TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Let's talk about Rex, Baby. Let's talk about you and me.

2007 NFL Coach of the year.  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best?

• Romeo Crennel
    • Jack Del Rio
    • Tony Dungy
    • Jon Gruden
    • Dick Jauron
    • Mike McCarthy
    • Other-Please specify
  2. 2. Who's the worst?

• Brian Billick
    • Cam Cameron
    • Tom Coughlin
    • Marvin Lewis
    • Scott Linehan
    • Lovie Smith
    • Other-Please specify

So even though what St. Louis plays on is a completely different type of turf I think this week ends all of Pittsburgh's thoughts of bringing in any type of artificial surface, even after the Monday Night debacle a few weeks back.

Also, tonight's NFL Network broadcast crew was quite possibly the worst in the history of professional sports television. Marshall Faulk was barely speaking English up there and sounded like a decent announcer sitting next to Bryant Gumbel. My favorite part was when he said a pass that was thrown about 5 yards out of bounds and landed on the ground was completed to Torry Holt.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
So who gets Parker's spot in the Pro Bowl: Fred or Sean Taylor?

Also: The Steelers are fucked.

Fred. Hopefully. At least he is not dead.

Also, Bryant Gumbel is horrible and should be fired. Get that old white guy they had last week when Gumbel had a tickle in his throat, and put him with Collinsworth and Faulk with Deion as an on-the-field reporter.

His reputation for getting "burt" comes from two preseason games. One in his second year when Randy Moss got by him and one last year when Chad Johnson got by him in the preseason.

I haven't watched D'Angelo Hall play every down of every game but, just for the sake of argument, let's sample some of the performances of opposing No. 1 wideouts over the last two seasons:

2005:

Week 1: Terrell Owens, 117 yards

Week 2: Darrell Jackson, 131 yards

Week 7: Laveranues Coles, 96 yards

Week 10: Donald Driver, 114 yards

Week 16: Joey Galloway, 97 yards

Week 17: Steve Smith, 131 yards, 1 TD

2006:

Week 2: Joey Galloway, 161 yards

Week 7: Hines Ward, 171 yards, 3 TD

Week 9: Roy Williams, 138 yards, 1 TD

Week 13: Santana Moss, 123 yards, 1 TD

2007:

Week 6: Plaxico Burress, 97 yards, 1 TD

Week 13: Torry Holt, 135 yards, 1 TD

Looking at those stats, 2007 probably seems like a banner year for D'Angelo Hall, until you realize that opposing teams aren't throwing at him (or the Falcons in general) because they can run the ball for 4.3 yards/carry against the Falcons front seven. Those stats, in conjunction with Hall's undying need to talk and talk and talk and talk about how great he is, have a lot to do with the very valid belief that he's overrated.

Oh, and there was

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Between this DeAngelo Hall thing and the Jamie Lynn Spears thread in Music, I have a feeling that I could get Ripper to argue that the world is flat.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
In heaven. He plays in the NFC in heaven. He made the All-Angel team this year.

59785-5.gif

So....Washington@Minnesota. Hard game to pick.

I'll just throw this out there because I am at work and don't have time to type much...

Redskins 24

Vikings 14

His reputation for getting "burt" comes from two preseason games. One in his second year when Randy Moss got by him and one last year when Chad Johnson got by him in the preseason.

I haven't watched D'Angelo Hall play every down of every game but, just for the sake of argument, let's sample some of the performances of opposing No. 1 wideouts over the last two seasons:

2005:

Week 1: Terrell Owens, 117 yards

Week 2: Darrell Jackson, 131 yards

Week 7: Laveranues Coles, 96 yards

Week 10: Donald Driver, 114 yards

Week 16: Joey Galloway, 97 yards

Week 17: Steve Smith, 131 yards, 1 TD

2006:

Week 2: Joey Galloway, 161 yards

Week 7: Hines Ward, 171 yards, 3 TD

Week 9: Roy Williams, 138 yards, 1 TD

Week 13: Santana Moss, 123 yards, 1 TD

2007:

Week 6: Plaxico Burress, 97 yards, 1 TD

Week 13: Torry Holt, 135 yards, 1 TD

Looking at those stats, 2007 probably seems like a banner year for D'Angelo Hall, until you realize that opposing teams aren't throwing at him (or the Falcons in general) because they can run the ball for 4.3 yards/carry against the Falcons front seven. Those stats, in conjunction with Hall's undying need to talk and talk and talk and talk about how great he is, have a lot to do with the very valid belief that he's overrated.

Oh, and there was

Jim Moras coaching staff didn't lock CB's onto certain players. They just never did it. They didn't have CB's follow recievers all over the field, so just arbitrarily showing the stats of starting wide recievers isn't really a accurate way to judge anything. Hall for 05 and 06 played weak side cornerback, this year he has gotten opportunites to shade defenders, but not really for his career.

And to argue a guy is a great corner back is not to say he never gets passes caught on him. That ridiculous. If that was the case, no QB should ever be able to complete a pass in the pro bowl. I am sayin he is one of the best in the league at his position and proves it every week on the field. Does he talk alot? Sure. But he backs it up.

The play you posted was a wonderful play of Chris Crocker not being where he was supposed to be as always. Thats why they threw it to the inside towards the middle fo the field because Chris Crocker will let ANYONE behind him. That play perfectly illustrated my point about how people will blame Hall, but they were playing Zone and his saftey on the inside wasn't there.

the run after is absolutely awesome though.

Guest I'm a woman, I'm 40.

That charge was good enough for the Bills to only lose to New England by 46.

Yet, that effort will probably be sufficient enough to defeat NYG.

It's a rule that the Giants have to keep the playoff picture interesting by constantly losing games at the end of the season so they don't clinch a spot and take out some excitement.

Dallas turned into Carolina after TO went out. "OK we have 2 good halfbacks, but our top receiver is out and there's a question as to whether or not our QB can carry this team to a win."

Unfortunately for Carolina, Dallas has Marion Barber hammering the ball while the Panthers are stuck with Tackle Dodger A and Tackle Dodger B without anybody to just send up the gut.

Provided the Packers win tomorrow I think they can get home field. Without TO I don't really see the Cowboys winning at Washington next week, since they looked pretty crappy in that 2nd half.

Guest Randall Keith Orton

T.O. got injured so he could fuck Jessica Simpson during next week's game.

Updates every 10 minutes on ESPN.

I'm predicting a Dolphins upset. They have nothing to play for so they will definitely be resting their starters, and considering how atrocious the starters have been this year playing the backups must be considered an upgrade, and an upgraded Dolphins team will be able to steal a quick lead on the Patriots. Then they'll get all "Oh shit, better run it up" and play a bit less conservatively than I'm sure they're planning to and POW somebody gets hurt, they panic and aren't sure whether to keep playing hard and risking injury to go for perfection or to say "Fuck perfection, Super Bowl rings for everyone!" and start protecting themselves. Meanwhile the clock chews away and it stays horribly low-scoring as the Patriots get conservative and try to get Maroney the single-season touchdown record just so they can basically incinerate the copies of the NFL record books. Pats fumble the ball at a clutch moment and the Dolphins recover and run out the clock with a no-name halfback who soon becomes a household name.

If Seattle can't beat Baltimore, Seattle will be the worst team in the NFL.

I will quit TSM if the Ravens win. Its not going to happen. The Ravens are trotting out whats essentially a JV football squad today..no Todd Heap, Ray Lewis, Chris McCallister or Samari Rolle (out next week as well), meaning such great NFL talent as Quinn Sypniewski, Nick Griesen, Corey Ivy and Willie Gaston will get starts in their places. Troy Smith is also starting (which is actually good long term but bad for today) and as far as I can tell, he's the only QB available though a concussed Boller could probably play in an emergency.

Isn't Ed Reed an emergency backup QB? They were referring to him on PTI the other day but I'm not sure whether they were serious or not.

If Ed Reed played some QB and ruled it would only serve to make him even more The Man.

It's hilarious that the Patriots/Dolphins game is on at 4:15, as though somehow that's an epic game people want to see. There's a 90% chance that game is over by halftime.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Parcells should show up and tell the coaching staff that if they don't win today against the Patriots, they're all fired. However, he'll be waiting until all the halfway decent college and pro openings for coordinators and position coaches have been filled, so none of them will be able to get a job that doesn't suck worse than the one they just had for the Miami freakin' Dolphins.

And then tell the players that anybody who plays like crap today against the Patriots will not be released under any circumstances, so they will have to put up with the hellstorm that will inevitably be training camp, preseason, and practices under a Parcells-picked coach. Then they will be released when rosters have to be trimmed down for the season, but not before Parcells' coach ruins them and leaves them an injured and demoralized shell of their former selves.

You want out, pretty boy (I'm looking at you, Jason Taylor)? Then I suggest you get your gimpy foot together and sack Tom Brady like 15 billion times today, or your ass is grass.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Also, what idiot decided to put this Urban Entertainment Institute crap on the FOX pregame show? This sounds of crap. Get it off of my screen. If we are going to have live Christmas music in the studio, can we have actual Christmas music instead of R&B grooves with some woman saying "Chrimmis, Ima has a speshul Chrimmis" over and over? Please?