Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

NWA's Own Folder

49 members have voted

1. 1. NWA's Own Folder

• yes
    • no

Guest converge241

I think it should have its own seperate from the indies, as succeed or fail, well probably be talking about it a lot.

(personally im a fan and supporter)

Guest RetroRob215

I think they should down the road. We shouldn't make one now for the same reason we didn't make a WWA folder when they started. After a few months of survival, one should be created. Otherwise we may end up jinxing them. ^_^

Guest Invader3k

There's no point in a separate NWA folder at the moment, as there's just not that many people talking about it yet. Maybe in a few months when the NWA: TNA promotion has proved itself...but until then it can stick to the Indy folder.

Guest J*ingus

Let's see if the InDemand executives flee in horror from the buyrate reports before we devote a whole folder to this thing.

Guest goodhelmet

ok, i already addressed this topic but i'll do it again. the nwa:tnt is a glorified Indy. it has no tv deal, it has no superstar talent and does not deserve its own folder.

i want it to succeed also but not with 5 minute matches, scott hall and buff bagwell promos, and Jarrett taking up an hour of screentime every week.

when the promotion shows some sort of stability or popularity then i'm sure a folder will be created. in the meantime, it's just another indy that happens to have a ppv deal.

Guest goodhelmet

um...why?

so we can just ask a mod to delete it in a month when their ppv plan gets cancelled due to a lack of buyrates?

Guest converge241

well can you offer a reasonable explanation as to your pessimism? I mean you dont want it and you voted no, so youve been heard.

maybe its wanted because there are people who like it.

maybe people are desperate for alternatives.

As it is the poll is there for the mods to decide.

we'll still keep discussing it in the glorified section of this folder for the time being

Guest dreamer420
um...why?

so we can just ask a mod to delete it in a month when their ppv plan gets cancelled due to a lack of buyrates?

if they happen to go under then the folder can be deleted. it's not like it's permanent or anything.

Guest Sandman9000

No, not for now. I agree with the idea that they have to prove themselves first. Ask again in six months, if they are still around, AND they appear to be fairly successful as well, then giving NWA-TNA its own folder should be considered.

Guest The Son of Sting

Wait and see if they are around in a few months and then i would

Guest Human Fly

There's only 6 threads in the independent forum that are NWA-TNA related right now (unless I missed one). This is after their first show, when interest would probably be at a peak. No point in adding another folder when all of the threads are easily contained here with plenty of other room for all the other indys.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It should.

And here's why:

It may be a glorifed indy...but it is one that pretty much everyone has the ability to see...and therefore discuss.

I see no difference between the NWA now and ECW (which had its own folder until it went out of business).

They are on ppv every week...and that is their tv show.

On top of that...I like it.

That being said...I am capable of making such a folder...but since the poll is so split...I won't.

Guest TheDames7

It really shouldn't, and this is why.

It's only been running for 2 shows so far, and while they have got good reviews, we don't know what the buyrate is yet and it could be out of business in a month. The difference between NWA & ECW, besides the fact that ECW was on FREE TV, is that when ECW went national, they already had a strong fanbase, while NWA is just a start up. As much as I like NWA, I think the idea of weekly PPV's won't do well unless they can get a TV slot somewhere. At the rate their going, the X division may be their ticket to doing so, but until then, I don't think they deserve their own folder.

Dames

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I've never been in the indy folder before.

now I come in here everyday.

Why? Because I like NWA TNA...not indy wrestling I can't EVER see.

if it goes out of business...you delete the folder.

WCW went out of business...guess what they did to the folder?

I wonder how many people, like me, have just skipped past the indy forum...because they can't watch indy wrestling.

If they had their own folder under the WWE one, I wonder how many people would check it out that never come in here. Those people now being exposed to the company may pony up the ten bucks and give it a shot.

Then they too can join the discussion.

And so on.

WWA was on TWO TIMES EVER. Of course they weren't going to need a folder.

NWATNA has a show on every week...and until it goes away I don't think the isue is whether it deserves a folder (Because how many other US promotions can you see every week? one. And it has its own folder) since that folder can simply be deleted if it went away...but rather what criteria is needed for a promotion to have a folder?

ECW had lost their TNN show...had a ppv on every other month and their syndicated show was down to a handful of markets...and it had a folder.

thats 7 less shows over 2 months than you can see of NWATNA.

Doesn't the fact that it is on ppv regularly (is it the fact that their tv show is ppv that bothers everyone?...by doing that they have access to a much larger market than they would on syndication hoping to be picked up...another reason they are bigger than indy) take it out of the indy group anyway?

Guest Cataclysm911
it has no superstar talent

Steve Corino = Talent.

SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Guest razazteca

Cataclysm911 was that necessary? Brotha that took alot of space.

why can't you just rename this forum NWA & local indys?

Guest converge241

"so we can just ask a mod to delete it in a month when their ppv plan gets cancelled due to a lack of buyrates? "

hey its almost been a month..

im firing up the grill and your words are being marinated as we speak....all in preperation for you eating them :)

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Meltzer said he got more feedback after last nights show than he could have possibly expected.

Their ppv buys were higher than they expected.

Almost every thread in this folder is about the same company.

Guest Dangerous A

Yes, they deserve their own folder until they go out of business. (which I unfortunately predict will happen)

Guest RetroRob215

I change my initial vote to YES they should have their own folder. There are like 5 threads a week devoted to them with a lot of posts in each.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I maintain that the sole reason they should have their own folder is to generate even more interest among the board members.

More interest means more buys. More buys means more exposure.

Grow the folder while they grow the business.

Half of the fun is watching them make mistakes...learn from them and grow.

the other half is the X division.

I think its safe to say that a few people checked out the last show because of the discussion on this board.

And that those people enjoyed what they saw.

It IS the only wrestling alternative in the US that you can see on tv every week.

Guest areacode212

I wouldn't mind having an NWA folder. As others have said, if it folds, we could delete the folder, and just have all of the posts there get folded into this one.

I say we let the poll run for a bit, then see what happens from there.

Guest Dangerous A

I want NWA-TNA to succeed. My sig says my thoughts on no competition in North American wrestling. My problem lies with the approach of NWATNA and how they are not doing this weekly ppv thing as temporary thing. If they are trying to score a tv deal, then I'd think they have a good chance. But with no tv to expose these guys, I think in the end, they will run out of money and will be finished. But I DO want them to succeed because the landscape of wrestling overall will thrive. (in theory)

Guest Tony149

I wouldn't mind an NWA folder. Yeah, they've been around for only a month, but an NWA folder could spin-off old school NWA talk as well. Almost like the Kayfabe Memories board does.

I'll make a prediction on TNA's chances....if they're still around by the end of the year and there's no talk about them folding...they'll be around for a while and somebody will throw them a cable deal.

Guest Trivia247

Its only been 4 events so far lets wait till it either gets its own weekly show outside of PPV or more success to give it their own folder. Right now they are just in Novelity stage.