TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

WWE General Discussion - January 2008

Here's the whole F4W report this week...

Either way, the chances of Hunter not fighting for the belt at WrestleMania appear to be about zero. It's said he has been politicking like crazy ever since Sunday night; Edge vs. Undertaker for the belts and the Mania streak, which has been the plan pretty much forever. They're doing TWO Elimination Chambers at No Way Out, so obviously Taker wins the other;

the 2 Elimination Chamber matches were already spoiled in the newsletter. I was responding to them, not the Smackdown spoilers.

I guess newsletters should be 100% spoiler tagged now?

So I guess this will be the 6th straight year the IC title won't be defended at Wrestlemania? It's too bad, back then, it was so prestigeous.

sigh...god please make it stop. please. why don't they just fucking do away with the wwe title and call it the cena heavyweight title.

That'd be awesome.

Put Cena's face in the middle, make it spin again, and have him hold it for the next 5 years. It'd be glorious to see everyone's heads explode.

Bobby Lashley:

If the racial atmosphere in the WWE locker room, whether rooted in genuine racism or not, is as described, I wouldn't stick around it if I felt as strongly as Lashley apparently does. In that respect, I applaud the guy for standing up for principles when most other people would have put up with it for a strong six-figure income. Naturally, though, people couldn't wait to knock the guy for taking such a stand, because how dare Lashley quit a job he's unhappy at.

Wrestlemania plans

There's no real use talking about what may or may not happen at WM yet, because plans are likely changing all the time and even on the day of the event plans could go back and forth. I'm guessing the WWE Title match ends up with Cena-Orton-HHH in a three-way, with Cena retaining (and I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter does the job here, because it racks up those brownie points) and the three-way feud continuing for the next couple of months.

The Firing of Dave Lagana

I can understand why WWE is so protective of keeping their plans quiet, but at the same time, they have bigger things to worry about. After all, it's a very small percentage of their fanbase who are going to find out those plans, and the vast majority of those are still going to watch anyway.

The reasoning behind Punk's booking lately

It looks more like punishment than an outright burial. But I can see why some want to call it a burial, because it let's them get in their knocks at certain people.

The reasoning behind Punk's booking lately

It looks more like punishment than an outright burial. But I can see why some want to call it a burial, because it let's them get in their knocks at certain people.

How is it punishment?

Weird.

Right now on WWE.com, the poll is "Can Brock win his fight?" That's it. No mention of UFC, or Frank Mir, or when the fight is, or anything. Why even bother to mention it if that's all they're gonna put up there?

If there is one thing I 100% know it is that HHH isn't jobbing at WM. I don't even think it's a good idea in the first place. If HHH is going to keep insisting on main eventing WM then he's got to WIN some of these matches. HHH hasn't won a WM match since 2003. What does it matter what sort of brownie points he gets from the boys in the back? The only people he needs to keep happy are Vince and Steph.

Further, how does Orton even stay in the title scene if he simply jobs to Cena? It's easier to do a double pin or whatever screwy finish to keep the belt on Orton and then have both Cena and HHH with a case. I don't see them putting the belt back on Cena since he may not be totally healthy and it's somehow wrong to rush him back to put the belt on him again. I think Cena is just there to hopefully add to the WM buyrate.

Weird.

Right now on WWE.com, the poll is "Can Brock win his fight?" That's it. No mention of UFC, or Frank Mir, or when the fight is, or anything. Why even bother to mention it if that's all they're gonna put up there?

Well, there is a UFC logo in the poll heading...

as well as a graphic on the side of the page that says the fight, date, and time.

With Wrestlemania 24 coming abroad, this is how I see it happening:

1.) Cena makes Orton tap out at NWO to win the title, HHH wins EC AGAIN, HHH defeats Cena at WM and gets his job and title back.

or

2.) Shitty finish at NWO, HHH wins EC, HHH / Orton / Cena at WM for the title, HHH pins Orton to win WWE title

Frankly, I'm not too fond of triple threat matches and only singles matches should headline WM. Let Batista / Orton go at it at Mania and then book HHH / Orton / Cena for Backlash.

Guest Bigelow34
With Wrestlemania 24 coming abroad, this is I see it happening:

1.) Cena makes Orton tap out at NWO to win the title, HHH wins EC AGAIN, HHH defeats Cena at WM and gets his job and title back.

or

2.) Shitty finish at NWO, HHH wins EC, HHH / Orton / Cena at WM for the title, HHH pins Orton to win WWE title

Frankly, I'm not too fond of triple threat matches and only singles matches should headline WM. Let Batista / Orton go at it at Mania and then book HHH / Orton / Cena for Backlash.

They could do the Triple Threat but not have it headline (as in be the last match) and book the show like 22. Have the triple threat be 3rd or 2nd from the top and have Taker/Edge go on last. I know they are biased against Smackdown, but maybe Taker will pull some clout after being stuck in the 4th match last year?

With Wrestlemania 24 coming abroad, this is I see it happening:

or

They could do the Triple Threat but not have it headline (as in be the last match) and book the show like 22. Have the triple threat be 3rd or 2nd from the top and have Taker/Edge go on last. I know they are biased against Smackdown, but maybe Taker will pull some clout after being stuck in the 4th match last year?

If it's "streak vs. streak" with Edge/Undertaker, I HOPE they put that one last. I know they won't, but that match has the potential to be something special with all the hype around it. It's really the only "big money" match I'm looking forward to at Wrestlemania. Outside of a slight interest in an Orton/Cena main event, I can't see anything Raw brings to the table in terms of a memorable match to fill the Citrus Bowl.

Someone explain something to me.

Cena won the Royal Rumble.

Yet there's theories floating around that he would win the title at NWO, and defend at WM.

How does that make any sense whatsoever? Why would Cena get the belt BEFORE WM, when he's already booked in the WM main event match?

I mean, that is what the RR is for, right? To see who gets the shot at WM? Or are they ignoring that so they can have a bunch of shitty elimination chambers?

Someone explain something to me.

Cena won the Royal Rumble.

Yet there's theories floating around that he would win the title at NWO, and defend at WM.

How does that make any sense whatsoever? Why would Cena get the belt BEFORE WM, when he's already booked in the WM main event match?

I mean, that is what the RR is for, right? To see who gets the shot at WM? Or are they ignoring that so they can have a bunch of shitty elimination chambers?

Cena said on Raw he didn't want to wait until WM24 to use his title shot, so the title match is at No Way Out.

Edge doesn't have a WM streak. He was in the MITB match last year and didn't win, which also would mean he lost.

Now he could say he has never been pinned or never lost a singles match, however to say he never lost is plainly false.

Thanks Enigma. Though that still seems odd to me...the major hype for the RR is that the winner gets to main event WM, and the winner.....doesn't want to?

And if I remember correctly, wasn't Edge removed from the MitB match cuz he was injured during it? Since he's a heel, he can easily claim it shouldn't count and he considers himself undefeated.

Thanks Enigma. Though that still seems odd to me...the major hype for the RR is that the winner gets to main event WM, and the winner.....doesn't want to?

And if I remember correctly, wasn't Edge removed from the MitB match cuz he was injured during it? Since he's a heel, he can easily claim it shouldn't count and he considers himself undefeated.

Agreed. He can still say "He's never been pinned or submitted" at Wrestlemania as well.

Agreed. He can still say "He's never been pinned or submitted" at Wrestlemania as well.

I like the term "never been defeated" myself.

"Never been pinned or given up" doesn't roll off the tongue like "undefeated". It reminds me of when Muhammad Hassan messed up that finish against Chris Benoit and had to be DQed, and J.R. had to sell Hassan as having "never been pinned or made to give up" and it always sounded awkward.

I have a hard time believing Hayes is really racist. He's worked with plenty of guys like Iceman Parsons and JYD in his career.

Same here. Hayes comes from the area and era where the only color that was worried about was green.

Hayes did the moonwalk. He can't be racist!!!

Edge doesn't have a WM streak. He was in the MITB match last year and didn't win, which also would mean he lost.

Yeah, but he got "injured" and was taken out of the match. You can't win / lose a match that you've been removed from so technically Edge is still undefeated.

I was reading something in the WO.com daily update about apparently troubled (just learning this now) former Philly news woman Alycia Lane having a backstage meeting with Vince McMahon and MAYBE being hired but probably not. As someone who made it a point to watch the CBS Philadelphia news on my trips to Atlantic City every 6 or so months, I would definitely approve.

Yeah, someone already mentioned that and pointed out how vague it is, as if WWE accepted UFC's deal to promote it and is barely doing so... kind of like the KISS Demon's "Special Main Event Match". Someone else said there is clearly a UFC logo above the poll but hell if I can see it.

PWI Elite is reporting that Shawn Michaels is Ric Flair's scheduled WrestleMania 24 opponent for what would be Flair's final match.

PWI Elite is reporting that Shawn Michaels is Ric Flair's scheduled WrestleMania 24 opponent for what would be Flair's final match.

That sucks. Why are they going to waste a spot like that on someone who will get no rub from it? I'd rather see it go to someone who it will really help, like a Matt Hardy or someone like that.

Someone mentioned Umaga and Estrada...Umaga is an example of someone who absolutely have a manager/mouthpiece, as far as the type of character he plays. Estrada also has no place being a "GM" on ECW.