TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2008

Guest Vitamin X

You've gotta be kidding me if you really meant that Pujols is "damaged goods".. even recovering from an injury, he's still one of the top 5 players in baseball. Samattawitchu?!

You've gotta be kidding me if you really meant that Pujols is "damaged goods".. even recovering from an injury, he's still one of the top 5 players in baseball. Samattawitchu?!

Call me crazy for not wanting someone that everyone knows has a bum elbow. Im also convinced that by July when the Cardinals are 20 games out of first he'll probably decide to call it a season and have surgery on his elbow if its hurting him bad enough. He could be one of the top 5 players in baseball but he's useless for fantasy purposes on the DL (and yes, I know he can be DL'ed and I can pick someone else up to replace him (ha!). I also knows its a keeper league and he'd more than likely be back next year..but Im not playing for next year...I think I can win this year.

Guest Vitamin X
Made you an offer, VX. I dislike doing 2-1 deals but maybe you'll like the 1-1.

Hey, I reconsidered, so I made you the same offer, if you're still interested in making that trade.

Made you an offer, VX. I dislike doing 2-1 deals but maybe you'll like the 1-1.

Hey, I reconsidered, so I made you the same offer, if you're still interested in making that trade.

I nixed it. The original deal was Youks for Manny although I'm not sure how willing you'd be to part with Manny now.

Man, what the fuck. ALL of my bench players are out of commission. Good thing I got a ton of innings already, or I wouldn't make the limit, with Lowry being out too, and all.

My pitchers were horrible cept for Bedard. I need to dump Zito, no fucking clue what I was thinking drafting him. I need a good outing from Vazquez to maybe save some face pitching wise this week. My offense was good though.

At this point I'm desperately hoping I can reach the minimum inning limit.

I grabbed Kason Gabbard just to get some innings in after remembering that Petit is in the bullpen. I'm hoping my relievers can salvage 8-10 IP between all of them.

Guest Vitamin X
Hey VX I'm still mulling over your trade. I need to a contingency plan for 3B myself first.

I thought you had passed it over already. I am in the process of trading Ellsbury for Casey Blake (desperate times call for desperate measures, I know..) so if you're still interested in the package I offered you minus Ellsbury (but maybe plus Blake?) that could work for both of us, if not we could also work something out with some other players. Let me know.

EDIT: Alternatively, I could ask Krankor to cancel the trade in a "protest" if you decide you want to do the trade with Ellsbury instead. Like I said, I had just assumed you weren't interested after the long response time.

And, man, oh MAN my pitching is AWFUL. The only guy who pitched at all for me this week for Jon Lester, and he gave up 9 runs in that game, so that put me at an ERA of 9 for the week. Yuck.

Guest Vitamin X

Marvin, I was going to make you an offer for Beltre but you said you weren't interested in anyone on my team. If this doesn't still hold true, make me an offer and we can work something out.

Note to self: Unless Ian Stewart makes a jump to the majors anytime soon, draft high for the infield next year. Yikes, this has been a headache. And I had to give up the probable rookie of the year just to get a stopgap solution there.

I can put the trade through right now if you guys would like. It seems more than fair to me. I don't see any reason why it would get protested.

All I have to say is...

23ed26ea3ec394721fbe2bcsm1.jpg

GOD DAMN IT!! SERIOUSLY!? ONE GAME!? ONE!? GAME!?

*sigh*

Marvin, I was going to make you an offer for Beltre but you said you weren't interested in anyone on my team. If this doesn't still hold true, make me an offer and we can work something out.

Note to self: Unless Ian Stewart makes a jump to the majors anytime soon, draft high for the infield next year. Yikes, this has been a headache. And I had to give up the probable rookie of the year just to get a stopgap solution there.

I'll make you an offer but Im sure it wont work.

It looks like im overpaying for Billingsley but seriously the trade is basically Shields and Beltre, Zito just gets thrown in so I can rid myself of him now, plus after I dump him Zito will probably turn things around magically and put up good #s.

Looks like I'll get lucky on the minimum IP as Kason starts Friday and C.C. Sabathia on Saturday.

Offensively, Mark Grudzielanek has been a nice pick up. He's scored another run for me so far today and given me a .667 SLG.

I'm just hoping my relievers start seeing some time (Gardner saw 1 IP for 2 K on my bench... damn)

The first trade of the year has been completed.

Layden Express acquries Jacoby Ellsbury, OF

Portland Wet Sox acquires Casey Blake 1B, 3B, OF

Guest Vitamin X
Bad move, VX. But desperate times call for, well, you know.

That may be so, but I'm still going to be looking for 3rd base help, even if it takes trading away one of my two awesome first basemen.

So, if you're still interested in that other trade, we might be able to work something out. Actually, I think I have an idea for you. Check your fantasy page.

Also, for those of you questioning my getting rid of Ellsbury, I have more than enough guys playing the OF for one, and as long as Coco Crisp is around, Jacoby won't be seeing as many ABs. He's definitely a good keeper though, as he's the future of that franchise, he was just my most expendable player.

Guest Vitamin X

To whoever picked up Johnny Cueto- you bastard.

Oh well. At least I got Alexei Ramirez while he's still a sleeper.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't like Yahoo!'s whole "waiver priority" bullshit sometimes. I bet I saw Cueto on the block first, but since him and Ramirez were so close, and Ramirez's waiver expired the day before, I got screwed with Cueto.

Oh well. Cueto cooled off a lot until this past week, and there's word that Edison Volquez is the real sleeper in the Reds' rotation.