TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier Cromartie

American Idol (season 7)

Schedule:

15 January: 2 hours of Philadelphia auditions.

16 January: 2 hours of Dallas auditions.

Other audition cities (1 hour each):

San Diego, CA

Charleston, SC

Omaha, NE

Miami, FL

Atlanta, GA

Amalgamation episode

12 February: Hollywood episode.

13 February: Semi-finalists selection.

19 & 20 February: Semi-finals begin.

11 March: Top 12.

21 May: Finale.

Links:

http://www.americanidol.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_7)

http://www.votefortheworst.com/

http://www.dialidol.com/

I'm not sure if it's on tonight but this morning on my radio station they played one audition. A guy came in with a song to sing to Paula and it was telling her how he'd break into her house and try on her underwear.

I'm not sure if it's on tonight but this morning on my radio station they played one audition. A guy came in with a song to sing to Paula and it was telling her how he'd break into her house and try on her underwear.

If she was a bathtub, he'd cork her...

Yeah, that song just got creepier and creepier as it went along. Oddly, when he first spoke with a breathy "hiii Paula" I thought "He sounds like a stalker". Funny how right I was. Did he honestly think he was romantic??? Thats the even creeper thought.

I liked the Star Wars geek. Her song started out alright. With a bit of training, perhaps she'd be even better. I like that they edited her rant over the ending when she was basically speaking the truth.

Kristy Lee Cook

Already some debate about her since she already had a record deal (Britney's country label) and will likely get heat for her confederate flag waving videos.

There's debate about a lot of the people who made it through this year.

Am I the only person who thought that Alexis Cohen is made for the WWE? Come on, some of those ladies would KILL to be able to deliver a speech like that.

I think they are goin to start pushing Kristy to win and try to create another Carrie.

Did anyone else think that Milo guy's "No Sex" (or whatever) song sounded like it could've been some weird early '80s punk tune? I was amused by it.

If she was a bathtub, he'd cork her...

Yeah, that song just got creepier and creepier as it went along. Oddly, when he first spoke with a breathy "hiii Paula" I thought "He sounds like a stalker". Funny how right I was. Did he honestly think he was romantic??? Thats the even creeper thought.

I liked the Star Wars geek. Her song started out alright. With a bit of training, perhaps she'd be even better. I like that they edited her rant over the ending when she was basically speaking the truth.

Did anyone else think that Milo guy's "No Sex" (or whatever) song sounded like it could've been some weird early '80s punk tune? I was amused by it.

Both of these guys are local Philadelphia singing comedian types. That's the problem with Idol now. They let through people who are just trying to suck/be weird. It's never honest anymore. Although, I thought that the stalker song was pretty funny, especially when he said "shut up Simon, you're ruining the moment". But yeah, neither of those were honest auditions.

Also, the editing is getting a bit out of control now. This is the first time I noticed something so blatent, but the girl in the pink dress who kind of yelled her song came in wearing two earrings, sang with one and then amazingly was wearing two again. Yeah, nice cut job there Fox.

I think they are goin to start pushing Kristy to win and try to create another Carrie.

If she makes it semi-far, she can probably parlay that to an EliteXC or BodogFight contract...

btw, I love how they play around with the backstories. According to that MySpace profile, Kristy actually lives in Dallas, and hasn't lived in that log cabin for a "few years".

Slave Leia guy managed to do two things: destroy every guy's Slave Leia fantasy and caused most people to wince with the bumper shots of him getting waxed.

The last guy was surprisingly good. Kept going through all their encouragement, and could even belt it out. Seems the only thing that really got in the way was the accent.

I was waiting for them to make a 'The only thing in Texas are steers and queers' joke. And, they did! Well, in a way. "Wow, a guy in a dress, ha ha ha, thats funny! Thats LOL! Lets put it on screen!" Hey, some of them were hot. I don't mind saying so.

Nail Biter Dude especially. Cute, and psycho, and he could sing. He has my vote.

Whats with all the blondes this season? Or the random, tear-filled histories? Okay, that last isn't too out of the ordinary. But it seems so pointless. "I was on meth. And I'm a mom." Gee, I wonder if she'll go through. Oh, she did. Color me surprised. Please.

Also, could they have humped Kelly Clarkson any more in the past two hours? Goodness.

That Drew farmer dude... yeah one of the Final Five... he fits in line with what America wants.

So, Hot martial arts chick can be your Clarkson, Underwood, or whatever.

Drew fits in with the country aspect, not as unpolished as Buckey, and seems like he could clean up into something decent, they'll shape him into it.

All they need is their Bo Bice, Daughtry type of person, maybe something new... probably an emo chick, yeah they'll go with that. Also can't forget overweight black chick who can belt out the tunes.

Hmm, forgot about that... so I wonder if they'll have a new type of character to introduce?

Can't forget that they always need a cute young chick who they can't believe that she's actually in this. I'll say a 16 year old this time around, probably Hispanic background.

They need to go ahead and re-chirsten the show 'America's Next Top Carrie Underwood'.

Meth girl Jessica Brown was fascinating. "When I first started singing again, I sang "Jesus take the wheel so I can take a hit off this pipe quick.

Did Virgin Boy actually say that he planned on having his first kiss at the altar? I was waiting for Simon to ask him but how many boys have you kissed? his dad hugged him just a tad too long there's something not right with that family.

his dad hugged him just a tad too long there's something not right with that family.

Anyone can look not right on camera, especially when put on the spot. Didn't help that their preview before commercial made it seem like the two were boyfriends then, oh gee, they're family! I thought it was rather sweet and refreshing to see a guy wanting to wait.

"Simon goes down on a lot of people"

This show doesn't know how to handle a good joke when it's RIGHT THERE! I mean, at least do a shot of Ryan doing a "well...yeah" face or something.