TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

TSM Poster Tournament 2008: Nomination Space

Oh and my list:

1. Mole (I didn't get a vote and since I "own" the board, might as well.)

2. Smues

3. Marv

4. Youth

5. KOAB

6. metr0man

7. Milky

8. Carny

9. Matt Young

10. bob barron

OKAY STOP LISTING PEOPLE I'M DONE DOING THAT SHIT NOW

I'm gonna sort out the singles first and then we'll go from there. 43 people are locked in, with 21 spots left for 39 people. My selection committee (again, mostly me) will determine which weaklings will be culled from the herd.

I'm the T-rex.

I'm blaming my eventual loss on my puny arms.

"Pass the potatoes? My arms are fucking useless!?"

I'm still a fucking T-rex.

OKAY STOP LISTING PEOPLE I'M DONE DOING THAT SHIT NOW

I'm gonna sort out the singles first and then we'll go from there. 43 people are locked in, with 21 spots left for 39 people. My selection committee (again, mostly me) will determine which weaklings will be culled from the herd.

Your check is in the mail

I've got it down to 65. One more person gets the guillotine.

Suzyn_waldman.jpg

This is rough.

I've got it down to 65. One more person gets the guillotine.

Suzyn_waldman.jpg

This is rough.

you better not leave socksquatch off the list or there will be hell to pay, my friend. HELL TO PAY!

Socksquatch is locked in at like a 5 seed, you guys.

-------------

Okay, the brackets aren't set, but I have 64 people who can go for the title of TSM's Poster of the Year. It was cool to have such a great and long list of posters, but unfortunately, brackets, like love, will tear us apart again. The following nominees, for varying reasons, were deemed to have fallen juuuuuuuuuust ever-so-short of the cutoff. Nothing personal, you're all still my bros, but I'm beholden to 2 to the 6th power here. You know how it is. Here are the people who missed the cut:

Anti Leaf

Boon

ChrisWok

Coffin Surfer

Enigma

FroGG_NeaL

HarleyQuinn

JangoFett4Hire

JHawk

Kotzenjunge

LJsexay

metr0man

Niskie

NoCalMike

Ortonsault

redbaron51

Your Paragon of Virtue

Zack Malibu

The rest of the people whose names were listed are in. I'll have brackets and seedings posted in the future. Thanks for a fun first day of Poster Tournament '08! Love ya, board!

Here are the people who missed the cut:

Ortonsault

Fuck the heck, man? I was nominated 3 times: by myself, Carnival (yeah, I saw before you deleted it), and KingPK. Additionally, I wrote half your fuckin' TSMpedia page, Czech. (The good parts, not those last four lines!) And you repay me this way? Go fuck a tire iron.

Here are the people who missed the cut:

Ortonsault

Fuck the heck, man? I was nominated 3 times: by myself, Carnival (yeah, I saw before you deleted it), and KingPK. Additionally, I wrote half your fuckin' TSMpedia page, Czech. (The good parts, not those last four lines!) And you repay me this way? Go fuck a tire iron.

PK didn't post a list. HE HAD TO POST A LIST. I didn't copypaste lists that weren't lists. I made myself clear. Carnival deleted it, not me. I still like you, though. Let's be friends.

Guest Vitamin X

YPOV could have had a strong showing, he's really come on strong to the rest of the board in the past year. I'm surprised him, HarleyQuinn, and Boon were shoved off the list. Even NoCalMike didn't. This is probably his first year of not being nominated- much like the Washington Redskins! No matter how many times they made the playoffs, no one seems to notice nor care whether they're there or not.

Milky is the New England Patriots of this tournament, having a record-breaking year in posting and a dominating performance in every thread. Plus, he's universally liked, and it's pretty shocking he's never won before. Also of note that not a single SSJ has won before (except for Kotz and Czech, but I don't really count either since both interact with the board at large more often).

I love all the nominations, guys. Especially from a poster I like as much as godthedog, who sadly would get much stronger consideration in this if he was around more often.

I was lying on the grass of Sunday morning of last week, indulging in my self-defeat...

This lyric, to me, just seals your victory.