TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

WWE General Discussion - January 2008

Harris will certainly not be on creative/road agent - If I'm not mistaken a "booking contract" is what they call their general wrestler contracts. Wrestlers are classed as independant contractors, so wwe contracts secure "exclusive booking rights" for their services, hence the name "Booking contract".

I think it means he was telling people he knows he has a contract to go straight to the roster and not a developmental one.

Ah so Harris will be booking. Nice, more wrestling bookers is good for WWE.

Um...

This exchange was hilarious, or it might just be the reefer.

I hope they bring Killings, Show, and Harris in as some kind of stable.

Harris doesn't really need any time in developmental anyway. I've always thought his ring style was very WWE friendly, but he also did enough different stuff that he could be acceptable in TNA.

I don't know why WWE does that with some TNA guys. As in offering them an insulting development deal, when these guys have been featured nationally for quite a while.

So, ol Paul is going back to his alleged "slave name" eh? God, why do wrestlers do interviews like that after they leave the E? No one buys that they won't come back one day.

Heh. I remember that quote.

Harris doesn't really need any time in developmental anyway. I've always thought his ring style was very WWE friendly, but he also did enough different stuff that he could be acceptable in TNA.

I don't know why WWE does that with some TNA guys. As in offering them an insulting development deal, when these guys have been featured nationally for quite a while.

I actually think guys get better money to work "developmental" now than they did before, some guys need the style change, other guys it's so they can work while the writers figure out what they want to do with them..it all depends.

Hell Monty Brown spent no time in developmental at all.

For god's sake, this is a woman who showed her naked vagina to the entire world in Playboy. Meanwhile, the bondage photos are nothing but a few fake-looking, clearly staged pics of her tied to a post... while fully clothed. That's all. Who cares?

Jingus, I'm not sure which pictures you saw, but there was all kinds of titties in the Candice bondage pics I viewed.

There will be new sets for all 3 shows when the switch is made to HD.

Maybe we can finally say goodbye to the Parallelagramatron on RAW and the FIST! on SD.

Has that been confirmed? If so, cool.

I don't know what pics Matt Young was looking at because I didn't see any titties either.

I look forward to the 'new' ECW set. Right now it's a shitty attempt to look more small-time by draping curtains over the Smackdown screen and moving up the entranceway a few feet.

I don't know what pics Matt Young was looking at because I didn't see any titties either.

I look forward to the 'new' ECW set. Right now it's a shitty attempt to look more small-time by draping curtains over the Smackdown screen and moving up the entranceway a few feet.

http://www.vedetetv.net/albums/userpics/10...hotoshoot_4.jpg

**********VERY NSFW*************

That's just one.

For god's sake, this is a woman who showed her naked vagina to the entire world in Playboy. Meanwhile, the bondage photos are nothing but a few fake-looking, clearly staged pics of her tied to a post... while fully clothed. That's all. Who cares?

Jingus, I'm not sure which pictures you saw, but there was all kinds of titties in the Candice bondage pics I viewed.

There will be new sets for all 3 shows when the switch is made to HD.

Maybe we can finally say goodbye to the Parallelagramatron on RAW and the FIST! on SD.

Has that been confirmed? If so, cool.

Theres a poster in the RR in HD thread over at avs that talked to a production guy:

Production Guys Response:

The plan as of now is for the WWE to remain in stereo when the HD ‘switch’ happens in a few weeks. The reason for this is we want to make sure that everyone, from the USA head end, to the satellite and cable providers, to the studio, to the many international markets can support 5.1 Dolby.

Our new truck is ready to broadcast in 5.1, and as soon as they tell us, we’re ready and anxious to go. Rest assured we want to make the switch!

Update:

I am not sure when the CW HD conversion will happen. To be honest with you, they don’t really tell us crew members much either!

I know the Royal Rumble will be presented in HD, and I know that in two weeks (Hampton and we are getting a new set for the RAW and ECW HD launch. Beyond that, I really don’t know, but I will ask at work next week and let you know what the plans are for Smackdown HD. If I find out anything, I will let you know.

Going to 5.1 will make it easier for them to edit out the crowd and music for future disc releases (Blu Ray?)

Also add giving Kevin Nash creative control and had him only benefiting him. Him going over Goldberg at Starcade 98 and ending his streak was the most selfish thing he could've done. Nash at that point was already an established main eventer, and didn't need to go over Goldberg. The best booking would've had someone who could've benefited from ending Goldberg's streak.

I soooo wanted DDP to win the title from Goldberg at Halloween Havoc. :angry:

What it actually accomplishes is that it enables them to keep disassembling the Smackdown set while the ECW show is in progress.

Update:

I am not sure when the CW HD conversion will happen. To be honest with you, they don’t really tell us crew members much either!

I know the Royal Rumble will be presented in HD, and I know that in two weeks (Hampton and we are getting a new set for the RAW and ECW HD launch. Beyond that, I really don’t know, but I will ask at work next week and let you know what the plans are for Smackdown HD. If I find out anything, I will let you know.

SD goes HD in 2 weeks. There were some promos for it during last night's show.

Guest The Big Wiggle
I was reading the Orton/HHH stuff from the observer, to this boards credit it hasn't happened here. But as a general question what is with people refusing to believe any news these days? I've seen tons of people blatantly say Meltzer and Alvarez just make shit up, it's "smark bait" and none of it is true. Especially if involves Triple H..

Like here was a comment I came across..."What a bunch of bullcrap. I swear the observer and all the spoiler sites will say anything to make us hate Triple H. I expect a story about how HHH chopped CM Punk to bits and peices put him in a bag and through him off a cliff for having the same pair of pants as him only to turn it around when Punk shows up on ECW and say that he killed a CM Punk lookalike instead."

Is there some reason why people think that everyone is lying and that it's all some smear campaign against the H's?

Hah, I always laugh at the chodes who disbelieve every single bit of news reported by Meltzer. When it's dismissed as the loathsome term "smark bait" I have to wonder how unbelievable it is that the husband of the head of creative and son-in-law to the owner of the company wouldn't play politics.

But hey, Triple H is playing a pretty stand-up guy on TV right now, so he must be that way in real life.

I was reading the Orton/HHH stuff from the observer, to this boards credit it hasn't happened here. But as a general question what is with people refusing to believe any news these days? I've seen tons of people blatantly say Meltzer and Alvarez just make shit up, it's "smark bait" and none of it is true. Especially if involves Triple H..

Like here was a comment I came across..."What a bunch of bullcrap. I swear the observer and all the spoiler sites will say anything to make us hate Triple H. I expect a story about how HHH chopped CM Punk to bits and peices put him in a bag and through him off a cliff for having the same pair of pants as him only to turn it around when Punk shows up on ECW and say that he killed a CM Punk lookalike instead."

Is there some reason why people think that everyone is lying and that it's all some smear campaign against the H's?

Hah, I always laugh at the chodes who disbelieve every single bit of news reported by Meltzer. When it's dismissed as the loathsome term "smark bait" I have to wonder how unbelievable it is that the husband of the head of creative and son-in-law to the owner of the company wouldn't play politics.

But hey, Triple H is playing a pretty stand-up guy on TV right now, so he must be that way in real life.

I always laugh at the chodes who believe every single bit of news that is reported by Meltzer. I mean if Meltzer said it, it has to be true.

:D

Is it churlish of me to suggest that sometimes Meltzer gets it right, sometimes he gets it wrong, but that he is perhaps better informed than some?

Is it churlish of me to suggest that sometimes Meltzer gets it right, sometimes he gets it wrong, but that he is perhaps better informed than some?

That would be generally accurate. It would also be a more sensible opinion than to just dismiss everything Meltzer says out of hand.

You're pretty much right, but I would say Meltzer is USUALLY right.

I'd say Meltzer has about a 80-85% success rate overall. Which is pretty good considering that Vince changes his mind so often for the slightest reason that you'd be hard pressed to be any more accurate when the plans Meltzer hears about get changed so frequently by the time he goes to press.

I'd say Meltzer has about a 80-85% success rate overall. Which is pretty good considering that Vince changes his mind so often for the slightest reason that you'd be hard pressed to be any more accurate when the plans Meltzer hears about get changed so frequently by the time he goes to press.

Thats pretty much accurate...

I would take the word of Meltzer over any over wrestling rumor website, thats for sure.

Disco is here to bust on Jericho...

Receipts: My Response To Jericho & Killing WCW

01/10/2008 by Glenn Gilbertti

Two things on my agenda this week:

Number one, I read some of Chris Jericho's book as it pertained to the sections I was mentioned in. First of all, Martin Short IS NOT funny. I started this debate in WCW. Jericho and I were arguing over the supposed "humor" of Martin Short. I just think the guy sucks. Well, Jericho, being a fellow Canadian, thought he was funny. So we get Bob Ryder to post a poll of the boys on WCW's website of whether or not Martin Short was funny, and surprisingly, NOT FUNNY barely won.

I thought it would be a landslide. However, we had a lot of Canadians in WCW back then which kind of skewed the numbers in my opinion. I'd like to put up a poll on this website as to whether or not everyone feels that he's funny. The answers would have to be A.) Funny and American. B.) Funny and Canadian C.) Not funny and American D.) Not funny and Canadian. I doubt there would be a lot of A's and D's.

Secondly, Jericho referred to me as a "dweeb" when talking about me introducing him to his wife. Also, he referenced me as the #143 reason WCW went out of business. Let me say this: from this point on and at least once in every future article I write, the actions, words, and everything else involved in Chris Jericho's career will be heavily critiqued, scrutinized, and analyzed, beginning with his failed return to Raw which hasn't boosted ratings and his ridiculous outfit that he wears.

There's only so much you can say about a guy whose father you can see getting his ass beat in hockey fights on YouTube. In the future I won't be as nice as I was this week to the man that besmirched the good name of the guy that introduced him to the mother of his stupid kids.

Number two on my agenda is in reference to the recent Raw magazine article citing myself as the number four reason Nitro failed, just behind David Arquette, The Misfits in Action, and Warrior and Beefcake. Also, I was just ahead of Mongo McMichael. This might be my proudest moment in wrestling, for finally getting the credit I deserve for ruining Nitro.

Interesting that of the fifteen reasons that were mentioned, Bischoff wasn't one of them. Neither was Johnny Ace, who was in charge of creative when the last month of them aired. Come to think of it, four weeks after I got taken off the booking committee, WCW went out of business. So, theoretically, I could make a case that taking me off the booking committee directly caused Nitro to fail. I should be number one!

On a related subject, let's name ten of the reasons why Raw's ratings have gone from a 6.9 to a 3.8.

10.) Reformation of DX with a 40 and 38 year old.

9.) Mae young gives birth to a hand

8.) Kurt Angle wears a wig

7.) The death of Vince McMahon

6.) Johnny Laurinaitis signs the wrong one-legged guy

5.) The Mexicools

4.) Benoit tribute show

3.) Katie Vick

Tie for first

1.) Hornswoggle McMahon

1.) Y2J's return

I'll be back next week with more reasons Raw went out of business and a critical review of the superband "Fozzy".

Yeah, Johnny Ace's blunder in singing the wrong guy before eventually signing Zach Gowan - a SmackDown wrestler - was a HUGE detriment to Raw's ratings in 2003 and is definitely a top reason for the slide since 2000. Disco nailed that one.

Disco's list sucks.

At least blame the Rock and Austin leaving at various times for the ratings decreases.

Also, the Diva Search.

Ratings went up during the Diva Search.

Disco is just bitter because he's pretty much the only big name of the last 15 years or so not named Sting to never get any kind of run in WWE, nor even be offered the opportunity and turn it down. I always found Disco to be entertaining, and would have like to see him get a brief comedy run in WWE, he wasn't a terrible worker, and it was a funny gimmick. The story I always remmeber hearing was that he was originally going to sign in 1997 and be brought in as Honky Tonk Man's protege, but decided in the end to resign with WCW, and ended up on Vinces shit list forever as a result.

Disco is here to bust on Jericho...

Receipts: My Response To Jericho & Killing WCW

01/10/2008 by Glenn Gilbertti

On a related subject, let's name ten of the reasons why Raw's ratings have gone from a 6.9 to a 3.8.

10.)Reformation of DX with a 40 and 38 year old.

9.) Mae young gives birth to a hand

8.) Kurt Angle wears a wig

7.) The death of Vince McMahon

6.) Johnny Laurinaitis signs the wrong one-legged guy

5.) The Mexicools

4.) Benoit tribute show

3.) Katie Vick

Tie for first

1.) Hornswoggle McMahon

1.) Y2J's return

I'll be back next week with more reasons Raw went out of business and a critical review of the superband "Fozzy".

I don't think that Kurt Angle wearing a wig made a difference at all. In fact, Kurt Angle himself never made much of a difference. Disco just needs to look at his own company (TNA). Angle has virtually nothing for them buyrates-wise.

And the Mexicools? Umm, yeah, they were on SmackDown!. For all the things you could fault the WWE for, you have to make up shit like that? Then again, if he had any clue as to what works and what doesn't, maybe TNA wouldn't be such a mess either.