TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFC Championship: Packers vs. Giants

Does anyone know the pre-season odds for the Packers making the SuperBowl?

I heard the odds for them winning it were 70-1 earlier this week.

As far as the Packers odds of making the SB, Id say they were probably better than NYG and SD.

Back in the preseason, very few (almost exclusively Packers fans anyway) even picked them to make the playoffs. Everybody was going with the Bears (because they were good last year), and the Packers would either go 8-8 or worse (because that's what they had done the previous two seasons).

Trying to think what would be a more riveting win for the ol' Pats. That cough cough week 17 win over the NYFGiants was exciting, and

seemed to spark the Giants. So, I think it would be a good game for the Pats to win. Plus, they'd beat a Manning in the post-season.

OTOH, beating a legend like Bret Fav...ruh would be the icing on this most magical season. Their best bet would be to merge teams

and see if they can beat the Pats.

As far as the Packers odds of making the SB, Id say they were probably better than NYG and SD.

Back in the preseason, very few (almost exclusively Packers fans anyway) even picked them to make the playoffs. Everybody was going with the Bears (because they were good last year), and the Packers would either go 8-8 or worse (because that's what they had done the previous two seasons).

I just think theyd have been better odds than SD (Norv Turner doing what Marty couldnt?) or NYG (tough division, Eli Manning winng a big playoff game?)

Oh, it's definitely the Packers. The Parcells era was the precursor and foundation for the Belichick/Brady dynasty, and we definitely remember losing to the Pack in 96. I can't think of anything better than getting revenge on Favre and maybe even retiring him in the process. That would be pretty fitting.

Oh, it's definitely the Packers. The Parcells era was the precursor and foundation for the Belichick/Brady dynasty, and we definitely remember losing to the Pack in 96. I can't think of anything better than getting revenge on Favre and maybe even retiring him in the process. That would be pretty fitting.

Where's Desmond Howard? One trick pony.

I think just about every expert had SD and NY on their playoff-prediction list. Green Bay - few, if any.

Green Bay's huge success throughout the season has completely overshadowed the fact that practically nobody thought they would even make the playoffs.

Where's Desmond Howard? One trick pony.

Pretty good trick, though!

TEE HEE.

Due to the unfortunate diversity of the board's Packer fanbase, snuffy here will be taking the brunt of any anti-Wisconsin cracks in the forthcoming days

Guest NYankees
I think just about every expert had SD and NY on their playoff-prediction list. Green Bay - few, if any.

Green Bay's huge success throughout the season has completely overshadowed the fact that practically nobody thought they would even make the playoffs.

Giants were predicted to go 8-8 for the season.

Giants were predicted to go 8-8 for the season.

If they'd gone 8-8 instead of 10-6, they still would have had a chance to make the postseason.

Guest Warriorfan

The rematch between The Giants and The Patriots is the best game the NFL could have. There is no way The Giants are going to Lambau and lose and The Patriots should beat whatever version of The Chargers that show up next sunday.

Eli, should have at least 2 seasons of being untouchable by the local media off of this SuperBowl run.

The rematch between The Giants and The Patriots is the best game the NFL could have. There is no way The Giants are going to Lambau and lose and The Patriots should beat whatever version of The Chargers that show up next sunday.

Eli, should have at least 2 seasons of being untouchable by the local media off of this SuperBowl run.

The Pats will beat the Giants worse than the Ravens did in SB 35 (34-7) .

Does the NFL really need a Boston/NY rivalry to completely overshadow everything else like baseball?