TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2008

Due to the one month time warp the board took earlier, I'm gonna repost all of the picks that happened during it.

King selected...

Mark Ellis, 2B

postgame_081606.jpg

Precious Roy selected...

Melky Cabrera, OF

melky_box.jpg

Krankor selected...

Scott Rolen, 3B

captf690765a9c134e75a90xt7.jpg

Guest Vitamin X

With the next two picks the Portland Wet Sox select...

chris_carpenter_041006.jpg

Chris Carpenter, SP

Might be an injury risk, and not very playable for a while, but worth it in my eyes. Especially in a keeper league.

ian-kennedy-dorothy.jpg

Ian Kennedy, SP and Cross-dresser

I agree, but it seems like we go through this every year and we always end up finishing on time. I realize we have a little less time this year, though, with the Japan games starting the season earlier.

Yeah, we're in the longest rounds of the draft right now. There aren't very many keepers in these rounds. I think we are still ok with time. Just be sure to pm whoever is next each time you are finished with your selection. If you know you might not be around, pm your pick to someone else. The pace has slowed down a lot though...

I agree, but it seems like we go through this every year and we always end up finishing on time. I realize we have a little less time this year, though, with the Japan games starting the season earlier.

I'm not sure those games count...Krankor, can you tell us whether this is the case?

I'd be fine with shortening it to 6-8 hours.

I know there's a handful of us (including yours truly) who are constantly hovering over the thread. If you're worried about your pick being sniped, you could always PM it to somebody outside of the draft who hangs around the board frequently (or PM somebody like Al)

Looking back at the past week we've barely made any progress. Alright let's get this shit moving, following St. Gabriel's pick the time is gonna get cut down to 8 hours per round.

We'll see how much that speeds it up. If it isn't helping I'll cut it down to 6 hours for the following rounds. If people are still taking the full time limit it still isn't gonna help. We need to get back to getting a minimum of 6 to 8 picks per day. We've got 116 picks left and about 18 days left. More than likely people are gonna get skipped at some point.

Normally I am in the thread pretty regularly so feel free to send picks to me. I have Cartman's pick I also may not be on a lot tonight so I'll probably forward Cartman's pick and my pick to Harley since he's drafting after Cartman and prior to me.

Guest Vitamin X

Thanks, Krankor. Hopefully that'll help as well, since I'm another one of the guys constantly hovering over the thread.

I agree with this move, but what happens overnight? If the guy in front of me makes a pick at 10PM and I come back in the morning to find I've been skipped by 5 guys, I'm going to be pissed.

I sent a pm to everyone in the league so that everyone knows about the change.

I also think next year we should change the time limit to either 18 or 20 hours. It's not a big change but it's enough to keep the draft moving along a little better I think. If no one is opposed I'll just add it to the league rules so that it doesn't get forgotten.

I agree with this move, but what happens overnight? If the guy in front of me makes a pick at 10PM and I come back in the morning to find I've been skipped by 5 guys, I'm going to be pissed.

If you think you might end up with a pick in the middle of the night, early morning, or some time you know you never can get to the computer just send whoever drafts after you your pick. Since you have 2 picks really close to each other just send a pick to Vitamin X and another one to St. Gabriel for your follow up pick. That way you may not be online for any of your picks but you technically wont' get skipped and you'll still get exactly who you want.

I also think next year we should change the time limit to either 18 or 20 hours. It's not a big change but it's enough to keep the draft moving along a little better I think. If no one is opposed I'll just add it to the league rules so that it doesn't get forgotten.

I didn't get a PM so others might not have gotten it either. I agree with the move, the pace is ridiculously slow now and I forgot all about the early Japan games.

I didn't get a PM so others might not have gotten it either. I agree with the move, the pace is ridiculously slow now and I forgot all about the early Japan games.

I tracked all of the pm's and there was a pm sent out to you. It is listed as unread. As long as everyone knows about the change that's what is important.