TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

Anyone see the deal at Suncoast/FYE on those 3 pack tins with older titles (Like Legends Vol1, The Hitman, Snake and Pillman sets), they're all on sale for 19.99. Great deal for anyone looking to stock up on some titles they might need.

Those deals always make me feel like a dumbass for rushing out and getting the dvds when they are new.

Tell me about it.

For some reason though, I never picked up The Jake The Snake dvd. May drop by the local FYE tomorrow and pick up the set that has it since they are so cheap.

Those deals always make me feel like a dumbass for rushing out and getting the dvds when they are new.

paying for retail DVDs at all would make me feel like a dumbass

digital media for the win

Yes, you're so much better than all of us. Please, tell us a few more times. :rolleyes:

I just don't see the point in paying money for media with such a short half-life :rolleyes:

Feel free to follow me around on this board and reply to me when I'm not even talking to you though, it shows that I must either REALLY bother you or you have some sort of man-crush on me :wub:

Yes, it's both actually. I just can't help myself. When I see someone who's being an ignorant fuck, I just have to let them know. :rolleyes:

As for digital media - computers crash, internet connections aren't always available. Some people like to have hard copies of their media and if they're willing to (ie: can afford to) pay for it then there's no reason for you to try to take the piss out of them for wanting to do so.

As for digital media - computers crash, internet connections aren't always available. Some people like to have hard copies of their media and if they're willing to (ie: can afford to) pay for it then there's no reason for you to try to take the piss out of them for wanting to do so.

having a RAID setup = no lost data, EVER.

I'd love to have all my media on a hard drive or what not, as I believe that in another 10-20 years or so they'll probably end up placing that sort of system in tvs rather than blu ray or dvds. I wouldn't be surprised to see people downloading all their dvds and cds straight to their tv and pcs in that time frame.

As for now, I prefer the hard copies just for the collection aspect of it.

I'd love to have all my media on a hard drive or what not, as I believe that in another 10-20 years or so they'll probably end up placing that sort of system in tvs rather than blu ray or dvds. I wouldn't be surprised to see people downloading all their dvds and cds straight to their tv and pcs in that time frame.

As for now, I prefer the hard copies just for the collection aspect of it.

Trust me...I spent thousands on DVDs over a few years...but I have them all ripped to my server now with a media center in my room and a HTPC in the living room...

downloading and streaming TV epis commercial free, no need for cable, same goes for buying movies now (ill still see them in theaters though, definitely!)

...thank god for technology

and it'll be shorter than that before it takes place IMO...drive prices are declining at an astounding rate...7200rpm 1tb internals are about half the price they were A YEAR AGO

not to mention homes are becoming more and more networked...heck, every Xbox 360 and PS3 out there has the capability to play digital media off pcs now

2. The Rock: The Most Elecrtrifying Man in Sports Entertainment

4. The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin

6. The Shawn Michaels Story - Heartbreak & Triumph

9. Nature Boy Ric Flair: The Definitive Collection

10. Rey Mysterio: Biggest Little Man

Those are the ones Ive gotten this year (Plus I got Edge's set on a whim with a $20 gift card I got from work but I kinda wish I hadnt). HBK/Mysterio were the BestBuy fan packs that were clearanced down to $15 (they had Cena's and the new DX as well). I would have gotten the Eddie DVDs as well but the Benoit editing crap pisses me off.

2. The Rock: The Most Elecrtrifying Man in Sports Entertainment

4. The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin

6. The Shawn Michaels Story - Heartbreak & Triumph

9. Nature Boy Ric Flair: The Definitive Collection

10. Rey Mysterio: Biggest Little Man

Those are the ones Ive gotten this year (Plus I got Edge's set on a whim with a $20 gift card I got from work but I kinda wish I hadnt).

Congratulations. You are six times less cool than theone is.

Anyone see the deal at Suncoast/FYE on those 3 pack tins with older titles (Like Legends Vol1, The Hitman, Snake and Pillman sets), they're all on sale for 19.99. Great deal for anyone looking to stock up on some titles they might need.

I said to myself "fucking SOLD" when I saw that earlier today. The Bret DVD alone had a pricetag of 34.99. The other two sets I saw were an ECW set with the first One Night Stand, ECW's Bloodiest Matches and December to Dismember (well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad) and another Legends one with the Dusty set, the AWA set and one other. That's a really, really good deal. The tins are pretty nice, too.

I said to myself "fucking SOLD" when I saw that earlier today. The Bret DVD alone had a pricetag of 34.99. The other two sets I saw were an ECW set with the first One Night Stand, ECW's Bloodiest Matches and December to Dismember (well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad) and another Legends one with the Dusty set, the AWA set and one other. That's a really, really good deal. The tins are pretty nice, too.

there's:

Legends Vol. 1

Bret, Pillman, Jake the Snake

Legends Vol. 2:

Dusty, Superstar Billy Graham, AWA

Icons:

McMahon, Hogan Anthology, Piper

ECW:

what you said

I finally picked up the IC title history tonight. I haven't seen it anywhere since it's released, I don't know if that means that it's been selling like hot cakes or maybe retailers got limited numbers of them, but I finally saw one tonight and picked it up. Though it was a tough choice.

Frys also had one Starcade collection so I had to choose between the History of the IC title and the Starcade collection. Since this was the first time I actually found the IC title dvd, I went with that one. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake.

It's not a WWE DVD, but what the hell. Have any of you watched "Pro Wrestling's Ultimate Insiders Presents: Last Call"? It's hosted by Dr. Keith Lipinski, and features Raven, Sandman, Terry Funk, New Jack, and Mustafa just shootin' away. I bought it blind in the DD 20% off sale for about $6 or so.

I picked up this DVD a few weeks ago, I enjoyed the hell of it. The fact it was just so crazy and it really looked like the host and probably the producers were getting upset that they weren't getting a shoot dvd like they expected.

History of the Intercontinental title is out. Yes, I got the Buddy Roberts edition. That'll be as valuable as a two page insert can get (not very). A lot of duplicate matches but I believe this is the first DVD appearance of both Savage/Steamboat and Warrior/Rude from Summerslam '89, not counting the anthologies.

I picked up this DVD a few weeks ago, I enjoyed the hell of it. The fact it was just so crazy and it really looked like the host and probably the producers were getting upset that they weren't getting a shoot dvd like they expected.

Scroby, what the HELL are you talking about?

History of the Intercontinental title is out. Yes, I got the Buddy Roberts edition. That'll be as valuable as a two page insert can get (not very). A lot of duplicate matches but I believe this is the first DVD appearance of both Savage/Steamboat and Warrior/Rude from Summerslam '89, not counting the anthologies.

Scroby, what the HELL are you talking about?

Fuck! I quoted the wrong thing...sorry. I'll fix it.

I'm surprised I did that. Then again I'm also watching Smackdown at the same time, so that's why I didn't catch it. My mistake.

JR has confirmed on his blog that WWE is producing a "Greatest Tag Teams" DVD for future release.

That should be interesting, if only for who they include and who they leave off.

While watching the History of the IC title last night, I started thinking that every year WWE should release a history of a title dvd with the same kind of book style dvd cases. Next year WWE would do the History of the WWE Tag Titles then proceed to put out one for the World Championship (Big Gold) then one of the U.S. Championsihp, then one for World (Smackdown?) Tag titles, then one for the ECW Championship.....You know, if those titles are still around as time goes on.

That's an awesome idea, and would be a cool way to get some WCW, NWA, and ECW footage on dvd.