The last week of the NFL season.

Who is the MVP of the league?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Tom Brady
    • Sean Taylor

Bill Belichick is a special coach.

I agree.

Except I think you and I are thinking of different definitions of special.

Ask anybody who followed the Browns for five seasons with Belichick as coach if Belichick is a special coach.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
The disrespect here is getting out of control.

You're right. Between agreeing that two teams in the NBA are better than the Celtics, and now this, something is rotten at TSMass!

Guest Warriorfan

I knew the Patriots would make a comeback but I thought we had the game before the Manning interception. When Moss dropped the ball I thought it was destiny for the Giants to win and of course we know what happened on the next play.

I don't know if the Colts or the Chargers have the defense to follow the blueprint the Ravens, Eagles and Giants set out to derail the Patriots.

So much discord here. We just saw history x4!

If I'm smug, I don't care; I'm sick of all the fucking bitching and moaning on this board, so you can all fuck off.

Now, tell us that we're all jealous of the success that the long overdue and suffering city of Boston has been lucky to experience over the last decade.

The biggest asshole sports fans in the biggest asshole part of the country are a truly blessed lot tonight.

Oy, why do the Patriots have to be from the Northeast dammit.

So did the Giants just give up at the end of the game or what? They were playing like they thought the NFL had college football clock rules.

Because local businessmen kept the team from moving to St. Louis after they initially failed in Boston because they didn't support their team?

I won't even touch the Booyah Network untl I get an all-clear signal from someone I trust, by the way.

Because local businessmen kept the team from moving to St. Louis after they initially failed in Boston because they didn't support their team?

I mean in the sense of I'm a fan of the team (not the new attitude bullshit though, that's annoying me cause it's stupid) but I hate every other Boston area team because the fans drive me up the fucking wall. Eagle fans though make me want to commit mass murder.

I mean in the sense of I'm a fan of the team

Sure, who the fuck isn't at this place?

Oh, and minor whoosh on my post. Maybe just a whissh.

I don't know, I've been thinking of avoiding this cause even I'm sick and tired of hearing about them. I kinda missed when they sucked.

I won't even touch the Booyah Network until I get an all-clear signal from someone I trust, by the way.

Best to just leave that one open-ended

Who the hell said that we DESERVE to win championships? I am just enjoying being a Huge Sports fan and seeing 3 of my favorite teams win.

The Sox winning 2 titles, the Pats winning 3 and now a record breaking season, the Celtics return to at least a championship caliber team...I'm lucky to get to see and follow this. Just like the Pats and Sox have gotten very lucky along with being great over the last few years.

Steve Grogan wasn't special. Didn't have that cool pocket presence. Didn't display a boyish grin when down 6 with 1:30 to go in the 4th quarter. That certain intangible...

How do expect a great city to root for a guy like that?

If nothing else good came of this game, at least the Giants were softened up a bit for their game in Tampa next week. Still, it's a bitter pill to swallow.

Steve Grogan wasn't special. Didn't have that cool pocket presence. Didn't display a boyish grin when down 6 with 1:30 to go in the 4th quarter. That certain intangible...

How do expect a great city to root for a guy like that?

It's no secret that at least 3/4 of the current Patriots fanbase appeared at the same time Bledsoe and Parcells did.

I won't even touch the Booyah Network untl I get an all-clear signal from someone I trust, by the way.

It'll be at an all-time high if Green Bay or Dallas represent the NFC.

I'm certainly not a Patriots fan and frankly I think going 16-0 is insane. They have dodged about 4 different bullets (Colts, Eagles, Ravens, and tonight). It reminds me of UK basketball in 2003, of all things. UK had a crazy 20+ game win streak, went 16-0 in the SEC, won the SEC tourney, and then lost to Marquette in the Elite 8. I've always thought they could have used 1 loss in there near the end of the season to jolt them back into reality and regain focus.

I still think the Colts can beat them, provided the Colts don't pull their usual "lose a home playoff game after having the bye" crap.

There's still hope for the Cowboys' backups to beat the Sean Taylor Memorial Playoff Experience tomorrow.

Right?

Fuck.

Edited for personal situation

Tom Brady is special. Randy Moss is special. Mike Vrabel is special. Tedy Bruschi, the way he's still out there even after that stroke thing...you better believe that guy is special. Kevin Faulk is special. He's a special, special player. Adalius Thomas is special. This is just a special, special team. Bill Belichick is a special coach. He really is. Bob Kraft is the special owner of a special organization. They rewrote the rule books. Tonight was special.

I really wish you would have said "football" in nearly every sentence. Would've been Perfect!

It's hard to tell if Manning actually intends to move around in second half passing situations like Macauley Culkin running from the bees in that one big sad movie with Dan Aykroyd, or if his enfeebled actions are the result of an experimental neuro-toxin that the Patriots have pumped into opposing locker rooms at halftime for years. Donovan McNabb's six minute Super Bowl drive/vomit is certainly evidence in favor of the latter; the NFL career (and, perhaps, the very existence) of Eli Manning, however, strongly indicates that the former is, sadly, a very real possibility. Fucking sucks all around, if you ask me.