TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

BearShare

I've been using Limewire for years and just downloaded BearShare 2 days ago. I imported all my mp3s from the folder they were saved to from Limewire, but it won't let me share any of my files! I looked all through the program, and there's not even an option to do so. Any help?

Since BearShare 6, the program is malware-free and cannot be used anymore to download arbitrary files. Instead, BearShare offers paid music downloads in the DRMed WMA format as well as free content in various formats. The free content is shared by users and is automatically verified by BearShare not to infringe. This verification is done using acoustic fingerprinting.

Maybe this is the reason your mp3s aren't being shared. I'm not sure, I'm unfamiliar with BearShare and have eschewed traditional P2P anyway. You should've stuck with the Gnutella network.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Yeah, Soulseek is good for music that isn't fucking awful.

Yeah, Soulseek is good for music that isn't fucking awful.

I couldn't find shit like Zeppelin on Soulseek when I tried it a couple years ago. I believe it was you who recommended it to me.

What are you, retarded? You can find Zeppelin at any given hour on there. Were you not connected? You have to hit "Connect."

Ugh, who rips at 112? I like VBR. That seems to be the best bet.

Also, people who arbitrarily ban you are kid of annoying. I don't really use Soulseek much anymore.

What else is good besides soulseek anyway? I do use bit torrents, but it seems like a lot of the time I'll download something and then it will require me to sign up to something to get a password to open it. I manage, but if there's any other good sources for music, I'd like to know.

Back when I was making a lot of money I'd just buy whatever I wanted, but I'm kinda not anymore.

www.shareminer.com is good. It finds the RARs that people post.