TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

WWE General Discussion - January 2008

Off topic.

Do you think they'll ever have the MITB winner cash in the very same night as he wins it?

Maybe something like WMIX.

From what I've read, that was the original ending for Flair's retirement:

He'd win Money in the Bank, cash it in that night, lose to the champion, and leave his boots/robe in the ring as a symbol of retirement.

Me and the groupd of friends I watched Wrestlemania with last year were expecting Kennedy to run down, and cash in his MITB immediately after Undertaker beat Batista, and maybe schoolboy him for a quick pin. Screwing Undertaker out of his streak would've shot Kennedy (who was still unbelievably over at the time, having just come off a near win over Batista at the Rumble) into the stratosphere.

From WWE.com

Say goodbye to the iconic Raw TitanTron, as well as the SmackDown fist and mirrors. They’ve seen their last television tapings.

To take full advantage of the high-definition platform, a radically redesigned entrance set will be shared by all three of WWE's signature shows. Exact details regarding the set will remain top-secret until Raw’s is unveiled Monday night. ...

WWE has yet to decide whether to distribute its high-definition pay-per-view events on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray format discs.

I thought the original "blue tunnel" Smackdown set looked great and I was bummed to see it get bumped in the Summer of '01 in favor of the "fist and mirrors" set. I did like the visual of Rhyno goring Jericho through the Ovaltron however.

I would have rather seen the fist and mirrors set used for RAW, which had been using the same, mostly unaltered set for the better part or 4 years at the time.

But it changes via special video images!

At one point I was hoping they would have made the new SNME set a permanent piece (maybe just for Raw) since it was so basic yet awesome with all the lights. I'm looking forward to how this new set looks though.

Having all 3 brands share a set further dilutes the "3 separate and unique brands" concept, IMO.

True.. but it will be much easier to now do supershows!!

I will not judge this decision until I see this set. I think the production team really thought this out, and probably agreed that this will be the best move when going to HD. Maybe they built one massive set that can be easily customized to fit each brands unique looks?? In the article he did mention that the set would be customized for each brand and have a distinctive look.

WWE has a great production team, and they don't do things sloppy.. so I will wait and see.

Having all 3 brands share a set further dilutes the "3 separate and unique brands" concept, IMO.

True.. but it will be much easier to now do supershows!!

I will not judge this decision until I see this set. I think the production team really thought this out, and probably agreed that this will be the best move when going to HD. Maybe they built one massive set that can be easily customized to fit each brands unique looks?? In the article he did mention that the set would be customized for each brand and have a distinctive look.

WWE has a great production team, and they don't do things sloppy.. so I will wait and see.

Agreed. Also, like I mentioned elsewhere, the brand extension seems to pretty much be dead, but in name only. I mean, you have guys like Finlay and Khali appearing on every show at will, the ECW and Smackdown co-promotion, etc. I think it's pretty much been shown that minimizing the "brand extension" as much as possible has been good, as far as making each show more entertaining.

Things that happen on house shows don't exist.

Rumble qualifying matches on house shows exist.

Actually, I'm glad they're finally putting emphasis back on house shows since, you know, people actually pay money to attend the events.

Actually, I'm glad they're finally putting emphasis back on house shows since, you know, people actually pay money to attend the events.

I still enjoy when they toss in the rare title switch just to keep things interesting. I remember Edge having a short IC reign prior to Summerslam 1998, then losing the belt back to whoever was champion before at the actual PPV. I believe it was Jarrett. Christian beating Booker T for the IC belt at a houseshow in 2003 was interesting as well.

I still enjoy when they toss in the rare title switch just to keep things interesting. I remember Edge having a short IC reign prior to Summerslam 1998, then losing the belt back to whoever was champion before at the actual PPV. I believe it was Jarrett. Christian beating Booker T for the IC belt at a houseshow in 2003 was interesting as well.

Well, Christian only won the title because Booker got injured in the match, and they changed the finish mid-match.

Edge won the belt the night before Fully Loaded 99 and then lost it back the next night against Jarrett.

Angry Amish Roadkill coming to a indie fed near you? It's being reported that the fromer Roadkill has major heat with the office for no-showing the last couple of OVW tapings. He was pissed because he'd be scheduled, show up and wasn't being used. I can't say I blame the guy.

The CT in me believes that the WWE never had any plans for him, that Undertaker's opponent aided ring rope walking spot would pale in comparison to Roadkill walking the ropes unassisted for the splash/elbow.

Angry Amish Roadkill coming to a indie fed near you? It's being reported that the fromer Roadkill has major heat with the office for no-showing the last couple of OVW tapings. He was pissed because he'd be scheduled, show up and wasn't being used. I can't say I blame the guy.

The CT in me believes that the WWE never had any plans for him, that Undertaker's opponent aided ring rope walking spot would pale in comparison to Roadkill walking the ropes unassisted for the splash/elbow.

I agree. Roadkill had some insane agility and balance for a man of his stature. I wonder if he and Danny Doring (is he still floating around in developmental hell?) still have their ECW Tag Titles.

Helms is having some nerve issues in his arm and there is no timetable for his return last I heard. Also I believe he recently lost a parent (though don't quote me on that one). I like Helms much better sans the Hurricane gimmick. I actually though he could be a solid upper card guy before his injury/surgery. He'd have been great in ECW feuding with Punk, Morrison and now Benjamin if that's the way they would have went with him as well.

Helms is having some nerve issues in his arm and there is no timetable for his return last I heard. Also I believe he recently lost a parent (though don't quote me on that one). I like Helms much better sans the Hurricane gimmick. I actually though he could be a solid upper card guy before his injury/surgery. He'd have been great in ECW feuding with Punk, Morrison and now Benjamin if that's the way they would have went with him as well.

I believe his mother passed away.

As part of the promotion of this weekend's Royal Rumble in New York City, former World Heavyweight Champion Batista was interviewed by Time Out New York magazine. In it, he told a funny story about his 15-year old daughter and a potential boyfriend that she brought over to the house. They were playing a game of pool while Batista spectated the game. During the game, Batista picked up a pool cue and jokingly threatened to beat the boy with it. The boy proceeded to burst into tears in fright, but they calmed him down and explained he was only messing around.

Well that dude lost any chance of scoring with Big Dave's daughter. What a fucking pussy.

Yeah. Because a muscled out steroid freak is somebody you shouldn't take seriously. I mean the kid is 15ish yo and seemingly never met Batista, certainly not well enough to have a rapport where pranking physical violence on him could be laughed off. I'm surprised Dave didn't soap up his ass in a shower for shits and giggles as well.