TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2008

Guest Vitamin X

With Helton and Lee fighting for playing time, and Lee stinking it up lately in the OBP and slugging categories lately (last week he had like 1 hit in god knows how many ABs), I wanted to stick with ol' reliable Helton and bring in Hamilton who can boost my OF by quite a bit since I now have Carlos Gomez and Willy Taveras out there already. I hate to lose Billingsley for Jimenez, but Chad was pure trade bait for me since he's had a number of outings this year that have killed me. Still, I hate to lose all those K's he gets, and he's been getting a lot of wins lately as well.

I'm glad I got my logjam at first done, now I still have to get my logjam at SS resolved as well. Peralta is playing a lot better than the offers I've been getting, guys.

My plan to crush everyone with superior pitching sure didn't last long. Peavy on the DL, Smoltz on the DL and probably never starting again, Soriano on the DL, Escobar i've given up on pitching at all this year, Cueto gets a ton of K's but otherwise kinda sucks, Santana isn't dominating yet, in a month i've gone from a killer lineup to Jair Jurrjens & not much else.

Wow you guys sure are making a ton of trades... If number of trades were a stat category, VX would in the lead with four so far this season.

Trade number eight of the season,

Toronto Dirtbags acquires Derrek Lee 1B and Chad Billingsley SP/RP

Portland Wet Sox acquires Josh Hamilton OF and Ubaldo Jimenez SP

Guest Vitamin X

Hey, I'm steadily improving thanks to the trades.. If I still had no 3rd baseman, I'd be screwed.

I'm not going to say any names, but that offer that was sent and has been sent before, I'm never going to take it.

Trade #WHATEVER~!

Gio Gonzalez for Jarod Saltahoweverthehellyouspellit

Maybe the former will be up eventually, and maybe he'll actually be good, but he's been using up a spot on my roster, and his MiL numbers don't inspire much confidence that he'll be up and contributing any time soon. Meanwhile, the latter is being worked into the lineup more and should be a keeper.

I'm still interested in a long term solution at SS if anyone wants to make any offers.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm such a tradewhore. I got Saltalamacchia from free agency, of all places, too. He's a good catcher, but again, with Johjima's bats finally waking up, I didn't really need Jarrod anymore. With a weekly lineup, I really, really hate having too many good players at one position.

MJ, if you want, we can try to work out something for either Bobby Crosby or Jhonny Peralta. Let me know.

Trade number NINE of the season and number FIVE for VX,

Rockbirds acquire Jarrod Saltalamacchia C/1B

Portland Wet Sox acquire Gio Gonzalez SP

May 21 Hal McCoy, of the Dayton Daily News, reports Cincinnati Reds OF Jay Bruce is hitting .529 in his last 14 games with five home runs and 15 RBIs at Triple-A Louisville.

Good lord! When is Jay Bruce going to be called up already!? :wacko: /salivating...

I grabbed the recently called up STL reliever Chris Perez when he cleared waivers. A small consolation for losing Izzy, he's thrown 3 hitless innings so far and will probably get a shot at closing at some point.

Even though I'm in third, I'm disappointed that Ryan Howard (OBP, slugging) and Miguel Cabrera have had such a poor start. Now that Howard's beginning to turn it around, I could soon find myself in first. I just had to wait for one of the two to pick it up.

Just so everyone knows, Im probably gonna use my #1 waiver priority on Clayton Kershaw when yahoo decides to add him unless he's flat out horrible in his start today.

Oh, and I need 1 IP today from Shields/Bell/Nathan or else I wont meet my minimum..damn it

Guest Vitamin X

Jon Lester, you are the bane of my existence.

So, a few days after throwing a no-hitter, and practically assuring I'll win the ERA and WHIP categories, he goes and gives up a 5.4 ERA in 5 innings against Oakland and actually causes me to lose what has been a really close game between 909 and I all week. I've gotta do something about RBI's and HR's. Hopefully Josh Hamilton will help me with those.

I have been pretty damn good about picking up free agents all year though: Without spending any waiver priorities, I've gotten Randy Winn, Saltalamacchia, Clint Barmes, Gregor Blanco (who has been boosting my anemic RBIs, but will be gone soon), Salamon Torres and Greg Smith. Winn has been my best one right now, since he's been lighting up in May.

Well, I can probably thank that 18 inning game in San Diego for costing me this week's matchup. I went into today with a healthy lead in OBP and SLG, only to have Tad Iguchi and Edwin Encarnacion go a combined 2-18 from the plate!!!!! I'll be lucky to win either category now. Thanks a lot assholes. And good riddance Iguchi!

May 21 Hal McCoy, of the Dayton Daily News, reports Cincinnati Reds OF Jay Bruce is hitting .529 in his last 14 games with five home runs and 15 RBIs at Triple-A Louisville.

Good lord! When is Jay Bruce going to be called up already!? :wacko: /salivating...

Well, the answer is tonight! Too bad I didn't start him this week.

Guest Vitamin X

Well, the answer is tonight! Too bad I didn't start him this week.

Maybe you should've.

Wow... my 3 SP and a cloud of dust tactic has been really strong throughout the year (thanks in part to healthy, strong starters).

Currently down 6-5 but I'll take that over 7-3, etc. type losses.

Also sitting high in the standings thanks to my offense. Whoo!

It's hard to believe i was 1st not that long ago, another week or two at my current rate and i'll be dead last (currently getting hammered 10-1 by the team in 2nd last place).

It's also clear First Base is a cursed position for me, last year it was a cavalcade of shit all season, now Travis Hafner has forgotten how to hit and has just been put on the DL to confirm that i'll seemingly never get even remotely decent production from 1B.

Trade number ten of the season,

Rockbirds acquires Johnny Cueto, SP

Born To Runner Up acquires Delmon Young, OF

With BRUCE ALMIGHTY now up for the foreseeable future, I figured I could cut ties with Delmon who is having a dreadfully underachieving year for a pitcher in Cueto who's been underachieving of late as well. I'm sure both will snap out of it as the season goes on.

I picked the right week to have my offense go to hell. 3 RBIs had me tied, 2 HRs for a win as of yesterday.

Im doing 2nd place with smoke and mirrors or something..I have no idea how the hell Im doing so well.

Cueto i was going to hang on to as a possible keeper, but with Jurrjens turning out awesome i can dump Cueto and take a chance on Delmon turning it around, if he does Granderson/Kemp/Young is a hell of a potential outfield for me.

Are we thinking keepers already?

I was just thinking how great a core offense of McCann, Gonzalez and Braun would be with Vazquez, Bedard and Nathan pitching. Basically 5 of my 6 keepers from last year - Corey Hart and + Adrian Gonzalez.