TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008

As usual I'm here to start the thread and give a week by week breakdown of what we'll be seeing the month of January on WWE 24/7. 2007 had it's ups and downs with some good to great themes (Hardcore Month, International Month) and some weak themes (Whatever the February theme hosted by Ashley was called - some romantic deal - and the WrestleMania month is pretty weak for anyone who collects them all, which would include me, and I'm sure we'll get it again this year). Good theme, bad theme, there's always a steady flow of enjoyable TV Classics though, so here's to a good 2008 with WWE 24/7!

January Preview from WWE.com:

Kick off 2008 with WWE 24/7’s “Big Bangs and Dazzling Debuts” – a look at the premieres of groundbreaking shows and early matches featuring top Superstars that have helped shape sports-entertainment.

LEGENDS

WWE Hall of Fame – Chief Jay Strongbow was the most popular Native American Superstar in WWE history. We follow Strongbow’s career from his multiple Tag Team title reigns to his bitter rivalry with fellow Hall of Famer Greg “The Hammer” Valentine. Plus, other classic matches and Chief Jay’s 1994 Hall of Fame induction.

The Legends of Wrestling: The Territories – Mick Foley, Michael Hayes, Pat Patterson and Tazz join host Jim Ross for a no-holds-barred, round table discussion of wrestling’s old territory system. Panelists provide personal tales of the territory days, discuss the downfall of the system and debate what value territories could hold for today’s Superstars.

THE BIG ONES

Royal Rumble ’88 – Who will win the very first Royal Rumble Match? Twenty (20) top Superstars, including the Ultimate Warrior, Junkyard Dog, Bret Hart, Harley Race, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Jake “The Snake” Roberts battle in the inaugural over the top rope clash. Other highlights include Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat as he faces “Ravishing” Rick Rude and the historic Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant contract signing for their match at WrestleMania IV.

Bash at the Beach ’94 – The first edition of this summertime favorite features Hulk Hogan’s historic WCW in-ring debut. The Hulkster challenges “Nature Boy” Ric Flair for the WCW World Championship. Other matches include “Stunning” Steve Austin vs. Ricky Steamboat for the U.S. title and Arn Anderson and Dustin Rhodes vs. Terry Funk and Bunkhouse Buck.

TV CLASSICS

Raw Debut 1/11/93 – Celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Raw with the debut episode of the show that would shape the future of sports entertainment. Superstars in action that historic night include Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker and the Steiner Brothers.

“Black Saturday” (World Championship Wrestling 7/14/84) – Known as “Black Saturday” to millions of wrestling fans around the South, WWE programming replaces long-running World Championship Wrestling, and the stars of the NWA, on Ted Turner’s TBS. Relive the show’s debut as Vince McMahon introduces the Superstars of the WWE, including The Iron Sheik and Jesse “The Body” Ventura, to a whole new audience.

ECW Network Debut 8/27/99 – A look back at the momentous network television debut of ECW. Tazz and Joey Styles recap the event and tell the behind-the-scenes story of how things didn’t go exactly as planned. Highlights include Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn for the ECW TV title and Tazz vs. Rhyno for the ECW World Championship.

SHORTIES

In celebration of Raw’s 15th Anniversary, Santino Marella presents 15 WWE Superstars making their first big impression on WWE’s top show. Superstars featured include Batista, Triple H, The Rock, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Mankind and The Hardy Boys.

And the weekly schedule courtesy of Sunflower:

WEEK 1 - January 2nd - January 8th:

Free Section:

WWE 24/7 Monthly Preview

Royal Rumble '88 Preview

Ladder Match DVD Preview

Raw Debut Preview

Legends:

Hall of Fame: Chief Jay Strongbow (4 weeks)

Strongbow vs. Greg Valentine (2 weeks)

Strongbow / Andre 6 Man (2 weeks)

Strongbow vs. Ken Patera (2 weeks)

Big Ones:

WCW Bash at the Beach 1994 (2 parts - 2 weeks: Technically the 1st "Bash at the Beach" PPV, though it really just replaced "Beach Blast", features Hulk Hogan challenging Ric Flair for the WCW title, Ricky Steamboat going after the US title held by Stunning Steve Austin, and the ongoing feud between Vader and Guardian "Ray Traylor" Angel).

WWE at MSG - March 24, 1980 (2 weeks - Features the MSG debut of Kerry Von Erich, The Incredible Hulk Hogan vs. Tito Santana, and a battle between Larry Zbyszko and Bruno Sammartino. Also includes matches featuring "Bulldog Brower" and "Mike Masters").

TV Classics:

Monday Night War - May 12, 1997 (2 weeks - of note, Sunflower has this starting on the 1st and not the 2nd: Raw features the fallout from "Cold Day in Hell" abd begins the road to the 1997 King of the Ring when Ahmed Johnson takes on Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Jerry Lawler introduces the one ECW wrestler he respects to the WWE audience and Owen Hart and The British Bulldog defend their tag titles in a 4 team elimination bout. Nitro is once again 1 hour (I think) and features Ultimo Dragon vs. Juventud Guerrera).

World Championship Wrestling - August 14, 1984 aka "Black Saturday" (2 weeks: Features Vince McMahon introducing WTBS viewers to a new breed of professional wrestlers).

History of ECW - February 11, 1996 (2 weeks).

Prime Time Wrestling - January 1, 1985 (1 week - Debut episode hosted by Jack Reynolds and Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, featuring Tito Santana vs. Greg Valentine, Afa vs. Dick Murdoch, and Hulk Hogan vs. Big John Studd).

World Class Championship Wrestling - February 5, 1983.

Shorties (All Shorties last for 2 weeks and are hosted by Santino Marella):

Carlito's Raw Debut (June 20, 2005 - vs. Shelton Benjamin).

Hardy Boys' Raw Debut (Possibly February 17, 1997 vs. Headbangers).

Mankind's Raw Debut (April 1, 1996 - vs. Bob Holly).

Santino's Raw Debut (April 16, 2007 - vs. Umaga).

The Rock's Raw Debut (November 25, 1996 - vs. Sal Sincere).

HHH's Raw Debut (May 22, 1995 - vs. John Chrystal).

WEEK 2 - January 9th - January 15th:

Legends:

Ladder Match DVD - Disc 1 & 2 edited down to one disc (2 weeks / 2 parts).

TV Classics:

NWA Wrestling - February 15, 1986. (2 weeks)

TNT - May 28, 1984 (1 week - Debut episode).

WEEK 3 - January 16th - January 22nd:

Legneds:

"Chief Jay Tag Team Title" (2 weeks).

"Jay Strongbow 6 Man Tag" (2 weeks).

Strongbow vs. Toru Tanaka (2 weeks).

Big Ones:

Royal Rumble 1988 (2 weeks/2 parts - First ever Royal Rumble, originally aired on the USA Network. Features a fantastic 2/3 falls Women's Tag Title Match between The Jumping Bomb Angles - who Vince addresses as 'Pink Angel' and 'Red Angel' since he can't pronounce their names - and The Glamour Girls (Judy Martin and Lelani Kai) as well as constant hype for Andre vs. Hogan II and a 20 Man Royal Rumble.

WWE at MSG - January 21, 1985 (2 weeks - Features the MSG debuts of Bret Hart (vs. Rene Goulet) and Jim Neidhart (vs. Tony Garea) as well as Roddy Piper and Bob Orton vs. Jimmy Snuka and JYD in a Tornado Tag Match and Greg Valentine vs. Tito Santana.

TV Classics:

ECW on TNN - August 27, 1999 (2 weeks - Debut episode of ECW on TNN, features highlights of PPV bouts).

WWE Raw - January 11, 1993 (2 weeks - Debut episode of Raw from the Manhatten Center features Max Moon vs. Shawn Michaels, Koko B. Ware vs. Yokozuna, and Damien Demento vs. The Undertaker).

WCW Nitro - September 4, 1995 (2 weeks - Debut episode of Nitro from the Mall of America features Brian Pillman vs. Jushin Lyger, Sting vs. Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan vs. Big Bubba plus a shocking defection from the World Wrestling Federation!)

Prime Time Wrestling - August 24, 1987 (1 week - Includes Rick Martel making a new ally after a match with Barry Horowitz and what sounds like a fairly amusing segment involving Ted DiBiase on what was SUPPOSED to be his TV debut).

Monday Night Wars - May 19, 1997 (2 weeks - On Nitro, Ric Flair has his first match on Nitro in several months when he does battle with Syxx. Raw features another stop on the road to the King of the Ring when Triple H takes on Crush. Bob Holly also makes his first Raw appearance in month, taking on Owen Hart in a non-title bout).

Shorties:

Batista's Raw Debut (November 4, 2002 - vs. Justin Credible).

Eric Bischoff's Raw Debut (July 2002 - Assuming it's him hugging Vince and cutting a promo).

Bradshaw's Raw Debut (March 4, 1996 - vs. Hakushi - I believe this is also Hakushi's last match on TV, playing up on him being "branded" as leaving the company out of embarassment).

Chris Jericho's Raw Debut - One would assume this means the August 9, 1999 promo, but if it means his debut match, it's September 13, 1999 in a "steel cage shoot fight" against "Gotch Gracie" aka Mr. Hughes).

Faarooq's Raw Debut - If it's his non-match debut, it would be his July 22, 1996 attack on Ahmed Johnson (including Lawler channeling Roddy Piper and saying "Hey it's Ron Simmons!"), if it's a match, it's August 12, 1996 vs. Skip.

Goldberg's Raw Debut - Once again, I assume this is a debut segment (from March 31, 2007) and not a match, but if it is a match, it would be a handicap match against 3 Minute Warning and Rico.

Mickie James' Raw Debut - If it's not her showing up to save Trish from a beating, it's a 5 woman tag match from October 2005 - Trish, Mickie, and Ashley vs Victoria and Torrie.

Stone Cold's Raw Debut - January 15, 1996 (vs. Matt Hardy).

(Observant TSMers will note that's only FOURTEEN Shorties - Sunflower lists HHH's Debut twice for some reason).

WEEK 4 - January 23rd - January 29th:

Legends:

Ladder Match DVD - Edited combination of Discs 2 and 3 (2 weeks/2 parts).

Big Ones:

WWE Cyber Sunday (2 weeks, or zero weeks if you have Cogeco in Canada)

TV Classics:

NWA Wrestling - February 22, 1986. (2 weeks).

TNT - March 21, 1986. (1 week).

Well, from typing all of that, it looks like we have a LOT of content this month. Some good, some not good but historic, but a lot of possibly entertaining shows this month. I mentioned what sounds like a relatively mundane Holly/Owen match in a Raw preview because, despite being a big Owen fan, I actually marked out at the finish of that match and raved about how much Holly had improved on some local wrestling hotline I did (long story).

I don't have 24/7 but a new twist on their March month this year would be to show the old Road to WrestleMania shows they used to do. Or show big Raw angles that lead up to Manias. It would be better than just WrestleMania matches.

There should be a roundtable discussion about the territories this month as well. Also, we get to see Jerry Lawler bring RVD to Raw as "Mr. Monday Night". The Owen/Holly match is pretty good as Owen put Holly over since the show was in Mobile.

At the risk of explaining this for at least the 3rd time, Sunflower doesn't list Legends of Wrestling or PYBO's in their initial monthly updates so I have no idea when they will be airing, nor do I care since Cogeco doesn't even get them anymore. I'm looking forward to both of these MNWs, though despite everyone's take on how this is when WWE became much better than WCW, the fact HHH is in TWO KOTR qualifiers on two different weeks really underlines how thin their roster could be at this point in time (something also completely evident when watching the 1997 Royal Rumble and see it filled with people who already wrestled and unknown luchadores).

I just got Rumble 88 on DVD - if you put yourself in the mindset that it's a first ever televised attempt at the Rumble AND was a TV special designed to promote the February "Main Event" show where Andre beats Hogan for the belt AND you ignore the Dino Bravo segment, it's not a bad show. The women's tag title match is pretty damned good and I think the ending to Islanders vs. Stallions is pretty funny.

Well how about this - WWE.com already has highlights for February up, and I'm really happy with one of the "Big Ones".

FEBRUARY 2008: HEADLOCKS AND WEDLOCK

All February on WWE 24/7 On Demand, celebrate the brutal and the beautiful during “Headlocks and Wedlock” month.

LEGENDS

WWE Hall of Fame: Don Muraco – We chronicle the career of one of WWE’s most despised Superstars of the ‘80s. Follow the “Magnificent” one from his early days in NWA’s Florida territory to his historic Intercontinental title run in the WWE. Highlights include his 2004 Hall of Fame induction and all his classic battles against Jimmy Snuka, Pedro Morales, Bob Backlund, Hulk Hogan and others.

Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon – A detailed look at the life of one of sports entertainment’s most courageous and controversial Superstars. Relive Pillman’s early days in professional football, his days in Stampede Wrestling, his WCW success as Flyin’ Brian and his “Hollywood Blondes” partnership with Stone Cold Steve Austin and later days as a member of the Four Horsemen and the “Loose Cannon”. Plus, other classic footage and revealing interviews.

THE BIG ONES

Clash of the Champions: 20th Anniversary – The very first Clash of the Champions is presented in honor of the 20th Anniversary of the historic debut event. See all the great action which includes Sting challenging “Nature Boy” Ric Flair in a legendary battle for the NWA World Championship. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard defend the NWA Tag Team title against Barry Windham and Lex Luger. The Road Warriors and Dusty Rhodes face the Powers of Pain and Ivan Koloff in a Barbed Wire Match. Plus, see interviews with various participants including Jim Ross, Dusty Rhodes and Mike Rotunda.

WWE St. Valentine’s Day Massacre – There’s no love lost between WWE Superstars at this Valentine’s Day slugfest. Stone Cold Steve Austin battles the boss, Mr. McMahon, in a brutal Steel Cage showdown. The Rock and Mankind face off in a Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship. Kane and Chyna face Triple H and X-Pac and much more.

TV CLASSICS

The Monday Night War – The battle between WWE and WCW rages on throughout the Summer of 1997. RAW highlights include Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels teaming up to challenge Hart Foundation members Owen Hart and the British Bulldog for the WWE Tag Team Championship. The Undertaker takes on Sycho Sid. On WCW Nitro, Hulk Hogan and the nWo target Sting and The “Nature Boy” Ric Flair battles Scott Hall.

The History of ECW – Hosts Tazz and Joey Styles continue to chronicle the Evolution of Extreme. “Hardcore TV” highlights action from February ’96 which includes Brian Pillman’s memorable ECW debut and a long-anticipated showdown between Shane Douglas and Cactus Jack.

World Class Championship Wrestling – Michael Hayes and “Gorgeous” Jimmy Garvin present classic WCCW action from February ’83. The Fabulous Freebirds and the Von Erichs face-off for the very first time in Six Man Tag Team action. Plus, matches with “Iceman” King Parsons, King Kong Bundy, and others.

SHORTIES

Celebrate “Headlocks and Wedlock” on WWE 24/7 with many of sports entertainment’s most memorable nuptials. Classic wedding ceremonies include the marriages of “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Elizabeth, Uncle Elmer, Billy and Chuck and Edge and Lita. Plus, relive Stephanie McMahon’s trips down the aisle with lucky grooms like The Undertaker and Test.

The 2003 Raw won the PYBO. The choices for February are Rumbles 90, 97, or 2002. If you don't own any of them, I highly suggest 1990. I thought maybe there would be some Randy Orton themed Shorties, but I guess not.

I'll take any of those Rumbles, but preferrably Rumble '02. And St. Valentine's Day Massacre, along with Clash I, hell yeah, son!

Shorties section blows, though.

I own '02 on VHS and 1997 was terrible, so 1990 is obviously preferable. Clash I and the St. Valentine's Day show are great choices. Don Muraco as the HOFer is awesome, he was a great worker in his day. Weddings as shorties though? Awful.

I'll take just about anything in Shorties after December's "Here's 22 things you own on DVD and 3 you don't". That's more my fault I guess though - there are times where it's really obvious that anywhere from 25-50% of 24/7 is not for tape/DVD collectors (Mania month being one of them). Plus I haven't seen the Chuckabilly wedding in 5 years and I recall it being entertaining comedy.

I'll take just about anything in Shorties after December's "Here's 22 things you own on DVD and 3 you don't". That's more my fault I guess though - there are times where it's really obvious that anywhere from 25-50% of 24/7 is not for tape/DVD collectors (Mania month being one of them). Plus I haven't seen the Chuckabilly wedding in 5 years and I recall it being entertaining comedy.

The ONE match I hadn't seen I got on the WCCW dvd a week later.

Actually strike that. I hadn't seen Brock/Eddie before.

Guest CurtainJerker
Great timing i suppose with the new year starting tomorrow but i just moved to where i am able to get 24/7 and tomorrow will be the first day i have it so im stoked to finally be able to have it! This is also my first post on this board also by the way. I was probably the last person on earth not to have a DVD recorder but i got one for christmas so i will definitely be taping pretty much everything that goes up on 24/7! Looking forward to this month it looks awesome. Cant wait to watch the debuts of Raw, Nitro, ECW and the Black Saturday show. Im kind of surprised they also are not showing the debut episode of Smackdown as well.

Guest CurtainJerker
I got the MNW Update as well. I use Cablevision. It was up around 12:30am. 24/7 is amazing its normal for me to stay up all night on New Years Eve but this year instead of partying i was up watch 24/7!! Both Raw and Nitro ended weird to me. I always hated when they ended the show in the middle of something. Especially when they are middle of people talking like was in the case of HBK and Bret Hart on Raw.

I thought it was fairly anti-climatic. Would've been different had Sting came out of the ceiling and not down the ramp.

Does anyone else have a price tag of $8.99 on the HHH Raw debut (instead of the usual "free with subscription)? I watched it and when the 24/7 bumper started it said, "Thanks for your order." I imagine it should be no problem to get it removed if I do get charged, but I find it amusing that it was HHH of all people.

Also, Shorties host Santino says before the HHH match starts that the career of HHH's opponent "John Chrystal" should be "coming along any day now" or similar. Am I crazy in thinking that John Chrystal is actually a younger Santino? We only get 1 good shot of his face at the start of the match, but damned if it doesn't look like Santino. But a quick Wiki search doesn't corroborate this idea at all (esp. since the match was almost 13 yrs ago).

Also, what are the chances that canceling 24/7 and then re-subscribing in a few days would actually make for the "2 months free" promotion?

Didn't see it mentioned earlier in the thread, but Starrcade 92 is the PYBO this month. If you haven't seen the show it has three really solid-great matches with Ron Simmons vs Dr Death, Muta vs Chono, Sting vs Vader. Not to mention lethal lotter and battlebowl.

Didn't see it mentioned earlier in the thread, but Starrcade 92 is the PYBO this month. If you haven't seen the show it has three really solid-great matches with Ron Simmons vs Dr Death, Muta vs Chono, Sting vs Vader. Not to mention lethal lotter and battlebowl.

Yeah, we discussed the show in last month's thread.

LOTS of good stuff to pick from. Bash at the Beach '94, MSG 1980, new World Class, etc. I'm checking out Black Saturday. How can you get ticked off when Vince McMahon gives you Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch?

Not that the match was a showstealer or anything, but it's hard to believe that Bobo Brazil was a few days short of sixty when that match took place. Looking at Cawthon's site, it was also one of his last WWF appearances. He wrestled in only two matches afterwards, battle royals in 1986 and '87.

Also, Shorties host Santino says before the HHH match starts that the career of HHH's opponent "John Chrystal" should be "coming along any day now" or similar. Am I crazy in thinking that John Chrystal is actually a younger Santino? We only get 1 good shot of his face at the start of the match, but damned if it doesn't look like Santino. But a quick Wiki search doesn't corroborate this idea at all (esp. since the match was almost 13 yrs ago).

It's possible since he'd be 21 or 22 at the time but I doubt it.

WWE.com posted its online offering today and it's more Raw . . . a lot more Raw. Actually, it's quite a nice lineup. Shockingly enough, I don't believe any of this stuff was rehashed from the Raw XV dvd set.

Raw: Episode 9

March 15, 1993 | Approx. run time: 40 mins.

Not even the biggest blizzard of the year can stop Monday Night Raw from taking place. Two big matches highlight the evening, including Bob Backlund taking on Papa Shango and The Nasty Boys challenging The Headshrinkers. Plus, Bobby Heenan conducts an in-ring interview with The Giant Gonzalez. Catch all this and more on this edition of Raw.

Raw: Episode 10

March 22, 1993 | Approx. run time: 34 mins.

Raw returns to New York City with The Bushwhackers, Repo Man, Tatanka and Doink the Clown all in action. Also, find out who WWE inducts as its first member into the Hall of Fame. This is the final Raw before WrestleMania IX, and you don't want to miss it.

Raw: Episode 11

April 5, 1993 | Approx. run time: 44 mins.

Here's a bit of trivia: Which WWE Superstar's entrance music has played more times on Raw than anybody else's? If you guessed Jerry "The King" Lawler, you're correct. Not only do you get the in-ring debut of Jerry Lawler, but this is also your chance to find out all the late-breaking details and results from WrestleMania IX.

Raw: Episode 12

April 12, 1993 | Approx. run time: 42 mins.

This episode is famous for having the very first catfight on Raw. Sensational Sherri has some unfinished business with Luna Vachon following their WrestleMania IX encounter. Plus, Scott Steiner takes on IRS, Papa Shango wrestles a very young Scotty 2 Hotty, and we get the debut of Friar Ferguson. This is definitely the craziest Raw from 1993!

Raw: Shawn Michaels vs. Razon Ramon

August 1, 1994 | Approx. run time: 22 mins.

Following their famous Ladder Match in WrestleMania X, this bout is the big rematch between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon, and also marked HBK's first return to the ring since. With SummerSlam only six days away, and Razor Ramon defending his Intercontinental Title against Diesel, Shawn Michaels was sent to the ring to soften up the bad guy. Could Shawn Michaels complete this daunting task, or would Razor win two straight matches against HBK?

The Raw Bowl

January 1, 1996 | Approx. run time: 14 mins.

With the Big Game around the corner, WWE 24/7 Online is presenting The Raw Bowl. This unique match features four of the best tag teams in WWE in a Four Corners Match. This is the only match in WWE history to include cheerleaders, timeouts and a marching band!

Raw: Stone Cold Stuns Mr. McMahon

September 22, 1997 | Approx. run time: 5 mins.

In truly one of the most defining Raw moments in WWE history, Stone Cold Steve Austin gave the Stunner to Mr. McMahon. At the time, Mr. McMahon was better known as being the broadcasting colleague of J.R. and Jerry Lawler on Raw. However, on this September night, Mr. McMahon decided to teach Stone Cold about proper behavior in WWE. Needless to say, Stone Cold heard enough and gave the Chairman his first ever Stunner.

Raw: Triple H vs. Marc Mero

October 21, 1996 | Approx. run time: 11 mins.

Triple H has been a staple of Raw for more than 12 years. Back in 1996, Triple H had challenged Hall of Famer, Mr. Perfect to come out of retirement. On this episode of Raw, it seemed like Triple H had gotten his wish. However, after a backstage attack, officials deemed Mr. Perfect unable to compete. Marc Mero stepped in for Mr. Perfect and put the Intercontinental Title on the line against Triple H. Was this the night Triple H's golden dynasty began?

Raw: Stone Cold & Dude Love vs. Owen Hart & British Bulldog

July 14, 1997 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

Stone Cold Steve Austin had challenged Owen Hart and the British Bulldog to a Tag Team Title Match on Raw. Originally, it seemed like Stone Cold didn't have a partner and he'd be wrestling in a Handicap Match. After a few minutes of unfamiliar music hit, Mick Foley's character of Dude Love was born. Find out if the unlikely team of Dude Love and Stone Cold Steve Austin were able to capture the Tag Team Championship.

Introducing: Chris Jericho

August 9, 1999 | Approx. run time: 9 mins.

Chris Jericho's return to the WWE might be one of the highlights of 2007. However, Jericho became an instant star when he debuted and interrupted The Rock back in 1999. Check out his WWE Debut for the first time ever on WWE 24/7 Online.

Jericho's debut and Austin stunning Vince are also on the DVD (and Jericho's debut is also on 24/7 OnDemand) but yeah, that's cool of them to put 4 more episodes of Raw up on the first update of the month.

Hooray, I properly researched all of the correct debut matches for the first Shorties update (which I don't have on Cogeco yet!) but I apparently forgot the Umaga one, which would be the 15th one I realized was missing. I'm pretty sure I saw it on Sunflower's site previously so I must have just missed it when typing up the schedule (it is a bit jumbled when they add so much). I watched the intro to Black Saturday last night - it's so weird hearing the now familiar World Championship Wrestling 80s theme and then Vince cutting to matches. The first match even had a weird NWA/WCW vibe because of the way the ring/ropes/turnbuckles looked.

Guest bp2007

I have no problem with tons of old Raw's re-airing and other good Raw moments. As long as it wasn't all taken from a DVD or very recent I'm happy. In fact, I sometimes prefer stuff from like Raw/Primetime/Superstars, etc only because those are matches/moments you can't get on a DVD.

Guest bp2007
I have no problem with tons of old Raw's re-airing and other good Raw moments. As long as it wasn't all taken from a DVD or very recent I'm happy. In fact, I sometimes prefer stuff from like Raw/Primetime/Superstars, etc only because those are matches/moments you can't get on a DVD.

Oh I will add that I was disappointed we got no Jericho interview for his debut. That's the only introducing without an interview so far and his would have been one I'd like to hear. I'm thinking of emailing wwe and seeing if they accidentally didn't add it because we seemed to get interviews from everybody else in the past.

I'm guessing the 1/15 Online update will be chalk full of Raw moments from 2000-2007. I kind of hope not since I was looking forward to Part VIII of The History of the Intercontinental Title and maybe a Rumble or two. But if they paste on 4 more Raws, I'll be down for that.

I watched the Black Saturday show and to be honest I didn't think it was all that bad. It was very weird seeing Vince there on TBS and they kept the exact same WCW music! I've always thought on some level that the NWA purists were full of shit though. It's not like their usual array of jobber squashes and interviews were much better than the WWF's jobber matches and interviews. Maybe the interviews, depending on if it was Flair, Dusty, etc.