TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

So does the match portion of the Starrcade DVD match what was on 24/7? I'm asking b/c it seems like some of the bumpers for 24/7 with Mean Gene, Tully, etc. where made especially for 24/7.

I'm watching Disk 2 of Eddie's new set and I've heard Chris Benoit's name twice in two matches. Did I miss a memo about them relaxing the ban?

Benoit is mentioned regularly on Disk 2.

I got the Guerrero set two days ago, Disk one is excellent, Disk two is nothing special (but does that the parking lot brawl and title win, as well as all the Los Guerreros vignettes and a neat little LG/Team Angle match. Disk Three I haven't started yet.

Got the Stone Cold, Edge, and IC title dvds last week. I watched the Edge dvd first and went through 2 disc in 1 night. Angle/Edge in a cage was a great match.

I'm watching Disk 2 of Eddie's new set and I've heard Chris Benoit's name twice in two matches. Did I miss a memo about them relaxing the ban?

Benoit is mentioned regularly on Disk 2.

I got the Guerrero set two days ago, Disk one is excellent, Disk two is nothing special (but does that the parking lot brawl and title win, as well as all the Los Guerreros vignettes and a neat little LG/Team Angle match. Disk Three I haven't started yet.

Yeah, I'm noticing more and more.

I'm also not on Disk 3 yet. Eddie/RVD from Backlash is a really great match, even if JR sounds like he could care less for some reason for the first half. Eddie/Chavo RR04 is one of my most disappointing matches ever. Hated it on first viewing, thought maybe it'd be better than I remembered but no. I know they were trying to tell a story but it wasn't one anyone wanted to see.

The sad part of the set is how many instances there are where the higher the match quality, the quieter the crowd. Jericho says as much for his match (WCW one), but the crowd is almost as dead during the Ultimo match and both Backlash matches are pretty quiet too.

Amazon.ca can't seem to find a copy of Starrcade to ship (they said the shipping estimate is now January 28th) and Amazon.com has these "Import Fees" that I don't like (plus the US exchange not being parity anymore makes .ca the cheaper option). I guess I'll go look around for it.

Here's the listing of extras for the 3 disc "Legends of Wrestling" set (The Roundtable show from 24/7)

Disc 1- Sgt. Slaughter and Ric Flair

- Slaughter Vs. Mike Rotundo.

Mid-Atlantic May 12 1982

-Texas Death Match for WWF Title

Slaughter Vs. Bob Backlund

Sept. 24 1983

-Slaughter Vs. Iron Sheik

April 23, 1984

-Boot Camp Match

Slaughter Vs. Col. DeBeers

AWA SuperClash III Dec. 13, 1988

-NWA Heavyweight Title Match

Flair Vs. Lex Luger

Starrcade Dec. 26, 1988

-Thunderdome Match

Flair & Sting Vs. Terry Funk & The Great Muta

Halloween Havoc Oct. 28, 1989

- Flair Vs. Curt Hennig

WCW Nitro Oct. 11, 1999

Disc 2: Jerry Lawler and JunkyardDog

-Lawler & Jimmy Valiant Vs. Kerry Von Eric & Michael Hayes

AWA Jan. 22, 1989

- Lawler Vs. Owen Hart

Wrestling Challenge July 6, 1993

- Lawler vs. Roddy Piper

King of the Ring June 19, 1994

- Lawler vs. Breat Hart

In Your House May 14, 1995

- "Kiss my Foot" match

Lawler vs. Breat Hart

King of the Ring June 25, 1995

- Lawler vs. Mart Garner

June 8, 1996

-JYD & Sgt. Slaughter Vs. Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff

Nov. 10, 1984

- Intercontinental title match

JYD Vs. Greg Valentine

Wrestlemania March 31, 1985

- Tournament Final Match

JYD Vs. Randy savage

The Wrestling Classic Nov. 7 1985

-JYD Vs. Adrian Adonis

SNME March 1, 1986

-JYD Vs. Harley Race

SNME Jan. 3 1987

- "Loser Must Bow" match

JYD Vs. Harley Race

Wrestlemania III March 29, 1987

Disc 3: Heatseekers

-TheFreebirds Vs. Ron Shaw, Rene Goulet & Charlie Fulton

Aug. 4, 1984

-NWA World Tag Team title match

Lex Luger & barry Windham Vs. Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson

Clash of the Champions March 27 1988

-Loser Leaves NWA match

The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane & Jim Cornette) Vs.

The Original Midnight Express (Jack Victory, Randy Rose & Paul E.

Dangerously)

Chi-Town Rumble Feb. 20 1989

-NWA US Title Match

Lex Luger Vs. Michael Hayes

Wrestlewar May 7, 1989

-WCW US Title match

Scott Hall Vs. Goldberg

WCW Nitro July 6, 1998

- Scott Hall Vs. Kevin Nash

Halloween Havoc Oct. 25, 1998

-Steel Cage match for WCW title

Vince Russo Vs. Booker T

WCW Nitro, Sept. 25, 2000

-Boxing match

Buff Bagwell Vs. Roddy Piper

Bash at the Beach July 11, 1999

Dude, get it at HMV.. it's cheaper there anyway. I got mine tonight at Yonge/Dundas for $29. They had quite a few in stock.

That's the price it was on Amazon too. I usually find HMV a bit pricey for wrestling DVDs but sometimes it's on par with everything else.

I wish MusicWorld didn't go out of business, or at the very least was replaced with HMV at the mall closer to my house. The 'big mall' with the HMV is not always a convenient trip.

I was actually hoping to use $40 worth of Bluckbuster GCs to get it, but apparently sometime between the last time I had been in the store (which has been quite awhile) they once again phased wrestling out. I blame Blu-Ray for this (the new-to-me BR section took up the rack wrestling and anime used to be on).

Ah, for some reason I thought it was $35 on Amazon.

Where are you in the city? It might also be worth checking out a BestBuy in-store (not online). I got the Edge set there for $26 and it was $30 everywhere else I checked, including BestBuy's website, which was odd.

Any word on the Best Buy exclusive version of the Legends of Wrestling six disc set?

I hear that the 3 discs will be the same ones included everywhere else, but the 3 additional discs will be Piper & Funk, Hogan & Backlund, and Andre the Giant & Iron Sheik. I can't wait to hear which matches are on the three bonus discs, if any at all.

My daily stupidity for today: I went to HMV and bought what I wanted - Edge, Starrcade, and Rumble 08 to complete the set. Except I was trying to speed it up, so I picked up the first DVD that said "Royal Rumble" because the logo looked right.

I bought 2007. It was actually Benoit being on the front which tipped me off, then of course I looked at the back and realized I made a dumb move. It's unopened to hopefully they're not bastards about returns, even for store credit.

Change it we are dead. Now I am officially needing a new job. Great time for that huh? I saw this coming but there aren't many jobs available these days. Hopefully Best Buy will consider my recent application :D

Guest Smues

Vince Russo Vs. Booker T

-Boxing match

Those matches are being put onto DVD so they'll last forever? Dear lord. Vince Russo winning the world title shouldn't be put onto DVD, the masters of that should be burned. And that boxing match was really, really, really bad. IIRC it went beyond laughably bad into just bad bad bad.

They could have atleast put a good Buff Bagwell match on the disc, I know those are hard to find but I know I remember watching a few decent matches from him over the years. I'd even settle for the Booker T raw match over that boxing match.

And to be honest, I think (or hope) that Buff wasn't the one pushing for that match anyway.

Although if they made a WCW History DVD I would love to see the extras be the 10 best matches(88-01) and the 10 worst.

Vince Russo Vs. Booker T

-Boxing match

Those matches are being put onto DVD so they'll last forever? Dear lord. Vince Russo winning the world title shouldn't be put onto DVD, the masters of that should be burned. And that boxing match was really, really, really bad. IIRC it went beyond laughably bad into just bad bad bad.

The idea of the "Heatseekers" roundtable was to yap about people everyone hates, so this selection is the worst of the worst just to make a point, I would assume.