TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

Re-Reading old posts you've made on this here forum.

I feel slightly embarressed by things i've said on this forum over the last 5 years, looking back.

Back in 2002/2003, I came across as a kid, quite obviously, with the things I said or the way I said them.

Also my spelling was not so clever.

Does anybody else cringe when reading their own older posts?

Absolutely not. If anything, I lament that I'm not as funny as I used to be... I'm probably too hard on myself, though.

You, Franchise, should definitely be embarrassed, though.

I was slightly embarrassed. A while back there was a "post your first post" thread and I found a couple that left me wondering if it actually was me that was posting on my account.

Looking back, I used to suck. Now I suck less.

Guest BenJarvis GreenEllis

It's difficult to find all of my posts due to moderators engulfed in daft jejunity, but it's safe to assume that I've been awesome ever since I grew into a B-cup.

Some of my posts during the 2004 election were a bit colorful. I still hold the same beliefs, but i could have toned down the rhetoric and a lot of stuff came across more radical then intended.

While I did dive in fairly well, my first few months were those of feeling out the board, understanding the natives and learning what I could get away with, so like most I've got some awkward posts from my early days

Once you get "established" though, it's like college tenure: free license to say all the dumb shit you want

My worst example of this is on the yellow version of the Smarkboard (look on the internet archives).

I made a post in Current Events entitled, "Getting High. Telling Stories."

And the thread turned out to be over three pages long.

I don't know which is more telling.

People always seem to like to make reference to my Al Sharpton-esque rant I made a few years ago, but I still feel I made a lot of good point, even if I was a little off the mark with a few things, and a bit misguided about some others.

My old posts are inconsistent. Some of them seem like something I could've said today. Some of them are so lame I'm embarassed to have given birth to the little bastards. And a few seem like they were written by someone smarter than me, noticing and explaining stuff that I wouldn't get now. It's weird. Too bad the archive only goes back to the last time you changed your name.

I can't search my old posts, because my name is shorter then the three characters required for the search function.

Yeah you can. Click on your user name. You should get a little drop-down menu. Click on "Find Member's Posts". There ya go. It only goes back to August 2003, for whatever reason.

Wasn't August of 2003 when the server crashed and everybody showed up as "banned" or "guest" whether they were banned or not?

I always find it funny to see what I was arguing at the time, seeing as 9 times out of 10, I don't actually agree with what I am arguing, I just hate to see everyone agreeing.

Wasn't August of 2003 when the server crashed and everybody showed up as "banned" or "guest" whether they were banned or not?

I believe so.

I've been posting less since last year, so I haven't been into many long discussions like I used to.

This is about the 3rd or 4th time we've crossed this bridge, but my first posts were attempts at bad comedy with people not familiar with me at all. Somehow it actually worked too (it was comparing Doug Basham - with his curly hair - to Larry Appleton from Perfect Strangers).

As I'm sure you're all aware, I used to be a "internet wrestling writer". People told me they liked it (and even Vitamin X says he was a big fan) but I'm not a big fan of my work. Even now, I write a weekly blog / rant on Facebook about things locally that bother me - I would post it here in my blog but really, does anyone here care if I think the traffic light on Monmouth and Ottawa is unneeded and a waste of time? - and while my friends think it's well written, I'm sure in a year I'll read it back and wonder what on Earth I was thinking when I wrote them. I'm too critical of my own writing.

When I have some time I'll probably have to find some bad old posts of mine.

I said the same thing in the thread we had like this a few months ago, but my posts have been pretty much horrible from day one and I manage to get 1 or 2 good posts here and there.

My first 500 or so posts were retarded. I don't re-read them out of embarassment.

I just used this as a place to make awful jokes, then. And make fun of people. That's really not me.

Guest dannymaffwasmurdered

I was a major drama queen, sometimes it was fun but it's still embarrassing. I probably still get a little too worked up sometimes but I think I've calmed down a whole lot in the last two years. I also post far far less.

I started off pretty poorly, but not terrible. Then I became mega established based on my work in NHB and my wrestling server thing. Then I hated everything and most people misunderstood that. Speaking of established posters, how many posters have lost their status as untouchable here without going through a mega freak out or a banme burnout?

When looking at my old posts, I avoid pretty much anything I've ever posted in LSD. Only stuff I really find embarrassing. Everything else I'm fine with.

The worst thing ever was during the WM XX thread when I asked for pics of the divas match. I still can't believe I did that. The legendary frank_nabbit said it was the saddest post in the whole thread and he was right. Thankfully that thread was deleted because it was too big and taking up too much bandwidth but I'm still so ashamed of it four years later that it's embarrassing to bring up even now.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
9 times out of 10, I don't actually agree with what I am arguing

Suddenly it's all so clear.