TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Netflix

Any interest in doing the "friends" thing on Netflix? I have a couple and occasionally see some movies that I didn't know existed or that look interesting on my friend's queue.

I don't see why not. Although it's a shared account, so stuff like Disney movies, bad 50's sci-fi, and Pollyanna type stuff will come up from time to time.

Any interest in doing the "friends" thing on Netflix? I have a couple and occasionally see some movies that I didn't know existed or that look interesting on my friend's queue.

I've got a split account. You'll find quite a bit of wrestling on it though.

Yeah. Let's you leave notes that others can read about a movie. Compare ratings etc. KingPK for example and I are 63% similar while Al and myself don't seem to have anything because he hasn't rated much and probably only wrestlin'. :)

Wow... list of stuff I watched ion Netflix from November 21-December 31, 2008 is as follows. Most was because they were removing the stuff I wanted to see, but keep in mind that I didn't even watch anything on some days:

(Netflix November 21, 2008-on)

Watched on Instant:

1. Dan In Real Life

2. Slap Shot: 25th Anniversary Edition

3. They Live

4. Lethal Weapon

5. Lethal Weapon 2

6. Lethal Weapon 3

7. Newsies

8. Heroes Season 3, Episode 11

9. Mad Max

10.Superman: Doomsday

11.Logan's Run

12.A Clockwork Orange

13.Natural Born Killers

14.Single White Female

15.Casualties of War

16.Crimson Tide

17.Ghostbusters

18.Ghostbusters II

19.Airheads

20.Risky Business

21.A Time To Kill

22.Red Dawn

23.Close Encounters of the Third Kind

24.Invasion of the Body Snatchers

25.The Fifth Element

26.Passenger 57

27.The Sum of All Fears

28.Beetlejuice

29.Jerry Maguire

30.Waterworld

31.Flatliners

32.Of Mice and men (1992)

33.The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)

34.JFK (Special Edition)

35.The Evil Dead

36.Dirty Harry

37.Magnum Force

38.Little Shop of Horrors

39.Driving Miss Daisy

Watched on DVD:

1. Iron Man

2. Tropic Thunder

3. Hancock

4. Wall-E

5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

6. The Dark Knight

7. The X-Files: I Want To Believe

8. The Godfather

9. 24 Season 1 Disc 1 (Episodes 1-4)

TV Shows watched via DVD/websites (November 2008-on):

1. The OC Season 1

2. The OC Season 2

3. The OC Season 3

I think I'm getting the weirdest pair of Netflix I've gotten in my two and a half years of using the service tomorrow. Sam Fuller's controversial racist dog movie White Dog and The Jamie Kennedy vanity documentary Heckler.

Let's open up the floor, what are some of the weird pairings of movies that you guys have gotten on Netflix or at any ol' video store?

A couple of you have friended me now, and I was amused to see that we are scored as 70% compatible all around.

Movies I've watched on Netflix (since September):

Curb Your Enthusiasm Seasons 1-3

Drillbit Taylor

This Film Is Not Yet Rated

Weeds Season 3

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanimo Bay

Lars and the Real Girl

Smart People

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Baby Mama

Into the Wild

Penn and Teller: Bullshit! Seasons 1-2

Recount

Ringu

Untraceable

Rashomon

Dexter Season 2

In Bruges

John Adams HBO Series

Flight of the Conchords Disc 1

Fred Claus

Tropic Thunder

Step Brothers

Wanted

Burn After Reading

On instant:

Weeds Seasons 1-2

Dexter Season 1

Penn and Teller: Bullshit! Seasons 4-5

The Office Season 1 (working on Season 2 now).

30 Rock Seasons 1-2

Sleeper Cell (first 3 episodes)

Water Lilies

Jeff Dunham: Spark of Insanity

No End in Sight

The Amateurs

An Evening with Kevin Smith

The Comedians of Comedy: The Movie

Comedians of Comedy: Live at the El Rey

Blue State

Shut up and Sing

Ratatouille

Meet the Robinsons

The Boondock Saints

Find Me Guilty

Cashback

Postal

Dan in Real Life

The Grocer's Son

Anyone use FeedFlix? It's a site that calculates your Netflix usage and gives statistics like the average time a disc is at home and the cost per rental.

On average, I rent 14 DVDs a month and watch 24.3 titles on Instant. I keep discs on average of 6 days and my cost per DVD rental is $1.21. If you factor in the Instant viewing, it drops to $.44 putting me in the 13th percentile of Netflix users.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh man, I'm awful with Netflix these days. I'm on the 2 at a time plan and I watch 1.7 DVDs a month and 3 Instant. I keep titles at home for an average of 12 days, but that's really a misnomer because before I moved to Oregon or rather, before I was a senior in college and have had most of my free time pretty much killed off (and not as interested in watching a zillion movies a day like before) I always remembered to return Netflix movies on Wednesday nights/Thursday morning so I'd get another one for the weekend. Now I think I probably keep the DVDs a couple weeks or even up to a month at times.

Thanks for the link, PK. I just signed up. Now, before you read my results, keep in mind that before I got Netflix, I rarely watched any movies. Now I use Netflix AND have an HD DVR, so I watch even more than what's listed here:

You have been a Netflix member since November 2008 and have returned 21 titles to date

You most recently returned a movie on 27/Feb/09 i.e. about 19 hours ago

You keep titles at home for an average of 5 days

You see 6.7 titles by DVD and 39.7 titles by Instant Watch each month

You've indicated that you are on the 1 at-a-time (Unlimited) plan which costs $8.99/month

I don't know where it gets the 5 days average. I usually watch a movie the day it comes in and send it back the next. I understand that it calculates the time from when the movie ships to when it's received back at the Netflix place, but that should only be 3 days, not 5.

I would say that I have done well, considering that from May-September last year I was keeping things out for weeks if not months at a time.

You have been a Netflix member since January 2008 and have returned 199 titles to date

You most recently returned a movie on 27/Feb/09 i.e. 1 day ago

You keep titles at home for an average of 7 days

You see 31.3 titles by DVD and 2.3 titles by Instant Watch each month

It looks like you are on the 6-at-a-time plan which costs $35.99/month Wrong Plan? Fix it!

Your cost/DVD rental is $1.15. Your cost/movie (including Instant Watch) is $1.07

You're in the 28th percentile. i.e., 28% of FeedFlixers pay less than you per movie

You have been a Netflix member since May 2004 and have returned 59 titles to date

You most recently returned a movie on 27/Feb/09 i.e. 3 days ago

You keep titles at home for an average of 10 days

You see 6.7 titles by DVD and 28.7 titles by Instant Watch each month

It looks like you are on the 3-at-a-time plan which costs $16.99/month Wrong Plan? Fix it!

Your cost/DVD rental is $2.55. Your cost/movie (including Instant Watch) is $0.48

You're in the 14th percentile. i.e., 14% of FeedFlixers pay less than you per movie.

I was only a member for a month in 2004, I didn't rejoin permanently until late August 2008.

They apparently are going to introduce streaming video only subscriptions later in the year, so you could just switch to that.

Speaking of, I have another link for everyone: http://instantwatcher.com/. I go there mostly to see what's new and what's expiring, but it also lists the Instant library in a lot of different ways (including best and worst rated) and, IMO, is a bit easier to navigate. If you are signed in to your account you can play and queue videos from there as well.