TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

WWE General Discussion - January 2008

Wanted to come back to this real quick.

Mae Young on James Guttman's radio show said she had been promised a match with Aurora Rose Lavesque, Hunter and Stephanie's daughter, on her 100th birthday. Aurora will be 17 at the time. Set your calendars for May 12, 2022.

Can you imagine being a seven year old girl, knowing there's a crazy 90 year old woman who wants to fight you in ten years?

No. Hell, I can barely even imagine being in a weird time warp where the year 2022 is in just ten years.

Mae will be 90 in 2012 and Aurora will be 7. That is ten years from 2022.

Well I assume he gathered that much....

Just that it does seem so far away. Like, 2012 was a date you'd see in some crazy future novel as a kid. Weird that we're now here...and more or less things are the same.

Big Show really let himself go there for years, though. He didn't have the work ethic because everything was handed to him when he entered WCW. He smoked loads of cigarettes. If you look at him when he was champ the first time in WWE, he was in pretty good shape. He put on over 100 pounds at one point, I believe. Yeah, it is harder for him to maintain weight, I would say, but smoking all day, eating poorly and not working out doesn't help much.

If I remember correctly, he had minor liposuction before debuting for the WWF.

I'll never forget when he was walking down to the ring on Raw during his first run as WWF Champion with the belt around his waist. Halfway down the ramp, the belt snaps off his waist and falls to the ground. Heh heh.

Am I the only one that did not enjoy Big Show's initial ring attire of nothing but short trunks and boots with no knee pads?

Guest droptoehold
Will WM24 be the first DVD release on Blu-Ray?

That would be a great starting point on Blu-Ray but with the Rumble

being shot on HD, I don't see them not trying to get the most out of

that.

Question: Hi Michelle. Would you ever consider posing for Playboy like some of the other Divas have?

Michelle McCool: Hi there … I, like most of the other Divas, get this question often. Though the girls have done some absolutely beautiful, classy shoots with Playboy, it’s not for me. For now, I’ll be keeping my clothes on.

Question: Hi Michelle. I live all the way in Australia and you're a great Diva! I was wondering if there are any WWE Australian Tours, because I really want to meet you. Is wrestling fake? Some people say it is and I don't know. I hope your eye gets better!

Michelle McCool: Hi there! I hope we come to Australia soon. It is beautiful there! Is wrestling fake? This is one of those questions that will get just about any Superstar fired-up. We go out there four or five (sometimes more) days a week and put our bodies on the line for our fans. Personally, I have had a broken xiphisternum, two broken ribs, a fractured nose, a sprained wrist and plenty of cuts, bumps and bruises. Saying this, my injuries have been minimal compared to the other guys and girls. There have been tons of knee injuries, broken necks, torn biceps, torn triceps, torn quadriceps … the list goes on. So, hopefully that answers your question. No, wrestling is not fake and I hope all of you guys truly appreciate it!

why is wwe.com obsessed with celebrity culture?

I've been noticing that they've been mentioning Britney quite a bit on the site. You don't think Vince is crazy enough to offer her money to appear on Raw or Wrestlemania?

If he'll pay Kevin Federline money to come into his organization and go over his top champion, why would he NOT pay Britney Spears money to come in and, uh, do....something? I have no idea what she'd do, but who knows. Maybe Vince will bring in Federline one more time and have a nice little Britney/Federline reunion right there at Wrestlemania.

If he'll pay Kevin Federline money to come into his organization and go over his top champion, why would he NOT pay Britney Spears money to come in and, uh, do....something? I have no idea what she'd do, but who knows.

Showdown with Jillian Hall.

Tommy Dreamer did an article for WWE.Com asking who he pissed off in WWE. He said he's been thinking about this ever since a fan came up to him in an airport and asked why he's never on ECW's TV show anymore. He challenged the company to do a Rocky-type storyline with him centered around Dreamer's last chance at glory in ECW. Not sure how long this article will stay on the website.

Seems they know about it, because they're running a poll asking if he should get what he's asking for.

He's won over the late night/early morning crowd, with about 3000 votes in it's 91% Yes.

Finally got around to watching that EXPOSED! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets show. Shit's kinda funny because it's so dumb. I love how they're like, "The piledriver is extremely dangerous, they have to (blah blah blah). The wrestlers could get very hurt, if they didn't know the secrets." Shut the fuck up. I don't know if them saying that it's not dangerous is what made me mad or the fact that they kept fucking repeating "If they didn't know the secrets." I swear, if I had to hear Garfield say "If they didn't know the secrets." one more fucking time, I would fucking snap.

Finally got around to watching that EXPOSED! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets show. Shit's kinda funny because it's so dumb. I love how they're like, "The piledriver is extremely dangerous, they have to (blah blah blah). The wrestlers could get very hurt, if they didn't know the secrets." Shut the fuck up. I don't know if them saying that it's not dangerous is what made me mad or the fact that they kept fucking repeating "If they didn't know the secrets." I swear, if I had to hear Garfield say "If they didn't know the secrets." one more fucking time, I would fucking snap.

What a farce that show was. You got better information reading the RSPW faq.

Tommy Dreamer did an article for WWE.Com asking who he pissed off in WWE. He said he's been thinking about this ever since a fan came up to him in an airport and asked why he's never on ECW's TV show anymore. He challenged the company to do a Rocky-type storyline with him centered around Dreamer's last chance at glory in ECW. Not sure how long this article will stay on the website.

I'm assuming that 90% of the wrestler articles on WWE.com are being ghostwritten.

What a farce that show was. You got better information reading the RSPW faq.

Conveniently enough, PWGS is posted as Classic Crap on Wrestlecrap this week. Stunt Granny FTW!

I'm assuming that 90% of the wrestler articles on WWE.com are being ghostwritten.

As for real articles, I recommend Striker's "Striker in Real Life" series.

The question is, what will they do with Killings? Go to ECW and feud with Punk? Only problem there is, and I know this is kind of "lowest common denominator" thinking, you've already got Burke and Benjamin on that show. Maybe they could put him on Smackdown, but I have no idea who he could feud with. I just hope they don't stick him in some lame tag team.

Simple. The Return of K-Kwik. GET ROWDY!! And if you think I'm joking keep in mind this is the company that resigned Scorpio and had him go by Flash Funk again.

There's a video on WWE.com that shows HBK and HHH talking about HD and then HHH jokes about HBK's bald spot showing up on the switchover.

Santino's Corner

Funny stuff.

Think back to July this year, it's unbelievable to think now that 6 months later Santino and Orton are vying for best heel in the company (Santino is still providing gold, while Randy's "I kicked him where his appendix used to be" line makes me <3 him for at least another couple of months).

According to Rajah who probably poached it from a pay site Bonnie Hammer has stepped down from her position as head of the Sci-Fi channel. I don't know if this bodes well for ECW after their current contract runs out (albeit in a year) as Hammer pushed for the show eventhough many were against it as not fitting the brand.

It was a regular item on WO.com.

--Bonnie Hammer has voluntarily stepped away from being the head of Sci-Fi and Dave Howe has replaced her as President of the network. It was Hammer, over the objections of many at the network, who got ECW on the station and approved of the recent renewal

I know for the majority of last year ECW was got the best ratings of anything on the channel, is that still the case? Because there's no way the new head of the channel is going to drop the highest rated show for 2 years running, that's career suicide.