TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMann2003

American Gladiators

Did anyone else watch BJJ guy in Powerball and go "he's not winning this"? Never mind that his opponent would've blown him away in the Eliminator regardless, but if you're on this show and you're unwilling to even get touched in an event where you're gonna get hit, you're fucked.

I really hope they listen to feedback to make changes for this next season. They need to get rid of Hogan and Ali for smarter more low key hosts. They need to stop telling the contestants to act and push a story. They need to get rid of Hit and Run. The first two things are key, because right now I'm fast forwarding every single thing that's not an actual part of competition.

I really hope they listen to feedback to make changes for this next season. They need to get rid of Hogan and Ali for smarter more low key hosts. They need to stop telling the contestants to act and push a story. They need to get rid of Hit and Run. The first two things are key, because right now I'm fast forwarding every single thing that's not an actual part of competition.

Actually, I think Hit and Run is a good "Crunch Time" event. It allows you to rack up some points if you play well. That being said, it's not one of my favourite (UK) Gladiators events. I actually thought that Pole-Axe would be a natural given the use of water instead of crash mats now. Shows you what I know.

As for Hogan and Ali, having them do interviews is fine, but it's kind of wasted to have both of them because they also have PBP Guy. Better yet, just axe them and get someone else (like maybe Shauna Hiatt, unless she's burned bridges with NBC) to do it.

Now that they've got the renewal, I hope that they add in more events, and toss in some time penalties on the Eliminator. It's got to take no time to set up stuff like Breakthrough and Conquer or Whiplash.

As Mik and others have said, they need to get rid of the contestant gimmicks. The cowgirl from a couple weeks back especially got on my nerves with her feeling the need to do a little ho-down after every event. Also, the "positive message" crap that these contenders blurt out every episode is getting really bad. "It wasn't looking good for me back there, and I knew I had to reach down and grab that extra something inside! You have to believe in yourself and persevere!" Fuck you. Venus from the first episode was the worst perpetrator of this.

The contestants seem like they are really coached on what to say. They all blabber about their families or ramble about how they like a monkey or a fucking mongoose or something. It's cool for the gladiators to have over-the-top personalities but it's silly when the contestants get in on the act as well. Also far too much trash-talking and self-hyping.

If I were them I would cut out most of the interviews and do canned video pieces, showing them sporadically throughout the first half hour. Interview them only when something dramatic happens. (Like they dominate an event) We don't need every bozo every time talking about how their kids inspired them, and the trash talking is just insipid, the kind of shit you would expect on a show like Elimidate. "She may be a cowgirl but Ima gonna knock her out the saddle and bring home the bacon!" Yay.

I'm all for bringing back Breakthrough and Conquer. Crush going MMA in the Conquer ring would bring forth some awesome moments.

Gotta love how the 46 year old was just a few seconds behind on the final 4 qualifying time (which she didn't know) and PAUSES before she crashes through the last wall. Do you even care to advance?

You can't advance if you don't win in the eliminator.

Everybody knows the one event they really need to bring back: Human Cannonball. If nothing else, they can get more mileage out of Hellga that way, because right now, she's only useful in three events. I also co-sign the "bring back Breakthrough and Conquer" sentiment.

Gotta love how the 46 year old was just a few seconds behind on the final 4 qualifying time (which she didn't know) and PAUSES before she crashes through the last wall. Do you even care to advance?

Uh, she did win. That's the weird part. The other girl spent 2-3minutes on the 1st wall.

I'm all for bringing back Breakthrough and Conquer. Crush going MMA in the Conquer ring would bring forth some awesome moments.

I'm pretty sure pulling guard in Conquer would get the Gladiator DQ'ed immediately.

Uh, she did win. That's the weird part. The other girl spent 2-3minutes on the 1st wall.

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I think that she might have panicked and still not qualified had there been a clock showing her time live.

Ohhhhhhh ya...... I remember what you're talking about. Ya, I wondered the same thing. Maybe there was some way they show how much time they have left.

American Gladiator Power Rankings:

http://livefromtherussiancompound.blogspot...r-rankings.html

They don't include Monday's so maybe Militia can move up a little bit. I previously thought he blew but he impressed me in the Earthquake. I appreciate someone else having too much time on their hands to put this together because I find it interesting to read.

American Gladiator Power Rankings:

http://livefromtherussiancompound.blogspot...r-rankings.html

They don't include Monday's so maybe Militia can move up a little bit. I previously thought he blew but he impressed me in the Earthquake. I appreciate someone else having too much time on their hands to put this together because I find it interesting to read.

Wolf only @ 4...

:(

Put your flame shields on Jaques.

He does have a point though. They need to let the Gladiators cut more promos so we can see more of their personality/personnas.