TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

Predictions for 2008

much like the WWE prediction for 2008 thread, here are a few I see occuring:

TNA will lose quite a few guys, LAX, Dutt, VKM, Harris, Storm as not surprising ones, and TNA will lose valueable guys in Samoa Joe, and in what would be the most surprising loss I see Kurt Angle leaving TNA to attempt an MMA career

TNA will go through MANY MANY bookng changes within the first 6 months

Jeff Jarrett returns then a couple months later he suddenly announces his retirement

thats really all I can think of right now

much like the WWE prediction for 2008 thread, here are a few I see occuring:

TNA will lose quite a few guys, LAX, Dutt, VKM, Harris, Storm as not surprising ones, and TNA will lose valueable guys in Samoa Joe, and in what would be the most surprising loss I see Kurt Angle leaving TNA to attempt an MMA career

TNA will go through MANY MANY bookng changes within the first 6 months

Jeff Jarrett returns then a couple months later he suddenly announces his retirement

thats really all I can think of right now

I see none of that occurring, with the possible exception of VKM leaving, which will probably happen as soon as they're contractually able to.

I think TNA in 2008 will be the TNA of 2007, with a hardworking crew of wrestlers and an incompetent creative team. The ratings will stay the same, with minor fluctuations up and down that people will get far too exited over, and PPV buys will slide a little, as the nonsensical booking will detract from the quality of the matches. They'll hire every WWE castoff with any kind of name value, and no matter who they get, they'll be just another midcard geek in less than a month. I'll be stunned if, in 12 months time, TNA have made any progress whatsoever, in either direction.

I will make one prediction because as HTQ stated, nothing else will change. Jim Cornette will be out of the company before the year ends by his own frustrations with the head slaming stupidity or he'll be driven out. He'll do more shoots and fanboys here will be all excited.

I predict, if he signs on this year, that Sting will probably retire after the next BFG after having another year full of decent matches.

I predict that Daniels will get another failed push not due to his own faults, but due to the logic behind the booking, or the lack of.

Samoa Joe may finally get the gold, but the impact might not be the same as if it had happened earlier in his run.

I think TNA will announce their next big move is to Monday to compete with Raw, this is just going off the fact that their ego is huge.

Kurt Angle realizes how goofy he looks in promo pictures when he growls with his mouthpiece in, and hopefully stops doing it.

While we are at it, how about Dutch Mantell

VKM, Team 3d, Homicide and Dustin Rhodes will all leave TNA or be fired. 3d will go back to WWE by the end of the summer and so will Billy Gunn. Homicide will go back to ROH and Dustin will be arrested for Drugs.

Jeff Jarrett does not come back.

Booker T will turn heel and become champion before Samoa Joe.

Kurt Angle will have a fight in IFL and lose 30 seconds in the first round.

Karen Angle will pose for playboy. Jingus will smile.

Other than that everything will be the same.

Karen Angle will pose for playboy. Jingus will smile.

Huh? She's hot in a Spoiled Trophy Wife sorta way, but why's that supposed to appeal to me specifically?

I PREDICT that Bryan Alvarez will do 52 more podcasts about how much TNA sucks.

- an ex-WWE wrestler will be signed... then another... then another...

- more homegrown talent will depart...

- more cheaps shots at WWE that make the company come off as whiny and inferior...

- incessant yelling from the announcer's booth...

- many shitty, nonsensical title changes...

- many shitty, nonsensical gimmick matches

- lots of Kurt Angle...

- lots of Karen Angle...

- average iMPACT rating: 1.1...

- one of their talents will lose their heat to a professional baseball player...

-Team 3D and VKM are guranteed to leave. Probably for the better.

-WO, F4W and everyother newsletter will make "funny" comments about how much TNA sucks.

-HTQ will post every negative comment about TNA

So, it should be quite an uneventful year.

-WO, F4W and everyother newsletter will make "funny" comments about how much TNA sucks.

You've got to laugh when people get overly defensive.

The only way I think the creative situation would change is if Angle and some of the other main eventers tried to stage a coup again. However, even then Angle is still a big fan of Russo, so he's probably here to stay.

My predictions (and keep in mind I'm more of a "casual viewer" of TNA):

- Kevin Nash will be gone again within the first six months of 2008.

- The VKM leave the company as soon as they can.

- The MCMGs break up and feud with each other.

- Karen Angle wins the Women's Title at some point.

- Booker T will win the Heavyweight Title.

- Sting will not be back in 2008.

- Team 3D will continue to meander, squashing various low card acts, and tease breaking up, but never actually do.

- TNA realizes they don't need a dozen different "monster" gimmicks, and Rellik and Judas Messias both leave, have gimmick changes, or get fired.

- Jim Cornette and Vince Russo finally have some big backstage argument. Cornette leaves the company.

- Jeff Jarrett officially goes into semi-retirement.

- Sabu is brought in once again, and is part of the Black Reign/Abyss storyline in some fashion.

- Christian Cage forms another heel group.

- AJ Styles finally gets another big solo push, while Tomko is paired up with another partner.

You've got to laugh when people get overly defensive.

I'm not being overly defensive. You do post everything negative about TNA and ignore postive things (albeit they are to and far between) and thats fine. You don't like TNA and hate Russo, thats your progative. Me? I can't stand TNA at the moment because it's going no where, it's hit a wall and can't recover from it. But I don't post everything bad about the company and chortle at the news even if it isn't that funny/bad.

And I'm not a big fan of newsletters smarky comments about any fed really. I just think some of them are unjust and really unfunny. Unless they are making refrence to a comedic angle from years past, much like we do on here.

I'm not being defensive, just stating my case against yours.

Guest King-Piccolo

pretty much my prediction is the only things which will change is the Roster a lot might leave apart from the obvious few, Sting will undeservingly sign a 1 year contract entitled him to an extra 100 grand, .

But what'll still be there is TNA's Bad Bookings aquinted (SP?) by bad buyrates, Angle will probably hold another 2 World Titles or more, and TNA still will not allow people to be able to have a good suspense in their bookings.

Gail Kim and Awesome Kong will continue to be the best segments of TV and ppv until a big blowoff at Lockdown.

That's about all I can see.

At least the crazy booking on the show has allowed for the very simple good vs. bad Kim/Kong storyline to stand out.

You do post everything negative about TNA and ignore postive things (albeit they are to and far between) and thats fine.

Actually, I don't ignore the positive things. I've always praised the generally strong in-ring efforts, and whenever the booking mistakes get really crazy, I make a point to bring up the ring work as something positive that unfortunately has to try and overcome that booking.

You don't like TNA and hate Russo, thats your progative.

I don't dislike TNA as much as I find it frustrating. I want to like TNA as a whole, and while there are some things to like about TNA, the promotion as a whole is just maddeningly frustrating. As for hating Russo, wrong again. It's not worth hating anyone so utterly clueless and inept.

But I don't post everything bad about the company and chortle at the news even if it isn't that funny/bad.

I just post the news as it comes out. Don't blame me if it's either news that's bad or news that makes you shake your head at the people running the company.

And I'm not a big fan of newsletters smarky comments about any fed really. I just think some of them are unjust and really unfunny.

I understand it's an easy out, but don't shoot the messenger. I think everyone wants TNA to succeed, but when they continuously make one blunder after the other, especially when so many in TNA were part of WCW when that company was making those same mistakes, it's hard for all but the die-hard of die-hard TNA fans not to throw their hands up in the air.

Gail Kim and Awesome Kong will continue to be the best segments of TV and ppv until a big blowoff at Lockdown.

A few segments aside, I agree. The Awesome Kong-Gail Kim storyline has managed to stand out and be something that people can really get into.

Ah, well I'm glad thats cleared up. I seems I've miss-interpreted everything you've said on this boards for the past 2 years :P

A First Blood Last Man Standing Match

A Falls Count Anywhere Submission Only Match

Getting Serious

Tomko has a big match with Christian

Angle is still shoved down our throats

AJ still plays the bitch

AMW, LAX, VKM, Team 3d, MCMG Leave

Samoa Joe doesnt become champ

Booker T becomes champ and shoots on WWE.. and fails

edgehead69 tries to be funny. And fails.

nonsense fellow pedestrian! They shall also have a Rage in the Cage Match which is Identical in every way to hell in a cell... Also a 2 out of 3 falls Ladder match too..

its not intended to be funny, but more of a wakeup call that TNA will actually make these matches...

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Here's my predictions:

I'll try to watch TNA iMPACT again in 2008.

I'll wonder why there's so many high spots and why the announcers are literally screaming the entire show.

Then, a couple hours later, I'll realize that the show is over and have no idea what just happened because it went by far too fast and didn't make any sense in the first place.

Then I'll watch next week's show, and it'll have nothing to do with the show I'd watched the week before.

Oh, and some guys who got fired from WWE for being washed up or on steroids will get hired to be TNA's new main event stars.

And one last thing: people will keep getting DDTed and otherwise slammed on thumbtacks, and I will turn off the show because that's not wrestling. That's what these people do:

wiley1.jpg

I have an idea. How about the workers sell actual wrestling moves* so we no longer need to powerslam people into tacks and broken glass in order to make people believe something hurt?

(* I say moves because we're only talking about hurricanranas and stuff anymore. Today's worker doesn't know any holds. Workrate!)

Ratings will remain in the 1.0-1.1 range.

Angle will be the focal point of the promotion.

Russo will still be booking.

Rumors spread that TNA will shut down. But it won't.

TNA will continue not to release their buyrate results.

TNA will hire more former WWE employees.

TNA will bring back Scott Hall.

Motor City Machine Guns will win the tag titles.

Joe will win the title at Bound for Glory...the X Title.

Rumors spread that TNA will shut down. But it won't.

to tell ya the truth unless TNA turns some sort of huge profit this year I can actually see this being TNA's last full year of operation because Panda Energy may decide "WE ARE NOT MAKING MUCH MONEY ON THIS INVESTMENT ITS TIME TO PULL OUT" and on top of that losing alot of talent left and right

hopefully I am wrong about that prediction but I do think TNA needs a wake up call to show them something is wrong with the direction of the promotion, they had a great direction for the last 3 months but its slowly falling back to Hard Justice levels, TNA's biggest issue is picking one direction of booking and sticking with it long term, but 2008 is sink or swim for TNA IMHO

Lance Storm will stop watching TNA every other month, while releasing a blog post regarding the state of TNA every month in between his alleged boycott. Strangely, TNA hire Lance Storm and he starts to post 'positive' comments about TNA.

Jearen marries Dixie Carter and Kurt Angle in some strange Three Way event. He proclaims himself Jearen Goth Slayer, a new show on SpikeTV starts.

Vince Russo appears as an on screen character and rehashes the NWO storyline AGAIN. He scratches away the TNA signs to reveal old WCW logo's hidden underneath.

Sting makes a few appearances to save the promotion from a heel that has all the titles.

Wrestler Observer, and fellow 'newsletters', keep on releasing reports of backstage unrest, though nothing ever seems to come to fruit - apart from Low Ki who quit, yet is still jobbing out into mid July.

TNA will have a few good back to back months of something entertaining and promising, fans get their hopes up that they've turned a new leaf. They fuck it up royaly - either by putting the titles on Jarrett, or suddenly heel turning the top babyface without any reason too (more then likely Christian Cage).

They'll be so much shades of grey that people will start to believe the show is shown in black and white.