TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2008

I have held off on taking this guy long enough, so, with my tenth round pick, I select:

br-14609.jpg

Orlando Cabrera, SS.

Hopefully, old age and playing for the White Sox won't cause too many negative effects for him.

And....Vern Gagne PMed me to post his pick, so here you go. I even went through the trouble of finding the local newspaper's Spring Training coverage just to get a pic in his Marlins uniform. That's dedication.

35791294.jpg

Andrew Miller, SP

This guy was a major bust for me last season, but I need a SS, he's been on my radar the last couple rounds, and at this point I can't pass him up. Here's hoping he doesn't bat .230 again!

Stephen Drew, SS, Arizona Diamondbacks

stephen-drew.jpg

Guest Vitamin X

puUEpTlu.jpg

Willy Taveras, OF likes to steal bases and dance jigs. This time, he's dancing because he's the newest member of the Portland Wet Sox.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh, whoops. How did I miss that? Crap. (The Oliver Perez, not Taveras- I just mistyped that).

Oh well.

I will go ahead and pick:

lester_strike_out_cancer1.jpg

The Heavenly Jon Lester, SP.

Guest Vitamin X

By the way, there are several guys on my team I will be open to trading when the season opens up. Lots of great prospects on my team thus far. Just to let some of you guys know.

Guest Vitamin X

Out of curiosity, does anyone else think it might be a good idea to avoid anyone mentioned in the Mitchell Report in general? Again, I'm pretty much a baseball newbie at this point, especially compared to everyone else at TSM, so in my view I thought something bad would happen to those named. I've avoided a few selections based on that.

I've done that in other leagues. There haven't been any players named in the Report that I've needed in this league.