TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Moments that irritated you

Post any jobs or angles that were just so irritating in your eyes you thought they were being booked specifically to piss fans off and/or turn them away.

These are in no particular order as well.

1. Al Snow jobs to Too Much at his first WWF PPV after a hot run in ECW, when they pin Head with a bottle of Head And Shoulders.

2. After his red hot debut defeating Kurt Angle, Taz's finisher is dismissed as an "illegal choke", Angle's loss is stricken from the record, and Taz loses to the Big Bossman at the following PPV.

3. Going against all logical sense and momentum, Raven loses his NWA title shot against Jeff Jarrett, even after 4 or 5 guys destroy Jarrett with their finishers and various weapons.

That's all i got for now.

The Rock's loss at Wrestlemania 16

Stone Cold's heel turn at Wrestlemania 17

JBL winning the WWE Championship

HHH's unlimited rematch clause

Guerrero's endless losing streak to Mysterio

John Cena retaining at Wrestlemania 22 :P

1. Al Snow jobs to Too Much at his first WWF PPV after a hot run in ECW, when they pin Head with a bottle of Head And Shoulders.

Did this piss you off because Al Snow lost or because a mannequin got beat by a bottle of Head and Shoulders?

Because they deliberately pissed away the only momentum the guy had ever had in his career. They could've just let him stay in ECW where he would've beaten Douglas for the title.

-The Horsemen losing the 1997 Wargames Match

-The way the Wrestlemania 2000 main event was developed and carried out

Because they deliberately pissed away the only momentum the guy had ever had in his career. They could've just let him stay in ECW where he would've beaten Douglas for the title.

Understandable. It seems the WWE did that to a lot of people. I still think Head and Shoulders winning a match is one of the worst things to ever happen in wrestling and I'm glad I didn't see it.

Did Tazz expect a good push when he went to WWE or in the back of his mind did he want to retire from the ring? It seems that when he left ECW that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I could see McMahon luring him in, telling him he was going to make him I-C champ right away, but really just intending on killing ECW.

WCW used to do this all the time.

Two examples that immediately come to mind is the episode where Flair is beaten up in the desert for 20 minutes by the NWO only to make his way back to the arena by the end up of the show only to get beaten up again with no offense whatsoever. Then when he gets to the title match at Superbrawl he gets beaten when his son turns on him and we get another long beatdown of him.

The other occurred about a month later and is the angriest I've ever been as a wrestling fan, where in a 3 hour Nitro we don't even see the arena until literally an hour into the show. Disgraceful.

Triple H pins Booker T despite hitting exactly one move in a five minute period and taking almost 30 seconds to cover after implying racism by saying "people like you don't win world championships".

Curt Hennig turns on the Horsemen three weeks after Arn Anderson's retirement speech despite the almost unanimously negative feedback to the NWO parody of said speech.

Pretty much anytime Hogan pinned Flair after Bash at the Beach 1994.

Running two almost identical recap shows in Livewire and Superstars for years when they could have used one of them to show Shotgun/Jakked/Metal matches. Then, if they wanted, they could have used one of the syndie shows to show recaps. This would have undoubtedly raised the ratings for USA and given the product a more diverse exposure.

They also could have (and should have) done the same with Excess. Things like this used to give me fits because in my mind, a lot of the problems they started having in 2000-01 can be attributed to production and presentation of the product.

Kane not keeping the title after the First Blood match (not AS irritating now, because it was part of a larger better storyline, but at the time I was pissed).

Kane not defeating HHH in the WHC/IC unification match.

Triple H pinning Goldberg after one move in the EC at Summerslam 2003.

The finish to Triple H vs. Booker T at Wrestlemania 18.

Pretty much everything in WCW that revolved around Nash and Hogan, because they treated the promotion as their own personal playground from the moment they arrived.

2. After his red hot debut defeating Kurt Angle, Taz's finisher is dismissed as an "illegal choke", Angle's loss is stricken from the record, and Taz loses to the Big Bossman at the following PPV.

Technically, Tazz beat the Bossman by dq after about a minute... Of course, he spent the next 5 minutes getting beat down by Bossman and Albert to no heat, so I see your point.

Not too many jobs bother me, but I don't think HHH should've gone over Booker at WM 19 or JBL should've gone over Eddie at the GAB 04 for the brand's respective titles after running horribly racist angles for both of them.

Technically, Tazz beat the Bossman by dq after about a minute... Of course, he spent the next 5 minutes getting beat down by Bossman and Albert to no heat, so I see your point.

Not too many jobs bother me, but I don't think HHH should've gone over Booker at WM 19 or JBL should've gone over Eddie at the GAB 04 for the brand's respective titles after running horribly racist angles for both of them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of JBL's lines during the feud with Eddie came from Eddie himself.

Something that irritated me, but not booking wise, was when I found out the wrestler Crowbar wasn't an actual crowbar.

This came about after my friend told me about a tag match that had someone tagging with 'Crowbar.'

Pretty much the entire Tazz/Lawler feud from 00. What specifically annoyed the hell outta me was the fact that everytime Tazz would get the better of Lawler, he'd just shrug it off and return for commentary later in the night, making Tazz look weak as hell.

Jericho meets Lucy the Dog. Don't think I need to explain that one.

D'Lo Brown's "Because I'm Black" angle from 03, especially in the beginning prior to Teddy Long coming on board.

The HHH/Steph/Angle botch from 2000.

Pretty much the entire Tazz/Lawler feud from 00. What specifically annoyed the hell outta me was the fact that everytime Tazz would get the better of Lawler, he'd just shrug it off and return for commentary later in the night, making Tazz look weak as hell.

Lawler did that to Raven as well; on one of the first Raw's after Raven returned, Raven DDT'd Lawler on the floor by the commentary table, and after they came back from the break, Lawler was back doing commentary acting upset but not selling the DDT at all.

alot of TNA's booking irratates me these days, needless gimmick matches when they should be used to end feuds, the rise and then burial of young lions (like Kaz and Chris Harris) I could go on all night

What about the advanced ADHD booking phase in late 1999 with Russo?

Or the return of Hogan as a face in 1999, where he wins the world title, goes over Nash, then Sting turns heel.. then Russo shows up and they abort everything.

What about the advanced ADHD booking phase in late 1999 with Russo?

Or the return of Hogan as a face in 1999, where he wins the world title, goes over Nash, then Sting turns heel.. then Russo shows up and they abort everything.

I agree on Russo in 1999, although what really got me is how he booked Wrestlemania XV -

Everyone expected Road Dog to be in a Hardcore Title match and Billy Gunn in an Intercontinental Title match... so Russo "swerves" us all and flip flops them. Absolutely pointless booking just to tick people off.

The Triple-H angle. You know... any of them. (Specifically, any of the ones involving heel champion HHH and any babyface not named Batista or Benoit.)

Any time we stumble upon what I call a Non-Fan Argument moment. That's any time you're watching wrestling, and something really stupid happens just as someone you know, friend, family, or whoever, who isn't a wrestling fan walks in and happens to see it. These moments can be most Divas segments, the Kiss My Ass club, retarded midgets, lame backstage comedy, and anything involving a camera pointed at Viscera or Snitsky. All these moments inevitably end in an argument between you and the non-fan about Why Do You Watch That Stupid Fake Crap.

Hogan vs Sting Starrcade 1997, Hogan is on offense for 3/4ths of the match, drops the leg on Sting, and pins him clean. I know the finish was totally fucked up, but irregardless that entire debacle was a farce.

The Triple-H angle. You know... any of them. (Specifically, any of the ones involving heel champion HHH and any babyface not named Batista or Benoit.)

Any time we stumble upon what I call a Non-Fan Argument moment. That's any time you're watching wrestling, and something really stupid happens just as someone you know, friend, family, or whoever, who isn't a wrestling fan walks in and happens to see it. These moments can be most Divas segments, the Kiss My Ass club, retarded midgets, lame backstage comedy, and anything involving a camera pointed at Viscera or Snitsky. All these moments inevitably end in an argument between you and the non-fan about Why Do You Watch That Stupid Fake Crap.

I would get caught watching the Stinkface segments more than anything else. Ughhhhh.

- My friends and I were on the edge of our seats when it looked like Goldberg was going to tear through HHH at the EC at Summerslam '03. We were so pissed when HHH won. My friend summed it up perfectly the next month after Unforgiven when he said, "During Summerslam, we were all cheering Goldberg to win the belt from HHH and just tear him apart. When he did win the belt, we weren't even really paying attention and were like 'Hey, Goldberg just won the belt.'"

- Although I can look back now and see that it probably made more sense in the long run, HHH's victory over Jericho at the Backlash HiaC was the thing that made me absolutely despise HHH for a long, long time. I still don't ever want him to be a heel (since when he shows ass as a face it doesn't seem as contrived), but I really wanted Jericho to win that match (I cheered for him over the Rock at Rumble '02, the people around me thought I was nuts), and I felt so let down when HHH won.

- I also hate the "HBK wins the big PPV match and his opponent wins the meaningless TV re-match" formula (specifically HBK-Jericho and more recently HBK-Kennedy). I really think both guys should have gone over on the PPV. The opposite pattern holds true for HBK-Cena, and although Cena won the main event at WM, which match do you think people remember more? Yep, the RAW one which HBK won.

- I also felt Orton's IC title reign didn't end well. I love Edge now, but there was a period there after returning from neck surgery where Edge really had to find his groove again. So, not only do I think Orton's IC title reign ended too soon (although I realize it was to set up his World Title win at Summerslam), I also think it could have been to someone more on a roll (Shelton Benjamin, maybe? Although his title win at Taboo Tuesday that year was pretty good, IMO). I feel like Orton actually brought some prestige back to the IC title, having a long reign and performing at a pretty good level while champ, and it's a shame that the end of one of the longest IC title reigns in recent history was just kind of an afterthought.

I just thought about that. I think they actually had Lawler PIN Tazz once too. A joke of a commentator pins someone who's been booked as a destroyer for 4-5 years previously and had a huge fanbase. Just great........

Also, what about how Austin squashed Tazz during the Invasion? People were dying to see him kill Austin as well.

Austin's horrible no selling when attacked by the NWO the first night they were in pisses me off now as well.

And on WWE 24-7, there's a pull apart brawl between Austin and Michaels where HBK NEVER lets Austin get the upper hand. He is always on top punching away.