TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Desktop sound card...

Here is a pic of my sound card from the back of the computer.....

Picture104.jpg

You can see what ports I am currently using for the computer speakers, so I have a set of three, which I believe is a digital version of the one I am currently using(which is analog) and some other type of port on there(the "gold" plated one)

My options remaining on my receiver are either the standard Y/R/W hookup or a Digital Coaxial port..........Is there an adapter out there to make this connection/conversion possible? Or is there a different sound card I would need to get that actually has a digital coaxial output?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, you would need a different sound card that has a digital coax output.

The other port you have on there that's gold plated looks like a firewire port, although I can't imagine why that'd be on a sound card.

Yeah, you would need a different sound card that has a digital coax output.

The other port you have on there that's gold plated looks like a firewire port, although I can't imagine why that'd be on a sound card.

Well a lot of electronics equipment is becoming more computer friendly, sticking all sorts of ports on them just in case....

So there isn't a conversion adapter available? Oh well...

What's the sound card and receiver? I'm going to assume it's a Sound Blaster.

This is what I did with my SB and Yamaha receiver.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/bo...essage.id=12170

This should help.

Ok so if I am understanding the post on that forum right, the gold-plated port on the back of my soundcard is the equivalent of a digital co-axial port on my Sony Receiver. So is there a cable/adapter available....the post seems to suggest there is.....is that what YOU do? Can you provide me a link to such a cable?

Just to give an update if anyone cares......I just figured out that because the PS3 supports DLNA servers, and since my PS3 is connected to the optical surround sound port in my receiver.....I should be able to open my music files from my computer on my PS3 and play them......so I am happy.....I will verify all this when I go home from work today!!!