TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

I was just browsing through Best Buy's website, and noticed a "Greatest Stars of the 90's" dvd set being advertised for an April release. I'm guessing it's along the same lines of the Greatest Stars of the 80's" set that came out a few years back.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...&id=1950959

I picked up the Legends collection and the three exclusives from Best Buy last night. So far so good. I hope they release more of these - I really liked the heatseekers panel with Bischoff and Foley, as well.

Also, Dusty's story about meeting Piper for the first time is barf-worthy.

Can anyone tell me if these single disc legend of wrestling dvds are being well stocked in their best buys? I'm just curious because I won't be able to pick them up for a week or two, and the prices on Ebay are ridiculously high.

Can anyone tell me if these single disc legend of wrestling dvds are being well stocked in their best buys? I'm just curious because I won't be able to pick them up for a week or two, and the prices on Ebay are ridiculously high.

Do store pickup - order in pairs (so you get $10 off of two - $7.99+tax per DVD so $15.98+tax for a pair) and do store pickup, you have eight days to pick it up. Otherwise, you will have to pay the regular price because it won't be on sale next week and the availability may not be the best.

Plus, they don't actually charge you until pick it up.

They're very poorly stocked. Stores only got an average of 4 of each one.

Took some advice from this thread and did the pick up at store option on the Best Buy website. I found it strange that they didn't carry the actual 3 disc boxset at my Best Buy. They did, however, have plenty of the six single dvds so I went ahead and bought the other three in the single versions. I enjoyed watching the legends round tables when I had wwe 24/7, and hope they continue to release these on dvd.

Edit:

As an update to a previous post of mine I found some more info on upcoming dvds that have been listed in this thread.

Tag Teams and the Greatest Stars of the 90s!

- As announced by Jim Ross on his blog, WWE is working on a "Greatest Tag

Teams" DVD, which will be released sometime in 2009.

- WWE will also be producing a sequel to the "Greatest Superstars of the

80s" DVD, titled "Greatest Superstars of the 90s". The DVD would feature

stars of the Attitude Era, the rise of the original ECW, and the Monday

Night Wars. That DVD is set for release in April.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

I actually saw them today...as I was leaving the Best Buy. They weren't in the new releases or even in the wrestling section. Hell they weren't even near the wrestling section. They were on a end cap on another dvd section, not even in order. I didn't even see the dvds till I was leaving and the only reason I did was because I glanced to my left before I walked towards the doors.

I was thinking about the tag team one the other night, and wondering if wrestlers being in TNA will affect it. Will it include:

Hall & Nash

The Dudleys

Harlem Heat

And I am hoping they pull out some matches on the GSof90's that are not out yet (Bret-HBK SS92)

I actually saw them today...as I was leaving the Best Buy. They weren't in the new releases or even in the wrestling section. Hell they weren't even near the wrestling section. They were on a end cap on another dvd section, not even in order. I didn't even see the dvds till I was leaving and the only reason I did was because I glanced to my left before I walked towards the doors.

Best Buy at Bay & Dundas Toronto had quite a few of them, all in one column spanning about 5 rows in the new releases section. They actually had double the amount of Hogan/Backlund DVDs over all the others. I guess it's a bigger market in that area for Wrestling vids?

Here's the supposed chapters for the 90's DVD. I'm glad to see Hall and Nash make it.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Gre...VD-3-Discs.html

I'm going to go one above and just post the listings:

Disc 1

Tazz - Introduction

Shawn Michaels

From the Smallest Champion to the Largest

Yokozuna

Samoan Culture

The Rock

Drawing the Casual Fan

Women of the 90s

Tough and Sexy

Kevin Nash

Battle for Superstardom

Owen Hart

Fun Filled Memories

Ric Flair

Infamous Figure

Mick Foley

The Quest for Success

Not So Great Stars of the 90s

The Reinvention

Hulk Hogan

Attitude and Controversy

Triple H

Technical Savvy

Bret Hart

Pop Culture Phenomenon

Vince McMahon / Eric Bischoff / Paul Heyman

The Total Package

Lex Luger

The IT Factor

Sting

The Bad Guy

Razor Ramon

Respect

The Undertaker

A Rebel

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Tazz - Close

Extras

• Razor Ramon – Restaurant Vignette

July 11, 1992

• The Undertaker Builds a Coffin for Yokozuna

December 1993

• Bret Hart – New Generation Vignette

July 1994

• Owen Hart Inside a Steel Cage

August 20, 1994

• Shawn Michaels Press Conference Before WrestleMania XI

February 28, 1995

• Hunter Hearst Helmsley - "Riff Raff"

April 15, 1995

• Mankind – “And God Created Mankind”

January 6, 1996

• Scott Hall & Kevin Nash N.W.O. Vignette

August 19, 1996

• The Hart Foundation Reunites

March 31, 1997

• D-Generation X Reenacts the Montreal Incident

November 24, 1997

• The Rock Reads Steve Austin’s Eulogy

April 19, 1999

• Steve Austin remembers the Shockmaster

Disc 2

Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan

Madison Square Garden - November 30, 1991

WWE Championship Match

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels

Survivor Series - November 25, 1992

WWE Championship Match

Hulk Hogan vs. Yokozuna

King of the Ring - June 13, 1993

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart

WrestleMania X - March 20, 1994

Intercontinental Championship Match

Diesel vs. Razor Ramon

Superstars – April 13, 1994

International World Heavyweight Championship Match

Sting vs. Vader

Slamboree – May 22, 1994

WWE Championship Match

Bret Hart vs. Diesel

Royal Rumble – January 22, 1995

WWE Women’s Championship Match

Alundra Blayze vs. Bull Nakano

Monday Night Raw – April 3, 1995

Disc 3

Triple Header Match

Shawn Michaels & Diesel vs. Yokozuna & British Bulldog

In Your House – September 24, 1995

#1 Contender Match

Owen Hart vs. Shawn Michaels

In Your House – February 18, 1996

WWE Championship Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Vader

SummerSlam – August 18, 1996

Steel Cage Match

Mankind vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

SummerSlam – August 3, 1997

WCW Championship Match

Lex Luger vs. Hulk Hogan

Monday Nitro – August 4, 1997

WWE Championship Match

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker

SummerSlam – August 30, 1998

United States Championship Match

Sting vs. Bret Hart

Halloween Havoc – October 25, 1998

Strap Match

Triple H vs. The Rock

Fully Loaded – July 25, 1999

I also see Rumble 2009 has a Blu-Ray due. Is this the first PPV since Mania XXIV to get the BR treatment?

Yeah, I agree. That match selection is kind of weird. I don't really understand why they would release matches that are also on the anthology sets since everybody that will buy this set probably already has a copy of those matches in some form by now.

I would think something like Michaels/Diesel vs. Razor/Kid would be perfect for this DVD.

• Steve Austin remembers the Shockmaster

And sold!

I don't get why the WWE is only putting on three WCW matches on there. You'd think they'd throw in a few more.

I also see Rumble 2009 has a Blu-Ray due. Is this the first PPV since Mania XXIV to get the BR treatment?

Yes, it is. I hope they're now doing all future PPVs in both Blu-Ray and DVD.

Are you talking about the playset or did they do a DVD box in the shape of the firehouse?

EDIT-Googling confirms you meant the box set. I just wanted to brag that I had the Real Ghostbusters Firehouse.

Been watching the legends of wrestling dvds, enjoyed the Piper interviewing himself segment as well as his match with Mr. Perfect. Never got to see Buff vs Piper in the boxing match, but it lived up to being a steaming pile of shit. First time seeing the thunderdome tag match, and enjoyed it.

The one match that surprised me with how good it told a story(didn't think it'd be any good) was Nash vs Hall from the Heatseekers disc. I know the angle was in poor taste, but I do think that match might be one good thing to come out of it. It's mainly just a punchfest, but a good punchfest.

Just watching The History Of The WWE Championship for the first time, on disc one, on nearly every single Hogan win, Jesse Ventura, without fail, tells us he'd love to get back in there and beat Hogan up. I know it's just Jesse being Jesse, but he says it during several matches, it's awesome.

Just watching The History Of The WWE Championship for the first time, on disc one, on nearly every single Hogan win, Jesse Ventura, without fail, tells us he'd love to get back in there and beat Hogan up. I know it's just Jesse being Jesse, but he says it during several matches, it's awesome.

Agreed. I love going back and hearing Jesse, while appearing to be a heel, basically giving pseudo-shoot comments on Hogan throughout his match commentaries.

I just got back from our local Best Buy, I went to purchase Vols. 4-6 of the WWE Legends DVD's . . . . and they already had the Best of Saturday Night's Main Event set out! Sooo, I purchased it. Haven't gotten to watch it yet, but probably will this afternoon. It wasn't due out for a few more weeks, was it?

I just got back from our local Best Buy, I went to purchase Vols. 4-6 of the WWE Legends DVD's . . . . and they already had the Best of Saturday Night's Main Event set out! Sooo, I purchased it. Haven't gotten to watch it yet, but probably will this afternoon. It wasn't due out for a few more weeks, was it?

This upcoming Tuesday is the release date.