TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

Raw 1.7.08

So whats up with Kennedy and Regal with the fake tans? It looks like Kennedy was sweating orange.

Haas' gimmick soulded so much better on paper. The kid just can't pull it off, having the charisma of a lamp post.

It would have been better if the announcers would have put the gimmick over how it sounded on paper. If we haven't heard of it or saw it on Heat, we have no idea what the fuck he's doing. How simple would it be for them to pass along that he recently declared he would not let entertainment get in the way of his wrestling?

That was the first RAW that I have watched in over a year and I must say....that show sucked donkey balls. The good main event doesn't save a shitty show. The "dress as the guy your wrestling" match was dumb as fuck. The women's match was garbage. God forbid the women look good AND wrestle a real match, nope can't have that. It was just to get a returning Ashley over, and she looked like shit. Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong kicked that match's ass. The HHH/Regal match was bearable at best. JBL vs Jericho was shit and didn't do much to get me to care about their RR match. People shit on TNA for stupid shit but WWE gets away with some of the shit they did last night? If it's shit, it's shit and last night was shit!

Mmmhmm....so you happen to choose the one gimmick RAW out of the year (RAW Roulette, and yes, I'm aware there were a few other 'gimmick' shows, but you get the point) and base the opinion solely on that? In case you didn't realize, it's not every week that the females have a match with a bed in center of the ring, it's not every week that opponents switch clothes, and not every week where there's a strange bedfellows match (that's TNA >_>) where Haas, and Murdoch, who have no connection whatsoever team up.

And I don't see how the JBL/Jericho stuff didn't build to the RR. Maybe it didn't get you, excited, but for a match that was basically over Jericho being pushed into JBL, they've gotta build it to a convincing 'hate match' somehow, and I'm sure this has done the job.

So whats up with Kennedy and Regal with the fake tans? It looks like Kennedy was sweating orange.

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I was pretty sure the mat was going to be stained.

That segment last night was a great one, in building up the JBL/Jericho feud. It was an old school type of heel beat down. Maybe you are deaf, but JBL was getting huge heat. And don't try to pull the "It's X-Pac heat" schtick, because it clearly wasn't.

As far as anyone who got offended...you need to get a life. The thought of Chris Benoit didn't even cross my mind during that segment. To suggest someone can never get choked out on TV again because of that is being pretty near sighted and silly. I'm sure 99.9% of the audience watching didn't even make that connection. If you are offended by something like that, watching wrestling, you should have quit watching years ago, because there have been plenty of bigger things to get truly offended about. Wrestling isn't supposed to be PC, though.

you're totally right about JBL getting tremendous heat from that segment - it was really good to finally hear the fans DO something during a Jericho segment. However, I am one of those guys who really did feel the strangling was offensive and tasteless, but not thanks to Chris Benoit at all. Seeing one person get choked helplessly while nobody comes out to help until he's turned cherry red - that's pretty deplorable. I get it though, couldn't have done the segment if it had ended too quickly, but I feel there could've been something else done without making me and the group I was with feel extremely uncomfortable.

What JBL did to Jericho had zero to do with Benoit and banning chokes because of Benoit is stupid. I want to see guys get choked out since I'm watching wrestling. I'm sick of all the tip toeing around the Benoit murders. I'm over it. Hollywood doesn't stop doing films involving death when an actor dies and the NFL doesn't ban kick/punt returns when somebody breaks their necks.

I'm surprised some aren't pretending to be offended because Charlie Haas is trying to pull off a gimmick too close to the Blue Blazer.

you're totally right about JBL getting tremendous heat from that segment - it was really good to finally hear the fans DO something during a Jericho segment. However, I am one of those guys who really did feel the strangling was offensive and tasteless, but not thanks to Chris Benoit at all. Seeing one person get choked helplessly while nobody comes out to help until he's turned cherry red - that's pretty deplorable. I get it though, couldn't have done the segment if it had ended too quickly, but I feel there could've been something else done without making me and the group I was with feel extremely uncomfortable.

I did point out in the chat how funny it was that no one was coming out to help Jericho by the time JBL had dragged him near the scaffolding. At least a couple refs could have run out, and JBL could have pushed them down, or something.

That's one thing that WWE is pretty silly about...in the old days, if a babyface was getting beat on, at least a couple jobbers would come out at first and try to stop the heels, before finally some bigger names would run out and break things up. In modern WWE, heels just mercilessly beat the crap out of people for extended periods of time, while no one comes to help.

well Jericho doesnt actually have any on screen friends right now, so maybe thats why. then again would you really like to see Trips =come ou tto save Chris?

I also made the Benoit connection to the choking, if only cuz it involved Jericho. I was waiting for JR to confuse the two again and say "JBL is choking the life out of Benoit"

Ashley was looking HOTTER?

Was there a different feed I'm not getting?

Looked like she lost way too much weight everywhere and the fakeness of her breasts really stood out. That was horrifying.

lol I was yelling that out to her at the house show last fri. I also yelled "Ashley, it's called a sandwhich, you should eat one" also tried to get a "tranny" chant going (thats what the wrestlecrap guys call ashley, cuz they thing she looks like a tranny). I'm not saying I think she looks like a man I just use th enickname afater listening to wrestlecrap radio all the tilme) I didnt notice the pink highlights in her fri, but maybe she got them over the weekend.

but in the match, why did the other face divas allow ashley to win, it was everyone for themself in the match. and if its a "pillow fight" then how does a pinfall win the match?

as for why Foley is there, remember his wwe contract (mentioned in his lastest book) states that he must do 2 ppv matches/appearances per year plus any number of tv shows needed to build to that. which is why he came back in the wwe title match at Vengeance last year, then was a ref possiblity at cyber sunday and then had a match against coach on sd. this is just his 1st of 2 matches for this year.

and funny to see that lawler messed up the name of the move, instea dof JR (who for some reason now always remembers to call the "whisper in the wind"

Loved the way Triple H won the First Blood match, just pounding the shit out of Regal's face 'til he bled. Anybody know the last time somebody won a FB match without using a foreign object?

Loved the way Triple H won the First Blood match, just pounding the shit out of Regal's face 'til he bled. Anybody know the last time somebody won a FB match without using a foreign object?

I thought HHH had the brass knux on? my bad.

Guest Pythagoras

The blade job was barely noticeable even watching it in slo-mo. Gotta appreciate that sleight of hand.

That was the first RAW that I have watched in over a year and I must say....that show sucked donkey balls. The good main event doesn't save a shitty show. The "dress as the guy your wrestling" match was dumb as fuck. The women's match was garbage. God forbid the women look good AND wrestle a real match, nope can't have that. It was just to get a returning Ashley over, and she looked like shit. Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong kicked that match's ass. The HHH/Regal match was bearable at best. JBL vs Jericho was shit and didn't do much to get me to care about their RR match. People shit on TNA for stupid shit but WWE gets away with some of the shit they did last night? If it's shit, it's shit and last night was shit!

Mmmhmm....so you happen to choose the one gimmick RAW out of the year (RAW Roulette, and yes, I'm aware there were a few other 'gimmick' shows, but you get the point) and base the opinion solely on that? In case you didn't realize, it's not every week that the females have a match with a bed in center of the ring, it's not every week that opponents switch clothes, and not every week where there's a strange bedfellows match (that's TNA >_>) where Haas, and Murdoch, who have no connection whatsoever team up.

And I don't see how the JBL/Jericho stuff didn't build to the RR. Maybe it didn't get you, excited, but for a match that was basically over Jericho being pushed into JBL, they've gotta build it to a convincing 'hate match' somehow, and I'm sure this has done the job.

I'm usually working on Monday's, but I took a sick day so I decided since I was home to put it on. I know that stuff doesn't happen every week. I didn't say the Jericho/JBL DIDN'T build towards RR, I just stated that it didn't do anything to get ME interested in their match, and I've been a Jericho fan since his ECW days.

I'm usually working on Monday's, but I took a sick day so I decided since I was home to put it on. I know that stuff doesn't happen every week. I didn't say the Jericho/JBL DIDN'T build towards RR, I just stated that it didn't do anything to get ME interested in their match, and I've been a Jericho fan since his ECW days.

Raw is consistently bad.

Canadian Destroyer bitching about WWE... blah, blah, blah... TNA rules and WWE sucks, blah, blah, blah... Yeah, we got it...

Raw is consistently bad.

And your posts consistently suck.

Canadian Destroyer bitching about WWE... blah, blah, blah... TNA rules and WWE sucks, blah, blah, blah... Yeah, we got it...

Raw is consistently bad.

And your posts consistently suck.

Ha!