TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2008

Woops, sorry guys, I've had a ton of work the last couple days and forget to check the board. Might as well have some fun with my floating pick:

besos.jpg

Eva Longoria.

.......oh, woops, I'm sorry.

tb_rays_longoria300.jpg

Evan Longoria, 3B.

Guest Vitamin X

Are you guys sure we can't just rid ourselves of guys who obviously aren't really part of TSM any more like Popick and Slappy? This would make everything move a heck of a lot faster.

Did anyone kick him a pm? To be fair this is his first pick so he may not realize it is time to start checking for the beginning of his draft. Obviously everyone should be checking, but I won't kill him if it slipped his mind given he is one of the few teams to have no early picks.

Also, there are still two teams who haven't signed into the league yet.

I just sent him a pm incase no one else did.

We had some really quick picks from the end of Round 4 up until where we're at now. He probably didn't realize it had gotten so far that soon. We're doing pretty well on time I think. We shouldn't have a problem getting the draft done prior to opening day.

Since MJ's pick was pending because he went over the 24 hour time limit, Stephen Joseph technically went on the clock immediately following Cena's pick.

From what I can tell, the two people that haven't registered in the yahoo league are Precious Roy and Stephen Joseph. I could be wrong though.

League ID: 14896

Password: tsm

Are you guys sure we can't just rid ourselves of guys who obviously aren't really part of TSM any more like Popick and Slappy? This would make everything move a heck of a lot faster.

Just settle down, there's no need to "rid yourself' of anyone. I'm here, I said I had a couple hectic days of work that precluded me from being online much at all even if I was still a regular poster. I enjoy the league (that's why I ran it last year) and will be active with it. Krankor handled the situation appropriately with the 24 hour rule. Last year we didn't institute that rule until late in the draft (and this was with only 4 keepers per team) and we went days sometimes without a pick. This thing is moving good.

I've been watching this thread for awhile. Sorry bout the clock thing

Carlos Delgado, 1B, Mets

Oh, and if I'm no longer welcome round here since I'm not very active (damn my job), please let me know if you give my team away...I've done pretty damn good for 2 years

I did sign up on yahoo just now

I've been watching this thread for awhile. Sorry bout the clock thing

Alex Gordon, 1B/3B, KC Royals

Oh, and if I'm no longer welcome round here since I'm not very active (damn my job), please let me know if you give my team away...I've done pretty damn good for 2 years

Gordon was already taken by Vern Gagne in the 4th round.

I'll go right ahead and make my pick then since Im still up

beltre_002.jpg

Adrian Beltre 3B

My new plan is to have Braun play OF when he eventually gets OF eligibility since he'll be in LF for the Brewers and have Beltre, who was solid for me last year play 3B, this giving me Adrians on the corners..hmm and 2/3rds of the Brewers OF. I might need to look into Mike Cameron for the full OF! Too bad there are no more Adrian's in Yahoo's player database either..

We aren't going to rid ourselves of anyone. People tend to get busy with work or family obligations that happen to pop up unexpectedly. That's life. We aren't gonna boot someone just because they got busy or because they aren't an overly active poster anymore. That's just ludicrous. Stephen and MJ are damn competitive members of the league and are typically in the playoff contention every season.

The only time we ever actually have to rid ourselves of someone is if they absolutely just vanish and never return.

If you want someone to be aware that its there pick shoot them a pm. I have my pm's set up so I get an email to my main email account. Most if not everyone has there's set up like that. Just send them a pm if you noticed they haven't checked the board in a few days.

Moving on... treble very well might have gotten an incredible late 5th round draft pick. I was really hoping he might fall to the next round when I get to draft, but I knew it wouldn’t happen. If Jones does anything close to what he did 2 years ago and gets that average back up to acceptable levels, he's gonna be a huge steal at round 5.

Moving on... treble very well might have gotten an incredible late 5th round draft pick. I was really hoping he might fall to the next round when I get to draft, but I knew it wouldn’t happen. If Jones does anything close to what he did 2 years ago and gets that average back up to acceptable levels, he's gonna be a huge steal at round 5.

I picked Jones in the first round last season. I had him on my keeper list, but I couldn't justify losing a first round pick over him, so I swapped him for Frank Thomas essentially justifying it like trading up in the NBA draft (Jones for a 1st round and Thomas), and I thought about picking him back up the last couple picks, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it after the maddeningly disappointing season he had most of last year.

Yeah, no way you could warrant keeping a .222 batting average in the first round.

If he can get back to .260, I think that's good enough to make him not completely kill your OBP and still get you a ton of power production.

Guest Vitamin X
We aren't going to rid ourselves of anyone. People tend to get busy with work or family obligations that happen to pop up unexpectedly. That's life. We aren't gonna boot someone just because they got busy or because they aren't an overly active poster anymore. That's just ludicrous. Stephen and MJ are damn competitive members of the league and are typically in the playoff contention every season.

The only time we ever actually have to rid ourselves of someone is if they absolutely just vanish and never return.

If you want someone to be aware that its there pick shoot them a pm. I have my pm's set up so I get an email to my main email account. Most if not everyone has there's set up like that. Just send them a pm if you noticed they haven't checked the board in a few days.

Yikes, sorry for the suggestion. I was only saying that because Popick and Slappy haven't been active on TSM outside of this to my knowledge, so this was news to me that they hung around just for this. So, I thought that they did indeed just vanished and hadn't returned, although of course my flaw in logic there doesn't make sense since they must've reported for duty earlier in the thread.

Anyways, I've got a nice plan for a team laid out so far, looks like it's still coming together nicely. I'm a sleeper kind of guy, worked out well for me in the TSM NBA H2H League, except for the fact I got frustrated with them to develop and dropped a bunch of them. Now I'm trading for some of them back, go figure.