TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Semi-Pro

So, what sport hasn't Ferrell included in a movie yet?

MMA.

Biathlon. Shit, it's cross-country skiing with a gun, how is that NOT being made with Will Ferrell in the lead? They can call it Bi-Athlete, and it completes the Ferrell Triangle of Comedy Movie Making. (Which, of course is: Whacky Sport, Homoeroticism, Punny Title)

This looks just like Anchorman... in short shorts and more cussing. Pass... and I love me some Will.

I haven't outright hated or even disliked any of Ferrell's comedies (Though I haven't even seen Kicking And Screaming) but it seems to me that each comedy he's made since Anchorman was slightly worse than the previous.

I enjoyed Talledega Nights and Blades of Glory, so hopefully the streak of enjoyable movies from Mr. Farrell continues. I mean it has Woody Harelson as well, so not all the comedic pressure is on him.

Guest Vitamin X

I absolutely hated Talladega Nights and never saw Blades of Glory since I'm not a huge Jon Heder fan. Nothing compares in shittiness to Kicking and Screaming, however.

In fact, the only two films of his I've really enjoyed are Anchorman and Old School.

^ Blasphemer!

Anchorman gets better every time I watch it. I despise Ferrell but for some reason my hatred for him doesn't affect this movie at all.

I've been a fan of his since his SNL stuff. Looks like it could be a funny flick, and hopefully the R-rating means more quality jokes that can't be given away in trailers and TV spots.

I've been a fan of his since his SNL stuff. Looks like it could be a funny flick, and hopefully the R-rating means more quality jokes that can't be given away in trailers and TV spots.

Oh, it most definitely earns the R rating. Especially when he

tells the priest ref to suck his cock and then tells him he's gonna murder his family.

I am thinking of catching the midnight showing tonight. I was surprised to see an R rating on a Ferrell flick, but I haven't watched too many of the trailers or hype pieces (ie Reel Comedy) because I don't want to know all the jokes before I go it. The special like that show too many of the jokes (like the Walk Hard one), so I don't watch them til I see the movie now.

I wish Will Ferrell would stop making sports comemdies. To be fair though, I did see Blades of Glory as a rental and I thought it was funny.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

This was the worst fucking stinkbomb I've ever walked out of. Total piece of shit with the lamest sophomoric humor and ill-timed jokes. Tripe of the worst order. Anyone who likes it is a dumbass. If I'd paid to watch it, I would've burned the place down.

This was the worst fucking stinkbomb I've ever walked out of. Total piece of shit with the lamest sophomoric humor and ill-timed jokes. Tripe of the worst order. Anyone who likes it is a dumbass. If I'd paid to watch it, I would've burned the place down.

Do you even like Ferrell's other movies?