flair, Slaughter, Lawler & Junkyard Dog, as well as "Heatseekers." This particular episode focuses on wrestlers who could easily get "heat" backstage, and Buff Bagwell appears to be the prime example of what it means. Bagwell is well aware of his misunderstood reputation as he once jokingly said in an interview that he gets heat just by walking down the street. During the episode, they discuss Bagwell's infamous stint in WWE in 2001 as he was involved in some backstage incidents which led to his quick departure from the company. During his meeting with Jim Ross & Vince McMahon informing him of his release from the company, Bagwell said in an interview that Ross told him if he could somehow translate his heat backstage to the ring, he'd be money. Bagwell asked them why don't they then, and they didn't really respond.

You can see the DVD cover at the following link.

I can't find it in the thread, but does anybody know if they continue cutting out Benoit references/shots/moments on the Eddie DVD?

I don't want to think the 4th bonus disc has been edited.

Yup. Isn't the UK bonus disc both tributes on one disc? In Canada and the US, there's two different ones...one with the RAW tribute and one with the Smackdown tribute.

I can't find it in the thread, but does anybody know if they continue cutting out Benoit references/shots/moments on the Eddie DVD?

They didn't. It's the exact same DVD they released back in 04, I believe.

They didn't. It's the exact same DVD they released back in 04, I believe.

No, he's talking about the new Eddie DVD. They did.

Yeah i'm talking about the tribute shows. One of my favourite/saddest Raw moments was that Raw, and even if I didn't want to see Benoit at all, i'd still not like to think of the show as changing from its original airing.

I just got it and I'm pretty sure it's 3 discs. Not sure deciding to have it a Christmas present was the best idea, the tribute show is hardly the most 'festive' of things to be watching.

Does anyone know if the Legends Of Wrestling DVD is going to be a worldwide release, or just US? I haven't seen anything on Silvervision regarding it yet.

I just got it and I'm pretty sure it's 3 discs. Not sure deciding to have it a Christmas present was the best idea, the tribute show is hardly the most 'festive' of things to be watching.

It is three discs, but some places have an exclusive fourth disc.

US:

- Best Buy (4th disc is RAW tribute, comes in tin with No Way Out 04 and Cheating Death, Stealing Life)

- FYE (4th disc is SD tribute)

Canada:

- Best Buy (4th disc is RAW tribute)

- Sunrise Records (4th disc is SD tribute)

Europe/UK:

- Silvervision.co.uk (4th disc has both tribute shows)

In regards to the bonus tribute shows packed in the Eddie sets, all Benoit appearances and mentions are cut out.

I just watched the both of them the other night.

On another note, while watching the Kane dvd, there's a match with X-Pac & Kane VS Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett for the tag straps from Raw that seems to have the audio edited. Sounds kinda like they tried to edit the crowd chants of "You're a nugget".

Anyone else notice this?

Got the Edge DVD.. kinda disappointed that there's no docu with it. =\ Granted, some of the cuts between matches with Edge himself are pretty funny, but I was hoping for a full-on "story of" type thing. Any reason why they'd do this? Has it been done for him already?

They've been doing a lot of dvds in that kind of format as of lates. Austin had it, the Rock had it, Eddie's dvd had it (even though they kinda had to), and I'm pretty sure HHH's dvd was like that as well.

The current format seems to be if you're retired (Flair) or dead (Perfect) and thus your life story really won't be changing, you get a documentary. If not, you do interstitials between matches.

Not as bare bones as Edge's though.. the Austin, HHH & Guerrero ones had some actual length to the story portions. *shrug* The Edge one just feels like the format of the Mick Foley's Greatest Hits where he's basically introducing his matches and that's about it. It would've been nice to see some footage from before (there's some, but barely any) he came to WWE and was rising through the indy's, etc. Less kayfabe, etc. All that shit. Oh well..

Is it just me, or has this Edge DVD been promoted a lot less strongly than the usual WWE release? I didn't even know it was coming out until seeing a commercial in Smackdown this past Friday. It's only $20 at Best Buy this week, and Edge is my favorite, so I must get it.

Here are Billboard's Top selling WWE DVDs for 2008 (December 2007 - November 2008):

1. Best of RAW 15th Anniversary 1993-2008

2. The Rock: The Most Elecrtrifying Man in Sports Entertainment

3. John Cena: My Life

4. The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin

5. WrestleMania XXIV

6. The Shawn Michaels Story - Heartbreak & Triumph

7. Triple H: King of Kings

8. Twist of Fate: The Matt & Jeff Hardy Story

9. Nature Boy Ric Flair: The Definitive Collection

10. Rey Mysterio: Biggest Little Man

11. Hell In A Cell

12. WrestleMania 23

13. Triumph aand Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling

14. Royal Rumble 2008

You might as well change the thread subtitle, we don't even get WWE dvds at CCity anymore (last one was the HIAC).

I'll probably get the Starrcade, as I never got around to watching it on 24/7.

My Survivor Series 08 dvd should be arriving via mail from deepdiscount.com maybe tom. Any extras on it?

My Survivor Series 08 dvd should be arriving via mail from deepdiscount.com maybe tom. Any extras on it?

You get 2 extras....

1] Great Khali and Ranjin talk with Shawn Michaels about their Survivor Series win.

2] Jeff Hardy VS Undertaker Extreme Rules Match from November 14 Smackdown

Why is Bagwell on the cover?

there is a discussion on heat seakers, and about everybody agrees he could draw backstage heat like nobody else ever in the business