TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFC Championship: Packers vs. Giants

Hey, while we're here - am I the only Giants fan who thinks we should trade Shockey and go with Kevin Boss as the primary TE?

Yes.

I'm probably the only Red Sox fan who wants the Giants to win.

This feels more like the 1998 season, when an amazing Vikings team completely choked and gave a shitty team who had no business keeping the game close in the first place, to lead to a complete assraping in the Super Bowl.

At least Vikings fans have this- I'll never make fun of them for that game again.

That Vikings team was much better than this Packers team. They still have to live with the fact that they were the best team never to make the Super Bowl.

If you're talking strictly records, there's also the 2004 Steelers, though at least they lost to the eventual champion dynastic Pats instead of a fuckin one-year wonder Falcons team

Well, I'm probably not watching the Superbowl this year. It's a lose-lose situation. It's funny though, because I was rooting so hard against the Giants tonight, but come the 3rd I'm gonna be their biggest fan.

No, douchebag, the biggest fan is probably WATCHING THE FUCKING GAME.

Wow, ok..I didn't realize this was such a sensitive subject..or that you were PMSing this weekend..either way, I'm going to be rooting for the Giants whether I watch the game or not because I hate the Patriots so god damn much.

Best team not to make the Super Bowl

Another one is the 1987 49ers who went 13-2 and lost to the WC Vikings in their only postseason game

I HATE the best team lost argument. It doesn't matter because the BEST team tonight was the Giants. If you win, you are better at that moment. Maybe not in the over all scheme of things, but right now, the Giants are better.

Guest Vitamin X

Well, like I said, I hope New York doesn't just turn out to be a flash in the pan and can actually muster something up with all that they've accomplished. Maybe only a 14 point loss instead of 28?

Best team not to make the Super Bowl

Another one is the 1987 49ers who went 13-2 and lost to the WC Vikings in their only postseason game

See... there's something to be happy about!

The 87 Vikings were also a Darrin Nelson dropped pass away from potentially beating the eventual champion Skins and delaying black quarterback-ness in the SB for another 12 years

Guest Warriorfan

The Patriots were playing for the perfect season while the Giants had absolutely nothing to gain and The Pats barely escaped with a 3 point victory. Why would The Giants get blown out after beating the best the NFC had to offer at their homefield in pretty decisive fashion?

The Giants will win. They played The Pats the closest with the exception of The Ravens, they have more than a chance.

I can't really say the best team lost because watching the game the Giants just SEEMED like the better team tonight. I thought they would still blow it somehow, since the idea of a mediocre 10-6 team in the Super Bowl going against the 18-0 Patriots is horrible. But man, Green Bay just couldn't do shit in the 2nd half.

Here's how I felt about it: It wasn't that the better team lost, but it's just the wrong result. I don't begrudge the Giants success next year, but I just don't think they're a Super Bowl caliber team and at best they can muster a Rams/Steelers from 1979 effort and keep it close before losing late. Let's face it, this Giants team is the 2nd worst team ever to go to the Super Bowl.

I don't think either the Packers or Giants can beat the Patriots, but I did at least want to see Favre have his shot at it. The end of this game was sort of sad really, with Favre sucking hard and throwing a terrible INT that cost them.

It'll definitely be a close game.

The Pats tradition of failing to cover the spread will continue, especially if it stays in double digits

Let's face it, this Giants team is the 2nd worst team ever to go to the Super Bowl.

Worse than the Chargers in 94? Pats in 86? Giants in 01? Falcons in 98? Pats in 97?

really, given the record and point differential, this actually is the second worst team ever to make a SB

I'm not discounting them for that though

The Patriots were playing for the perfect season while the Giants had absolutely nothing to gain and The Pats barely escaped with a 3 point victory. Why would The Giants get blown out after beating the best the NFC had to offer at their homefield in pretty decisive fashion?

The Giants will win. They played The Pats the closest with the exception of The Ravens, they have more than a chance.

Are you drunk? The Cowboys were better than the packers this season, and you guys barely escaped w/ a win in Dallas.

I didn't think the Giants could win, but they did.

However, I'd argue this game was more or less Green Bay beating themselves. CONSTANT penalties (I think one sequence saw them get the line for the same thing three/four times in a row without a play being done), abandoning the run, and Farve reverting for whatever reason. But good for the Giants. They proved me wrong.

However, I don't see how a 18-0 New England team is going to lose. I never cared who made it from the NFC. New England was not going to lose. This really changes nothing because Green Bay would have lost to them as well. Dallas would have. Seattle would have. Anyone who won the NFC would and will lose. You litterally have a team that is playing for something that NO other team has ever done against a team that is *just* playing for the Superbowl. There's also the fact that New England beat the Giants, and please don't use that "Giants had nothing to play for!" line because they played to their BEST in that game. And still lost.

For as much hate as New England gets, I'll be rooting them on. I want to see history. I've said that from like...week six. I want to see a team go undefeated. So I'll be the only person online doing so, but I will be rooting them on.

Guest Warriorfan

Are you drunk? The Cowboys were better than the packers this season, and you guys barely escaped w/ a win in Dallas.

I am completely sober and If I were drunk I would still remember The Giants locking down The Cowboys for almost the entireity of the second half.

The Patriots escaped a few losses themselves. I am sure The Packers and The Boys wished they had won by less than a touchdown on their homefields.

People have been looking at stats and not watching the actual games, from the idiocy of The Giants being an underdog to Tampa Bay, to the pundits having Dallas win in a rout.

If you're not drunk, then you must be smoking some sort of super-drug.

The Cowboys beat you twice in the regular seasons, then completely sonned you for most of the playoff game. 10+ minute drives and all.

Just quick thoughts on last nights game...I didn't comment last night because I was too numb after seeing the Packers lose last night to bother getting on the internet. It was the Packers' game to win at multiple times last night, and they let the Giants take it. Favre didn't look really stellar, and the constant penalties were ridiculous.

Congrats to the Giants. I hope they give the Patriots a good fight.

Just quick thoughts on last nights game...I didn't comment last night because I was too numb after seeing the Packers lose last night to bother getting on the internet. It was the Packers' game to win at multiple times last night, and they let the Giants take it. Favre didn't look really stellar, and the constant penalties were ridiculous.

Congrats to the Giants. I hope they give the Patriots a good fight.

Yeah, I'd say that Favre didn't look really stellar. He sucked balls is a better way of putting it.

Pretty much...I don't think he's the only one you can point the finger at, though. Both the offense and defense made plenty of mistakes. I do think some of the play calling seemed odd, as well.

Still, if you had told me at the beginning of the season that the Packers would make the NFC Championship game, I would have probably laughed.

Now we get to sit through at least a couple months of "Will Favre come back or not?" reports on every TV and radio station.

Giants WR Steve Smith, mocked the fans and spit on the Lambeau Field logo during the post game last night. Classy.

Move over TO and Minnesota Randy Moss, there is a new sheriff in town!

Good thing you added that last part. I love the Packers, but I know damn well they didn't deserve to win that game. Even if they had snuck it out in OT.

I don't hate all packers fans. Just him. He's been a fucking prick since the Cowboys lost to the giants last week, it's good to see him suffer.

Oh, I've been a fucking prick longer than that.

These things happen in professional sports. I'm happy as shit one day, the next I feel like Owens looked last week. Whatever.

Guest Vitamin X

You mean like Plaxico talking shit to the Packers' bench the whole game?

These guys are from New York, what could you expect?