TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2008

Guest Vitamin X

So it looks like this is the final week for those of us losers. I released a flood of players I know I'm not going to keep on to the open market for the guys in the playoff hunt, and after looking through my team, I've already come to the conclusion for who I am going to keep.

Ian Stewart (2B, 3B)- Round 8

Jon Lester (SP)- Round 11

Chris Carpenter (SP)- Round 12

Josh Hamilton (OF)- Round 18

Chris Volstad (SP, RP)- (Undrafted) Round 19

Alexei Ramirez (2B, SS, OF)- (Undrafted) Round 20

Overall, a pretty solid group. I was really iffy on Stewart given his high selection, but he's performed so well he's going to be a force next year especially if Colorado goes and trades Garrett Atkins. If he performs as well next year as he has since he's come up from AAA this summer, he'll be worth the round 8 pick. Carpenter I'm keeping just to give him a shot for another year and see if he can come back into form, and he's worth more of a risk keeper wise than a couple other guys who I'm looking at hopefully bringing back next year in the draft. Hamilton, Volstad, Lester, and Ramirez were no-brainers to me, given their draft position, age, and performance.

I'll likely be keeping Johan Santana (1), Jake Peavy (3), Matt Kemp (6), Curtis Granderson (11), Jair Jurrjens (15) and Hanley Ramirez (20). Which is probably an improvement over my keepers last year, so something good came from this season at least.

My likely keepers just in case I forget come deadline time

Berkman - round 3

Ervin Santana - round 13

Liriano - round 17

Edinson Volquez - FA, Round 20 (will slot into round 18, since 19 and 20 will be accounted for)

Gallardo - round 19

Kershaw - FA, round 20

Once the regular season standings are official, at the end of the week, I'm going to list each team in order from 1st to 20th along with your tentative keepers in the first post of the thread. Feel free to change keepers as much as you want until the keeper deadline. Just please don't go back and edit your post with your keepers. Start a new post so I know that a change did in fact occur.

I have to congratulate my team on a disastrous ending of the season. It went from 2 games out of 6th 4 weeks ago to completely out of the consolation playoff bracket. My team has gone 4-27 the past 3 weeks. The epitome of terrible. Oh well, that was to be expected after I pawned off all of my discernible talent.

We still have a hotly contested battle for the champion of the cellar.

It appears unless something major happens the top 6 playoff teams are a lock.

Also pinjockey, Berkman and Gallardo both are only going to count for it being the first year you kept them. We aren't going to post date the keeper year. Everyone getting kept this year regardless of how long they've been on your team is going to count as their first year kept.

Guest Vitamin X

I think Rebels of Oakland has it locked up, barring some sort of miracle here. I will try, but I cannot guarantee anything. Go Wet Sox!

Keepers as of right now look like this:

OF Brad Hawpe - Round 12

OF Delmon Young - Round 17

OF Elijah Dukes - Round 19

SP Ubaldo Jimenez - Round 13

SP John Danks - Round 18

SP Max Scherzer - Round 20

Guest Vitamin X

Damn, I ended up with the 4th pick. Not even an 0-11 tankjob could help that. Now I know how the Boston Celtics felt like (pre-Kevin Garnett, anyways).

The post season is upon us! Congrats to Precious Roy for winning the Regular Season Crown for best record in the league! Congrats to the 6 teams making the playoffs! We had a very tightly contested regular season. Serenity ran away with the lead early on but was eventually caught by the rest of the league. With 4 weeks left there were still 13 teams that had a solid shot at making the championship playoff bracket. Very good competition this year guys. The Championship is anybody's for the taking. I don't think its possible to even predict which team might win it. Good luck Championship Bracket contenders and teams battling for the "Best of the Rest Championship" in the Consolation Bracket.

I posted the end of season standings in the first post of the thread. Under each team is a list of that teams current keepers. Feel free to modify your keeper selections as much as you want until the Keeper deadline. Then all keepers will be final.

Marvin sent me his keepers via pm since he is not allowed to post in the sports folder. He stated that he was quite happy to grab Duchscherer off waivers. Here are his keepers.

Marvin's keepers:

Mark Teixeira, 1B (Round 1 - Year 1)

Joe Nathan, RP (Round 2 - Year 1)

Adrian Gonzalez, 1B (Round 3 - Year 1)

Justin Duchscherer, SP (Round 15 - Year 1)

Brian McCann, C (Round 18 - Year 1)

Ryan Braun, 3B/OF - (Round 20 - Year 1)

Gotham Keepers... Interesting that I finished 1 Tie behind 5th Place and am keeping only three drafted players.

- 1B/3B Kevin Youkilis (Round 8)

- 3B Mark Reynolds (Round 14)

- OF Carlos Quentin (Undrafted - Free Agent) Round 20?

- OF Ryan Ludwick (Undrafted - Free Agent) Round 19?

- SP Ricky Nolasco (Undrafted - Free Agent) Round 18?

- CL Jonathan Papelbon (Round 1)

My keepers:

2B Ian Kinsler (3rd round)

SP Chad Billingsley (4th round)

C Geovany Soto (7th round)

OF Chase Headley (15th round)

OF Hunter Pence (19th round)

OF Ryan Church (undrafted)

RP David Price (undrafted)

Edited by CanadianChris

Pawtucket Keepers:

SP Matsuzaka (Round 1)

SS Jose Reyes (Round 2)

RP Jose Valverde (Round 7)

CF Nate McLouth (Round 13)

OF Xavier Nady (Round 18)

SP Cole Hamels (Round 20)

Rockbirds keepers, as I have them now.

SP Roy Halladay (2nd Round)

2B Brian Roberts (3rd Round)

3B Evan Longoria (5th Round)

OF Jay Bruce (7th Round)

OF Nick Markakis (19th Round)

SP Johnny Cueto (Not Drafted)

It looks like my team is going to romp to an easy first round playoff victory, avenging one of my most frustrating early season losses in the process. Next up, I face a team who beat me 10-1 earlier in the season. Joy.

Tentative keepers:

Justin Morneau, 1B, 8th Round

Russell Martin, C, 3B, 9th round

Shin-Soo Choo, OF, 20th round

Cliff Lee, Undrafted

Josh Beckett, 5th round

Mark Buehrle, 7th round

I horded my waiver claim all year in hopes of getting David Price and it failed.

Ditto, and I thought with the 3rd priority he was as good as mine. Major bummer.

Oh well, I suppose winning the championship will be some consolation :(

I horded my waiver claim all year in hopes of getting David Price and it failed.

Ditto, and I thought with the 3rd priority he was as good as mine. Major bummer.

Oh well, I suppose winning the championship will be some consolation :(

I was just lucky that Popick had first priority and probably wasn't going to be scouring the waiver wire after the season was over, since he's not coming back next year. I saved my priority all year for Price as well.

Keepers:

John Lackey - 2nd round

Scott Kazmir - 8th round

James Shield - 18th round (pushed to 17th)

Travis Snider - Undrafted (18th round)

Adam Lind - Undrafted (19th round)

Dan Uggla - Undrafted (20th round)

A few Minor corrections to your keeper draft value treble.

Adam Lind was drafted in Round 17

James Shield was drafted Round 18 so he would fill the round 18 spot

Uggla was drafted Round 20, he was undrafted a few seasons ago

Snider would be the round 19 keeper since he is undrafted and thats the first available spot

Nothing overly significant but still a few adjustments nonetheless. Either way you are still getting those 4 guys the last 4 rounds of the draft.

Guys that were drafted always take priority over guys that went undrafted. When multiple guys have the same draft round I typically go in the following order to determine who gets one spot.

1. Players you orignally drafted

2. Players drafted by another team and later acquired by your team during the season

3. Undrafted players

I'll be posting my keepers in a few days. A couple players on my team are still battling it out for the 6th and final keeper spot.

Mine

Ryan Howard (1st round)

Miguel Cabrera (3rd round)

Rafael Furcal (6th round)

Derek Lowe (7th round)

Justin Verlander (19th round)

Ryan Dempster (undrafted)

Still am not positively sure, but that sounds the best right now. If I switch anyone in, it'll be Rios or Lidge.

They always get moved back a round. The only time they get moved up a round is at the back end of the draft when you can't have guys getting bumped beyond round 20.