TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cock Ring Warehouse

CORRUPTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

Suddenly, the whole drive is inaccessible. What do I do. How fucked am I.

Cavalry CAUE37250. It says that there's a hard drive attached, but when I try to open it from Mr Computer, it says that the drive is corrupted and inaccessible, and that's as far as I can get. Usually when this happens, I restart the computer, it runs CHKDSK, and everything is back to normal, but now it's not even doing that.

Q: When I connect my new hard drive to the computer, it's not being detected by my computer. I can find it in the device manager but not in disk manager. What do I do?

Please follow the steps to check the drive's condition.

1. Make sure the USB cable and the power adapter are properly plugged in.

2. When the device is connected to the computer, on the lower right hand corner of your screen, a message “USB Device Found” will pop up.

3. If the message doesn’t appear, then most likely either the USB cable or the USB port is defective.

4. If the message does appear then the next message that will appear will say, “Your Device is ready to Use”

5. If you don’t see the drive in My Computer, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> on the left panel, click on Disk Management. The drive should appear on the right hand side’s bottom panel, if not, it means the drive is formatted with a pre-assigned letter {A:, B:, C:, etc.) which is in conflict with your existing devices. Format the drive again.

6. The device will appear on the right hand side’s top panel.

7. Now you can assign a drive letter and see the device in My Computer

8. If the drive doesn’t show up on the right hand side’s bottom panel, and the USB cable and power adapter are plugged in properly, then most likely the hard drive is defective.

9. If the drive is defective, please go to http://www.cavalrystorage.com/RmaRequest/rmarequest.aspx to request a RMA Number.

This help?

Cavalry CAUE37250. It says that there's a hard drive attached, but when I try to open it from Mr Computer, it says that the drive is corrupted and inaccessible, and that's as far as I can get. Usually when this happens, I restart the computer, it runs CHKDSK, and everything is back to normal, but now it's not even doing that.

Is it grinding at all?

Is it grinding at all?

I have two external hard drives i can't access. Both make grinding noises. Any idea what's going on with them?