TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

Importing video into Premiere Pro CS3

I've recently been trying to import some video (an avi) into premiere pro and for whatever reason the file goes into premiere pro but it is only recognized as an audio file.

Now I've checked and double checked but I can't seem to see anything wrong with my settings, so is there anyone out there that would be able to give me a possible solution to my problem?

Thanks in advace

Guest Vitamin X

I think it might depend on how you captured the avi. I haven't had an issue with CS3 and .avis. Have you tried importing it into Movie Maker or something to see if it's the file?

Yes, I did actually. I had the same problem, in Movie Maker as well as Power Producer it just told me it couldn't recognize the file for whatever reason.

I thought it still might have been a problem where I was doing something wrong, but I guess not. I guess it's the files, cause I've had the problem with several different files.

Guest Vitamin X

Where are the .avis coming from, or if you captured them from a camera, how did you capture the clips? The answer may lie in one of those things..