TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier Cromartie

American Idol (season 7)

Chiekeze was great and David Archuleta's performance actually gave me chills (still does just listening to it, not watching on AI.com)

Archuleta's performance was one of those that were pretty good in spite of absolutely destroying everything that people love about a song.

I really didn't think that there was a true blow away performance last night. I think two of Robbie, Jason and Luke are going to be eliminated.

My blind prediction on the women will be that Amanda and one of the blondes go home.

I am baffled as to the hype behind Archuleta's performance of Imagine last night. In fact as it began I actually thought "Man, he is butchering this..."

And by the way, All by Myself is originally by Eric Carmen. Celine Dion's first album was in 1990.

Danny was safe, thats all I cared about. I voted for him constantly on Tuesday. Was pissed off until Thursday, as DialIdol had him pegged to leave. Turns out, DI was waaaaay off; Robbie was third below David A.

Whats with all the crying this season? Its so phony; so incredibly obvious that all the girls are faking it, trying to force tears out.

The one chick did a Chicago song....I flat out knew 100% she was gone after that shit. I have a seriously dislike for Chicago (the band) and apparently others feel the same way.

so Danny is this years "guy who most can't stand and think will be cut every week, but lasts way too long" or as it has been renamed "The Sanjaya Spot"

for me the guy I can't stand so far is Luke, and he didn't even get cut.

last weeks shows were pretty brutal. The contestants are just not connecting with the songs they sing and that may be due to how young most of them are. But I would think after a while and some seasoning, they will get better. Too bad fox doesn't want too much guest judges anymore, cuz I think they really help the contestants behind the scenes.

My early fav is David A. Then again I always like someone who most don't (ie Phil Stacey last Year, "Creepy" Scott Savol, etc) so this is a first for me, liking an actual favorite to win.

Danny has already been called Sanjaya with better talent. Not by me, on another forum I go to. I actually think he needs to cut out a bit of the flamboyance and focus on singing.

I can honestly see accidentally hitting on Danni Noriega after a night of heavy heavy drinking...he's THAT pretty!

I thought that the guy's version of "Hello" was really good tonight and the other guy's version of "Hallejuah" was good by Idol standards. As you can see, I haven't bothered to learn any names yet.

Meh, he's not really a hippie. He's what we used to call a "hempie". We deemed anyone who went to Phish shows in a $40,000 car their parents bought them to be this. That's what he reminds me of.

We lost audio here during the entire performance of "Hello." I was wondering while it was going on if it was a national issue, but I guess not. That would probably have led to a redo like they had a few years back when they gave out the wrong numbers.

Meh, he's not really a hippie. He's what we used to call a "hempie". We deemed anyone who went to Phish shows in a $40,000 car their parents bought them to be this. That's what he reminds me of.

You know what really bothers me? Is that a lot of the time, Castro talks like Allyson Hennigan in American Pie. I keep expecting him to talk about that one time, in band camp...

you know you're too gay when Yuna says you're too gay!

I'm the authority on what is "too gay"? Well, okay then.

What does Yuna do now that David H. apparently worked as a gay stripper? That's a conflict of interest.

I...don't care? Honestly, I don't. I only heard about it last night on Entertainment Tonight (mom's show, not mine). The supposedly "news" bit was advertised so much (OMG HE MIGHT'VE GIVEN LAP DANCES! ... TO GUYS~!) that by the time they actually discussed it, it was like 'uhm, okay, and...?' So, he worked as a stripper. Thats nice. We all have to make a living somehow.

I do find it amusing that Idol paired, for lack of a better term, Danny and David H. They advertised their spots before cutting to commercial and I said "So, we have the princess and the stripper coming up next? Cool."

Also, who else caught Ryan's "Purple highlights? I totally didn't notice! <3" to Danny? Danny's response was rather amusing, mainly for Ryan's completely taken-by-surprise expression following.

Lushus, I assume you mean Against All Odds there? If so, I agree. That chick is gone after doing it.

yeah, I don't know what it is about that particular song, but no one ever gets it right.

okay what the FUCK was Paula doing on Simon?

It took me a bit to figure it out, but she was feigning sleep while Randy was reminiscing about Journey. Since it's Paula, it looked more like she was snuggling with Simon.

Ramile didn't do Against All Odds very well, but it's a stretch to say that she's gone based on that performance. If you were to say that she's gone because she's Asian and doesn't have all of Hawaii voting for her, then I'd concede that possibility.

If it weren't for her off-stage personality and looks, I'd say Kady would be a lock to get her shipping papers. I'd say Asia'h, Ramiele, David H, and Luke will depart. I'm more confident with regards to the men and the girls are a crapshoot.

Ramile didn't do Against All Odds very well, but it's a stretch to say that she's gone based on that performance. If you were to say that she's gone because she's Asian and doesn't have all of Hawaii voting for her, then I'd concede that possibility.

of course Starvenger has the asian bias going on :P

of course Starvenger has the asian bias going on :P

Gotta represent, y'know? :cheers:

All that aside, she actually IS a good singer and deserves to stick around. Kady and Katie, not so much, but probably only Kady goes so I think Asia'h goes too.

DialIdol has Syesha, Kady, Luke (with a score of 0)and David H as the B4.