TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

Change it we are dead. Now I am officially needing a new job. Great time for that huh? I saw this coming but there aren't many jobs available these days. Hopefully Best Buy will consider my recent application :D

I feel your pain, man. I've been unemployed since Jan. 1, having been laid off.

Change it we are dead. Now I am officially needing a new job. Great time for that huh? I saw this coming but there aren't many jobs available these days. Hopefully Best Buy will consider my recent application :D

I feel your pain, man. I've been unemployed since Jan. 1, having been laid off.

I've feel both your pains, I've been on and off temp work since May of 08. I haven't had a full time job since then.

From inside the pages of the F4W Online website, here's UPDATE with Lord Alfred Hayes an update at the alleged "6 disc" edition of the LOW set:

--Josh Watko writes that stories of Best Buy going to have a six disc version of the WWE Legends DVD are incorrect. They have a three disc selling for $34.99 and on 1/27 will have six individual disc versions of the show on sale for $12.99 each, with a discussion and a look back at the matches being discussed.

So, are the single 6 discs the same as the 3 disc set? Or is there more content if you buy it separate?

The first three are the same as the 3 disc set DVDs.

The last three have the Hulk Hogan/Bob Backlund ep on one disc, Iron Sheik/Andre on another and Piper/Funk on yet another. They're Best Buy exclusive and I believe they have matches on there as well.

From inside the pages of the F4W Online website, here's UPDATE with Lord Alfred Hayes an update at the alleged "6 disc" edition of the LOW set:

--Josh Watko writes that stories of Best Buy going to have a six disc version of the WWE Legends DVD are incorrect. They have a three disc selling for $34.99 and on 1/27 will have six individual disc versions of the show on sale for $12.99 each, with a discussion and a look back at the matches being discussed.

Hah, I know Josh; he's one of my best friends!

The Starrcade DVD set has a not-seen-on-24/7 documentary. It's only 45 minutes but it's a nice bit of history (though a lot of it seemed culled together from previous interviews). I do think it marks one of the only times you'll see an officially released WWE DVD paint WWE as bad guys though (they bring up the Survivor Series 1987 deal and how cable companies were bullied into choosing that show in order to get Mania IV).

Here's the match listing for the Best Buy exclusive Legends discs, I saw the discs at the bestbuy I work at, so I thought I'd share this with you guys:

Andre and Sheik episode:

Sheik Vs. Tito Santana 1/21/84

Sheik Vs. Bob Backlund 3/31/84

Sheik and Volkoff Vs. US Express from Wrestlemania 1

Sheik and Volkoff Vs. S Express 8/25/86

Andre Vs. Hulk Hogan 9/30/1980

Andre and Rocky Johnson Vs. Muraco and Studd 4/30/83

Andre Vs King Kong Bundy 923/85

Andre Vs. Savage 9/29/88

Hogan and Backlund episode

Hogan & The High Flyers Vs. Heenan, Ventua and Patera AWA 8/9/81

Hogan and Andre Vs. Heenan, Bobby Duncan, Nick Bockwinkle and Patera AWA 11/7/82

Hogan Vs. Harley Race 3/12/88 SNME

Backlund Vs. Sprio Anion 3/25/78

Backlund Vs. Superfly 6/28/1982 Cage Match

Backlund Vs. Buddy Rose 8/30/82

Piper and Funk episode:

Piper Interviews himself

Piper and Flair Amateur match 11/24/82

Piper Vs. Orndorff 8/3/85

Piper Vs. Bob Orton 11/29/86 SNME

Piper Vs. Haku 10/14/89

Piper Vs. Rude 12/28/89 Cage match

Piper Vs. Mr. Perfect 12/28/90 IC Title match

Funk Vs. JYD 11/2/85 SNME

Funk Vs. Flair 11/15/89 Clash I quit match

Funk Vs. Steamboat 6/14/89 Clash

Funk vs. Tully Blanchard 5/22/94 Slamboree

And I believe the Starrcade DVD set is $23.99 on wwe.com. Best price I have seen yet.

Wonder if Flair would comment on why Ronnie Garvin was World Champ going into SC '87?

So, are the single 6 discs the same as the 3 disc set? Or is there more content if you buy it separate?

The last three have the Hulk Hogan/Bob Backlund ep on one disc, Iron Sheik/Andre on another and Piper/Funk on yet another. They're Best Buy exclusive and I believe they have matches on there as well.

Sweet! These all come out the 27th, right?

Sweet! These all come out the 27th, right?

Yup.

For Black Friday 2007, FYE was running a promo where after you bought Smackdown vs. Raw 2008, you got Unforgiven 2007 for free. So, in the ad, next to the picture of the video game, they put a smaller picture of Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven, with the FREE WITH PURCHASE graphic. That always made me laugh.

I picked up all six of the Legends of Wrestling DVDs at Best Buy today. After the deal discounts, the final total was around $50, give or take, about $7.99 each.

I got the Legends of Wrestling DVD's today and I'm watching "Heatseekers" and I go to watch Russo Vs. Booker T.

Early in the match a bunch of baby faces come out to stop Russo from escaping the cage.

They blur Rey Mysterio's face!

THEY BLUR REY MYSTERIO'S FACE!!!!!!!!

BEST EDIT EVER!

They did that on the first Rey DVD in 2003 too.

See, I can understand them doing that on a DVD his young fan base is going to buy.

But this is a legends DVD, and he's not mentioned by name when he's walking with the crew of faces to the ring. So, even if there was a fan watching that never saw him with his mask, they would just think it was some random cruiser.

Also, imagine they do this on 24/7 when they play a WCW show he has a match on, that'll be horrible.

I got the Legends of Wrestling DVD's today and I'm watching "Heatseekers" and I go to watch Russo Vs. Booker T.

Early in the match a bunch of baby faces come out to stop Russo from escaping the cage.

They blur Rey Mysterio's face!

THEY BLUR REY MYSTERIO'S FACE!!!!!!!!

BEST EDIT EVER!

Oh, that was who they were blurring. Talk about trying to put the genie back in the bottle.

Got the Legends of Wrestling Collection from Amazon and picked up the three bonus DVDs at Best Buy.

I picked up the Legends collection and the three exclusives from Best Buy last night. So far so good. I hope they release more of these - I really liked the heatseekers panel with Bischoff and Foley, as well.