TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for 1/10

Xplosion:

*ODB & Jackie Moore defeated Angelina Love & Velvet Sky.

Impact:

*The Motor City Machineguns defeated Senshi & Elix Skipper.

*Judas Mesias defeated Chris Harris.

*Petey Williams & Sonjay Dutt defeated VKM. Scott Steiner came out during the match and switched briefcases with Petey. Petey abandoned Dutt because of it, but Dutt scored the pin after VKM had a disagreement.

*An announced match between Robert Roode and Ms. Brooks did not take place as Jim Cornette wouldn't allow it. Cornette threatened to suspend Roode, but then said he wouldn't because he wanted to give Booker T a chance to get revenge. Brooks was attacked by Roode's "number one fan."

*LAX defeated Jimmy Rave and Lance Hoyt.

*The Angles have an in-ring coronation naming AJ Styles their "Prince." Christian Cage interrupts and it goes back and forth on the mic until Samoa Joe hits the ring.

*Awesome Kong defeated Gail Kim to win the TNA Knockouts title in what was described as a "good match."

Xplosion:

*ODB & Jackie Moore defeated Angelina Love & Velvet Sky.

The audience: "O-D-B! O-D-B!!"

The booking committee: "Oh my god, someone's getting over... something must be done to stop this!"

*Petey Williams & Sonjay Dutt defeated VKM. Scott Steiner came out during the match and switched briefcases with Petey. Petey abandoned Dutt because of it, but Dutt scored the pin after VKM had a disagreement.
I know it's an old wrestling tradition for the heels to steal the babyfaces' stuff. But: 1.since when is Steiner a heel? and 2.even if Scott did make off with Petey's briefcase, so what? Are we supposed to believe that Cornette would just get amnesia and not remember who won which title shot? and 3.ANOTHER person abandons their tag-team partner?!

*An announced match between Robert Roode and Ms. Brooks did not take place as Jim Cornette wouldn't allow it. Cornette threatened to suspend Roode, but then said he wouldn't because he wanted to give Booker T a chance to get revenge. Brooks was attacked by Roode's "number one fan."

How fucking long has the fucking Roberte Roode and fucking Traci Brooks angle gone on now? What is it about Roode that screams to the writers, "book this guy in nothing but incoherent, long-ass storylines which stretch out senselessly for months and months and never draw a dime!" I mean, come on, how long have they had Rain sitting in the audience as the "fan" now? Three months, at least?

Cornette came out and announced Joe vs. Cage vs. Styles for next week with the winner challenging Angle at the Against All Odds PPV. If AJ wins, he has the choice of forfeiting the bout and letting Angle get away without defending the belt for two months.
So Cornette is just fine with the World Champion sitting on his ass and not defending the belt once for two months?

*LAX defeated Jimmy Rave and Lance Hoyt.

*Awesome Kong defeated Gail Kim to win the TNA Knockouts title in what was described as a "good match."

Two direct rematches from the PPV. And the fans who PAID don't get to see the title shot, it's on free TV. Fucking brilliant.

TNA has developed a bad habit of doing that. After BFG they had some momentum and then did rematches of the top PPV matches on free TV and undid all of the good stuff that PPV accomplished. Now they are doing it again.

If TNA was to somehow die in the next year or so, I think Bound For Glory 2007 will be the show people point to as the show that showed they had everything, but just couldn't put the package together for any length of time.

Isn't TNA's contract with Spike expiring this coming October? I think TNA might have a hard time getting it renewed after the shit they've churned out on the shows.

Isn't TNA's contract with Spike expiring this coming October? I think TNA might have a hard time getting it renewed after the shit they've churned out on the shows.

IF the ratings haven't suffered, why would Spike care about the quality? All they care about is results. They get good ratings, whether you like it or not.

The show looks okay, but I like the mainevent for next week, and that the women's match got the mainevent slot. It's been the best thing on TNA besides Christian and Angle.

And WWE doesn't have rematches from PPVs where the challenger wins the title on a free show? Title changes on free TV haven't happened for WWE in a long time (I'm not counting tag titles since WWE doesn't care about those). WWE has rematches of PPV matches all the time the night after. I think people just look for something to bitch about TNA for. God forbid there is a title change on TV. I know when I ordered the PPV I didn't have to see a title change for the Women's title. Give it away on free tv, it shows that anything can happen so why not tune in.

And WWE doesn't have rematches from PPVs where the challenger wins the title on a free show? Title changes on free TV haven't happened for WWE in a long time (I'm not counting tag titles since WWE doesn't care about those). WWE has rematches of PPV matches all the time the night after. I think people just look for something to bitch about TNA for. God forbid there is a title change on TV. I know when I ordered the PPV I didn't have to see a title change for the Women's title. Give it away on free tv, it shows that anything can happen so why not tune in.

I'll give you that one. It gives fans incentive to watch the TV shows, thinking they could possibly see a title change. I can also understand the frustration in those that paid for the PPV, only for the title match to happen again on the next TV taping, and a title change to happen. It's one of those double-edged sword situations.

Basically, it's a very sheep-ish mentality on message boards. It's like TNA can't do anything without someone trying to get their "cool points".

I will say that a title change the night after a PPV (with the same two competitors the night before), could lead to people feeling a bit ripped off if they ordered the show.

This was from the WO spoilers:

Petey Williams & Sonjay Dutt b VKM. Williams walked out on Dutt but Dutt pinned B.G. anyway. Dutt also killed SoCal Val to build the Dutt vs. Lethal program

I admit I don't follow TNA very closely but it sounds like Petey is being a heel by walking out on Dutt, who is then being a heel by beating up a female valet. What did any of that accomplish besides doing another R:TPTDGA segment?

I will say that a title change the night after a PPV (with the same two competitors the night before), could lead to people feeling a bit ripped off if they ordered the show.

That's my point. TNA charges you $30 to see this match, and there's no title change. Then it has a rematch the TV taping the very next night, and then the belt changes hands? I'd be pissed off if I'd bought that show.

It's not just a matter of having title changes on the show, it's which title changed. When's the last time the heavyweight belt switched hands on free TV? (No, the time when the belt was "held up" doesn't count.) The secondary championships tend to change ownership on free television much more often than the world title, which does rather expose the whole process.

And yes, the WWE does it too. It's not cool when they do it either. Why do so many TNA fans try to use that excuse to defend it? It doesn't excuse you from doing something bad when someone else also does something bad.

I don't think anyone who watched the Kong/Kim match on ppv fealt cheated in the least.

They rocked the shit out of that match.

Plus...I would have thought Kong was taking the title, so seeing Kim overcome the odds was, to me, the bigger cooler ending.

Also...I really dig that they were rewarded with being the main event on the next show...with the inevitible change taking place.

As I recall, Xpac made a career out of jobbing on PPV, only to get his win back on TV, when a much larger audience was watching. Not that I condone it, but...

The only thing that vexes me about the title change is that it seems to cheapen the Gauntlet match: Kong had two consecutive title shots on PPV, where she failed to win, and then was assigned the #4 contender ranking after the Gauntlet match... so how did she manage to get a rematch before the three ranked ahead of her?

I'll give you that one. It gives fans incentive to watch the TV shows, thinking they could possibly see a title change.

Huh? Back in the dying days of WCW your were almost always guaranteed a title switch whenever your tuned in to their free TV programs, and that did nothing to increase their viewership.

As I recall, Xpac made a career out of jobbing on PPV, only to get his win back on TV, when a much larger audience was watching. Not that I condone it, but...

Do you have any examples? For the life of me, I can't remember him doing this. Maybe with Kane?

And I'm really starting to think Senshi quitting TNA is a work.

Do you have any examples? For the life of me, I can't remember him doing this. Maybe with Kane?

Dixie Carter offered any wrestler who wanted out of their contract that option. While Senshi is not under contract, he is still performing on a per-appearance basis.

I think he did it with Kidman and Tajiri in 2001. No, wait... he actually lost to Tajiri on TV but beat him on PPV. Huh.

WO.com's annonymous spoilers note this is Senshi's last show.

I'll give you that one. It gives fans incentive to watch the TV shows, thinking they could possibly see a title change.

Huh? Back in the dying days of WCW your were almost always guaranteed a title switch whenever your tuned in to their free TV programs, and that did nothing to increase their viewership.

WCW was changing champions on an almost weekly-basis. For a while in early 2000, it seemed the World Title changed hands at least 3-4 times a month. Teasing or following-through with a title change on free TV, is a little different than actually having a title change nearly every week. Although with TNA, they seem to be just as guilty when it comes to the X-Division Championship.

How about Lethal chasing Sabin for months over the X-Division belt. He finally won at a PPV, dropped it to Joe the next night at the iMPACT tapings, then Joe dropped it again a couple weeks later.

When you think about it, both companies aren't really all that different.

That was also 7-8 years ago...

Apparently, Awesome Kong was accompanied to the ring by another woman that was all wrapped up in clothing like a woman from the Middle East. If the bit of news I read is correct than this woman was no other than Cheerleader Melissa!

Alright, one thing that I actually enjoy in TNA, is JB's connection with Angle.

I don't know why, but it's incredibly funny (when it's not overly corny) and just the thought of a superstar with an announcer in his back pocket, is pretty cool. Of course The Rock always had Cole, and Coach, to joke on, but I don't think I've ever seen a case, where the announcer pretty much idolized the person. (And showed up to the arena with him lol)

Petey Williams & Sonjay Dutt b VKM. Williams walked out on Dutt but Dutt pinned B.G. anyway. Dutt also killed SoCal Val to build the Dutt vs. Lethal program

I admit I don't follow TNA very closely but it sounds like Petey is being a heel by walking out on Dutt, who is then being a heel by beating up a female valet. What did any of that accomplish besides doing another R:TPTDGA segment?

Alright, Killed is a hell of a typo from Kissed.

He didn't KILL her. He KISSED her. Duh.

I have the worst luck when I flip to Impact. Two weeks ago I managed to only catch the segment where they talked about how good the ratings where for the Christmas gimmick show (cabbageboy summed up that segment quite nicely). This week I flip over and JB is asking AJ if he farted.

I like how they are building up the Knockout's match with all the wrestlers talking about the match going into the breaks.

That was a pretty good match. Hell of a powerbomb to end it.

I don't believe there was any need for anyone to be at ringside though. They couldn't just introduce her next week or something?