TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH Boston/Jersey Weekend

1/11 Boston

The ULTIMATE Ultimate Endurance

Elimination match with the first fall being a Tag Team Scramble, the second fall with the remaining three teams is No DQ, the final fall between the last two teams is for the ROH World Tag Team Titles:

ROH World Tag Team Champions Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black with Lacey vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Jack Evans & Jigsaw with Julius Smokes & Mercedes Martinez vs. Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer with Shane Hagadorn

Bryan Danielson Vs Brent Albright

FIP Heavyweight Title

Erick Stevens Vs Austin Aries

Necro Butcher Vs Kevin Steen

Roderick Strong Vs El Generico

Ruckus Vs Claudio Castagnoli

Delirious Vs Sal Rinauro

SHIMMER Match

Daizee Haze Vs Alexa Thatcher

Also: Jason Blade/Kenny King, Pelle Primeau, Erine Osiris

1-12 New Jersey

Anything Goes Brawl

Briscoes Vs Necro Butcher and Tyler Black

FIP Heavyweight Title

Erick Stevens Vs Bryan Danielson

Austin Aries Vs Claudio Castagnoli

Jimmy Jacobs w/ Lacey Vs Jack Evans w/ Mercedes Martinez

Brent Albright Vs Kevin Steen

Jigsaw Vs Roderick Strong

Mike Quackenbush, Delirious and El Generico Vs The YYR of Kenny King, Sal Rinuaro and Jason Blade

BJ Whitmer and Shane Hagadorn Vs Bobby Fish and Eddie Edwards

I MIGHT go the the Jersey show tomorrow. Quack is the biggest draw for me but the whole card looks pretty damn fresh and awesome. I might be stuck doing homework though, so it's unlikely. I hate winter class.

It'll be interesting to see how they book Stevens vs Danielson.

King & Blade over Primeau & Edwards **3/4

Haze over Thatcher (Heart Punch / Mind Trip Combo) *1/2

Claudio over Ruckus (Ruckus missed the backflip Claudio caught him in the big swing and European for the win) ***!/4

Puder over some jobber not a student (NR) (Leg Submission)

Danielson over Albright (Triangle Choke) Great match ***3/4

Steen over Necro (Package piledriver on a chair after a brutal chair shot and just a brutalbrutal match) ***3/4

Intermission

Delirious over Rinauro (Cobra Stretch) **1/4-**1/2

Strong over Generico (gibson driver) ***1/2

Aries/Stevens to a double CO Stevens had them restart and he finished Aries with the doctor bomb ***3/4-**** Awe some match back and forth all the way just really really good great great

Jigsaw out after an Albright half nelson, no dq sees bj and jimmy take out spikes and have a standoff and then they spike the briscoes awesome tease spikes and both briscoes bleedin brutal double teamin on the briscoes by both teams briscoes take over on bj , mark brings out a ladder tall one from man up sets up on outside mark snuka dive from the top of the ladder on bj 123. briscoes v. aotf for the belts. AOTF after a contracode from Jacobs followed by a Phoenix Splash from Black great great match ****1/4

Stolen from the ROHBoards

The big news seems to be Stevens getting a clean victory over Aries. Aries has been on a real tear these last few months, it doesn't seem right for Stevens to be able to beat him in my mind.

The 2 matches last week, took a lot out of him, and he lost momentum with losses. While Stevens is a new champion, so his momentum is high right now. Makes sense that he loses to a guy like Stevens right now.

Main Show

1) The YRR of Sal Rinauro, Jason Blade, & Kenny King defeat Delirious, El Generico, & Mike Quackenbush when Delirious was hit with a crutch and Jason Blade got the pin. Good opener.

~All of Sweet & Sour Inc. with the exception of Bobby Dempsey are in the ring. They announce the $1000 Daniel Puder submission challenge. First up is Alex Payne, and he's submitted quickly. Rhett Titus is next, and he's done in 30 seconds.

~Larry Sweeney announces that Chris Hero and Sara Del Rey are now the Intergender World Tag Team Champions. They will defend the belts against Ernie Osiris and Alexa Thatcher. The belts are a joke.

2) Chris Hero & Sara Del Rey squash Ernie Osiris & Alexa Thatcher to retain the "Intergender World Tag Team Championships".

3) Roderick Strong defeats Jigsaw when he made him tap to a new submission. It resembled a backwards Figure 4.

4) Jimmy Jacobs defeats Jack Evans by submitting him to the Guillotine Choke.

5) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Austin Aries after two Ricola Bombs. Aries was playing heel throughout the match.

~Claudio calls out Puder and says he wants to take Puder's $1000 challenge. Claudio puts up $1000 of his own money to take on Puder. Puder can not make Claudio tap, so Sweeney attacks Claudio with a chair and steals his money to end the first half.

~INTERMISSION~

6) BJ Whitmer & Shane Hagadorn defeat Bobby Fish & Eddie Edwards after a Whitmer powerbomb on Fish.

7) Kevin Steen defeats Brent Albright with the Package Piledriver. Good match.

8) FIP World Heavyweight Championship: Erick Stevens defeats Bryan Danielson following a restart. Just like last night, the match ended via countout and Stevens has it restarted. He PINNED DANIELSON with a Doctor Bomb. (then I died a little inside).

9) The Age of the Fall vs. Briscoes brawl ends in a no contest. Jay got injured during a spot with a ladder and EMTs came out to attend to him. The Vulture Squad (Evans & Jigsaw) came out and brawled with Black and Necro. Apparently this became the match, as Jack won with a springboard 630. Nothing else said about Jay.

Jay Briscoe is injured. He took some spot in a ladder where Jacobs came off the top of another one on him. EMTS rushed out. The Vulture Squad (Jigsaw and JAck) came out and brawled with the Age of the Fall. Jack pinned one of them after a 630.
Bix is going to be angry, about this...Rightfully so, I might add. I give him a lot of shit, but he seems to stick to his guns, so I respect that.

He got hurt from a splash (which is what the wording of that sentence indicates) not exactly a dangerous spot in comparison to the other stuff these guys usually do. It's unfortunate but injuries are prevalent in this business. Jay didn't continue the match.

He got hurt from a splash (which is what the wording of that sentence indicates) not exactly a dangerous spot in comparison to the other stuff these guys usually do. It's unfortunate but injuries are prevalent in this business. Jay didn't continue the match.
Well they can learn how to work, and don't have to do ladders spots every chance they get. They also don't have to be so stiff, I know they make a living off of this, but I'm pretty sure if they tone it down, they won't sell any less DVD's

Yeah! He needs to learn how to work! I swear, sometimes Jigsaw works so stiff, I just cringe, he oughta tone it down!

Oh and Hero and Del Rey > The Briscoes.

Hero and Del Rey will have ALL the titles in ROH by year's end.

I attended the Friday show and it was absolutely tremendous. I was expecting another event like Dedicated (solid, yet missable) and instead we got another Death Before Dishonor V Night 1 (fantastic main events capping off a solid undercard).

Yeah! He needs to learn how to work! I swear, sometimes Jigsaw works so stiff, I just cringe, he oughta tone it down!

And then they'll resurrect the Pure Wrestling Title and have Sweeney claim possession of it, just because they can.

And then they'll resurrect the Pure Wrestling Title and have Sweeney claim possession of it, just because they can.

Of course, the story line will see Sweeney use that fact that Hero is the first "grand slam" champion in ROH history, and he deserves to be paid more.