TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008

"They don't come faster than David Sammartino."

Jack Reynolds was awful.

I was trying to remember who Jack Reynolds was. Thankfully, he wasn't around the WWF long.

Tony Garea did some annoucing out the Black Saturday show and it was awful.

in another update, now apperantly Comcast made an error and has each show listed as 3.99, they are hoping to have it resolved tommorow, Comcast's "winning" service is shining through ;)

"They don't come faster than David Sammartino."

Jack Reynolds was awful.

I was trying to remember who Jack Reynolds was. Thankfully, he wasn't around the WWF long.

Tony Garea did some annoucing out the Black Saturday show and it was awful.

I agree... Garea was down right God-awful.

I get the impression Garea did not enjoy commentating anymore than we liked hearing it.

Same here. It did seem kind of forced, and to his defense, his accent probably had something to do with it.

Guest flairfan

Sadly, I will not be getting WWE 24/7 anymore.

I have choosen to go with DirectTV. They have almost 100 HD channels and that is way more that the 15 Comcast was giving me. Sad part is DirectTV is way cheaper!

Now if 24/7 ever comes to DirectTV, I will get it back.

Guest krash9924
Sadly, I will not be getting WWE 24/7 anymore.

I have choosen to go with DirectTV. They have almost 100 HD channels and that is way more that the 15 Comcast was giving me. Sad part is DirectTV is way cheaper!

Now if 24/7 ever comes to DirectTV, I will get it back.

Sadly I will sometime soon be heading in your direction. Charter just jumped rates in STL again and I am looking into DirectTV as well.

Guest flairfan
24/7 is putting up Clash 1 just for you though!

I'll enjoy it in your absence.

Ive got the VHS of that in perfect condition...so no worries. I actually have all the Clashes..Although I would like some of them in better quality..

Thats another reason I was able to give up 24/7. I basically have everything already...

Sure, I will miss recording WCW on TBS from 1986, but oh well, Im sure someone is recording them and will be willing to sell/trade me for them.

I do think Dish and Direct TV will get 24/7 someday..There is just too many people that have Sats..I think Direct TV has 16 million people and Dish has 14 million...

Isn't there some technical issue with beaming OD television to satellites though? Or is that one of those "we can't do it now but the technology of the future will be able to do it" type deals?

Yeah, it's exactly the same... except it's not at all. A PPV event/movie has a specific broadcast time - the order can be accepted live anytime, but the event itself has to be viewed during the time it's being broadcast / beamed to the satellite. OnDemand movies/programs need to be stored on a server and made readily available via high-speed coaxial cables at all seconds of the day.

I'll admit I'm no technical nut and I'm making basic assumptions based solely on how it appears to me this stuff works, but it makes sense, no?

Guest flairfan

Yeah it is different. BUT I think that someone will figure it out considering you are talking about 30 million people. Not sure when or how, but I know it will be done...

Guest Bigelow34
Yeah, it's exactly the same... except it's not at all. A PPV event/movie has a specific broadcast time - the order can be accepted live anytime, but the event itself has to be viewed during the time it's being broadcast / beamed to the satellite. OnDemand movies/programs need to be stored on a server and made readily available via high-speed coaxial cables at all seconds of the day.

I'll admit I'm no technical nut and I'm making basic assumptions based solely on how it appears to me this stuff works, but it makes sense, no?

Yep, you hit it. From everything I have heard that is exactly the problem.

Guest gfanikf
Today/tomorrow, depending on your cable service.

Cool, Optimum is actually good with its update.

Prime Time and the December leftovers (NWA, History of the WWE Title) are expiring tonight. It's a light update - Ladder Match DVD, NWA, and TNT debut.

cool, thanks

ok as I've said for some reason my new content says 3.99 I called to figure the situation out, I've had one person tell me to not watch anything till the problem on their end is fixed, and another say it should be ok to watch and if the account is charged to call billing and it would be "credited" to the account

I'm just gonna call the billing department in the morning and see what they tell me

what is on the Debut Prime Time episode

ok as I've said for some reason my new content says 3.99 I called to figure the situation out, I've had one person tell me to not watch anything till the problem on their end is fixed, and another say it should be ok to watch and if the account is charged to call billing and it would be "credited" to the account

I'm just gonna call the billing department in the morning and see what they tell me

what is on the Debut Prime Time episode

Not much, but the Dick Murdoch/Afa match is fun due to Murdoch's selling.

Guest gfanikf
Prime Time and the December leftovers (NWA, History of the WWE Title) are expiring tonight. It's a light update - Ladder Match DVD, NWA, and TNT debut.

Yet I'm still waiting for the update part of it lol

So am I right in assuming that the Ladder Match dvd isn't being shown in its entirety on 24/7? Does anyone know the matches that made the cut for 24/7? All I really want to see are the 1st 3 matches (Jake Roberts vs. Big Daddy Ritter, Bret vs. Shawn, and HBK vs. Razor II).

One of the main reasons I don't buy a lot of these compilations (like The History of the WWE Championship and The Ladder Match) is b/c I have so many of the matches on tape or I saw them on 1st viewing, but if the matches I listed made the cut, I'll definitely check it out.

Guest Dolfan483

They have all 3 on there Zappa, but the Jake-Big is joined in progress (I think).

Did anyone get the TNT Debut? Cause i sure don't have it.

So am I right in assuming that the Ladder Match dvd isn't being shown in its entirety on 24/7? Does anyone know the matches that made the cut for 24/7? All I really want to see are the 1st 3 matches (Jake Roberts vs. Big Daddy Ritter, Bret vs. Shawn, and HBK vs. Razor II).

One of the main reasons I don't buy a lot of these compilations (like The History of the WWE Championship and The Ladder Match) is b/c I have so many of the matches on tape or I saw them on 1st viewing, but if the matches I listed made the cut, I'll definitely check it out.

You can probably guess which matches are being edited, and since the reason for condensing 6 parts into 4 isn't in those 3 matches, you're safe.

The NWA show also features the match that made Dusty Rhodes come up with some for Ray Traylor. As Jim Cornette tells it, he takes a slingshot suplex from Tully Blanchard, and Dusty was like "If he can get up for Tully, I can probably do something with him."

He's then taken off television for a couple of months and later appears as Big Bubba Rogers.