TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
majormayhem1

Slash

I really want to read this book but haven't had a chance to pick it up.

I did read an excerpt where Slash tags along with a couple guys to a golf resort in Arizona where they're going to kick their drug habits, but ends up running naked and bloody through the resort in the middle of the day while being chased by miniature psychotic blue demons.

So sounds pretty awesome.

I would like to read Slash's book eventually. Right now, I'm finishing up Nikki Sixx's The Heroin Diaries, and I really don't feel like reading another drugged up rocker book.

The stories of drug abuse do get a bit tedious. But, the most interesting parts of the book are how the GnR was formed, where the songs came from, etc. Also, his Mom used to date David Bowie which I thought was interesting. The book should definately come with a warning label.

I liked it. Some interesting stories about Axl. I bet Slash could write another book with all the shit he's probably forgot from that period.

I liked it, too. It gave me a better understanding of why the band broke up. You can't really blame any of them individually. They all added something negative to the situation.