TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zappafrank

Worst Excuse for a Face Turn

Wasn't there a skit where Saturn was eating crayons, and then said something to the effect of "the purple ones taste like pizza," or something even more ricoculous?

What about Vader's face turn? Seriously, there could've been better reasons for him to turn face or even NOT AT ALL in my opinion in 1997.

Or Vader's face turn at the end of his WCW run.

I don't even remember why he turned face in the WWF. Someone please refresh my memory. I'm assuming it was part of the U.S.A Vs Canada angle seeing how he was on Team USA at Survivor Series '97 (Weirdest Survivor Series team ever by the way, Vader, Goldust, Steve Blackman and Marc Mero. The only common thread I guess was their love of their country. USA! USA!)

Goldust turns face because he says he's not a "queer."

Chuck & Billy turn face because they're actually straight and only pretending to be gay for publicity.

What about Vader's face turn? Seriously, there could've been better reasons for him to turn face or even NOT AT ALL in my opinion in 1997.

Or Vader's face turn at the end of his WCW run.

I don't even remember why he turned face in the WWF. Someone please refresh my memory. I'm assuming it was part of the U.S.A Vs Canada angle seeing how he was on Team USA at Survivor Series '97 (Weirdest Survivor Series team ever by the way, Vader, Goldust, Steve Blackman and Marc Mero. The only common thread I guess was their love of their country. USA! USA!)

It was a Raw in September I believe, could be wrong, Patriot is getting his ass kicked by the Hart Foundation, they lay a flag out on him, Vader runs out and makes the save. While it is indeed the face term, the only reason Patriot and Vader teamed up was because they hated "big mouthed CANADIANS!". I think his face turn was official by Survivor Series when he formed Team USA.

And I say stupid. Anyone else, even Shamrock, should've paired up with Patriot against the Harts. That made more sense then Vader, and yes, I was partial to him being a HEEL in the WWF. His first few months in the WWF were great. Until HBK fucked him up at Summerslam.

Chuck & Billy turn face because they're actually straight and only pretending to be gay for publicity.

Then come off even more gay trying to prove their straightness.

That too.

It was a Raw in September I believe, could be wrong, Patriot is getting his ass kicked by the Hart Foundation, they lay a flag out on him, Vader runs out and makes the save. While it is indeed the face term, the only reason Patriot and Vader teamed up was because they hated "big mouthed CANADIANS!". I think his face turn was official by Survivor Series when he formed Team USA.

And I say stupid. Anyone else, even Shamrock, should've paired up with Patriot against the Harts. That made more sense then Vader, and yes, I was partial to him being a HEEL in the WWF. His first few months in the WWF were great. Until HBK fucked him up at Summerslam.

I'm pretty sure that Vader was retaliating for an unprovoked attack that the Hart Foundation administered to him a week or two prior (Friday Night's Main Event?) where Vader was just in the wrong place at the right time.

I'd say something from TNA would probably fit but I haven't been able to tell the heels from the faces in years.

EDIT: Petey Williams, a Canadian, turns face preventing LAX from burning the American flag. He's Canadian, why would he give a shit?

Weirdest Survivor Series team ever by the way, Vader, Goldust, Steve Blackman and Marc Mero. The only common thread I guess was their love of their country. USA! USA!

Weirder than the fact that only one man from Team Canada was actually Canadian?

Yeah...that whole angle was basically just a throwaway to give all eight guys something to do. By the end of the night, it didn't matter anyway, obviously. Frankly, by that point, Vader was mostly a lost cause in WWF.

Austin's turn after Survivor Series 2001 owns this thread.

The bastard should have been given the cold shoulder by the entire locker room and he should have been treated as such by the fans and the broadcasters.

At least he gave a hint of his classic "DTA, I'm only out for myself" face character when he stunned Flair at the end, but still if that was real life, it should have taken months for Austin to build back any sort of "trust" from anyone in the company and respect from the fans of the WWF.

But he just comes back and its reset button time and back to "YES! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! BY GOD THE RATTLESNAKE IS BACK!" Without so much of a second thought of how he stabbed EVERYONE in the back, tried his damnedest to close the Federation for good, not to mention beat the crap out of JR himself as well.

Ugh...a thread on Jim Ross forgetting about heels beating the crap out of him could have it's own thread. I mean, Triple H broke his arm, and Kane set him on fire, and he routinely gets behind both of those guys now.

Ugh...a thread on Jim Ross forgetting about heels beating the crap out of him could have it's own thread. I mean, Triple H broke his arm, and Kane set him on fire, and he routinely gets behind both of those guys now.

In fairness, Kane's been on another brand for awhile so enough time's gone by that he can forgive and forget. /kayfabe

Savage turning face in 1987 simply on the basis of being associated with Hulk Hogan

Wasn't Savage's face turn driven more by the fact that he finally started standing up for Elizabeth against the Honky Tonk Man, and Hogan giving his seal of approval simly sealed the deal?

Not really, the entire face turn was one match on SNME. Honky Tonk Man was fighting Savage heel vs heel, and HTM got DQ'd or something. Anywyas, the end result was the Hart Foundation coming out and beating up Savage and holding him so HTM could bash him with the guitar. Liz interjected in front of Savage, so HTM shoved her aside. This prompted Hogan to make the save, and Savage was a face after that.

That match was definitely not heel vs. heel. Savage was clearly a face at that point, defending Liz and his reputation from repeated verbal bashings by Honky in the weeks leading up to the match. He got a big face pop on his entrance, too.

This gives me an opportunity to finally ask a question about GLOW of all things. Do you remember the season finale in which Ninotchka beats Tina "Ivory" Ferrari for the GLOW championship...then promptly gives up the title, only to return next season ditching her evil Soviet gimmick for a babyface French ballerina one. Yet...the commentator was nonetheless constantly burying her, calling her a "traitor" (against the EVIL Russians????) and making fun of her shape and outfit. Anyone know what was up with that? And why did she give up the title in the first place??????

This gives me an opportunity to finally ask a question about GLOW of all things. Do you remember the season finale in which Ninotchka beats Tina "Ivory" Ferrari for the GLOW championship...then promptly gives up the title, only to return next season ditching her evil Soviet gimmick for a babyface French ballerina one. Yet...the commentator was nonetheless constantly burying her, calling her a "traitor" (against the EVIL Russians????) and making fun of her shape and outfit. Anyone know what was up with that? And why did she give up the title in the first place??????

Wow...

That Woman's Extreme Wrestling show I catch at like 3am had a better time slot than GLOW

Matt Hardy turning face to save Lita from being attacked by Kane, even though Hardy had attacked Lita before prior to that.

So its okay to attack your ex, but not okay for others to do so?

Mickey James turning Face in 2006 for really no explainable reason at all

She wanted to fuck Trish. Who doesn't?

Yeah, IIRC.. isn't that the year where at Wrestlemania, Mickie before hitting Trish with a DDT or some move spread her fingers like a "V" then licked from the palm up which got a huge pop from the crowd?

I mean, Candice Michelle was a heel but when she showed up at the D-X BBQ and "received" oral from a woman, she turned face.

So, this can only prove that: Lesbians = Faces

actually candice turned face before that, the same week as the dx "official" reunion before the vengeance ppv I think she was a ref in a divas match and got in a fight with the heels cuz she called it down the middle or something like that. I even posted on this board back then then the announcers didnt even bother to sell her face turn. mickies face turn had ot do with Lita cheating to beat her for title pre-summerslam. Then trish retired and the top face diva spot was up for grabs.

EDIT-Sorry I skimmed the thread and didnt see this was answered already.

"You smell like a viking!!! youre welcome"

that was the crayon thing mentioned, saturn and terri went on a double date with dean and some tall blonde chick named "Sherry" of course. saturn ordered 3 crayons in a bowl of mustard He kept doing has crazy shtick for the chick and she liked it and was flirty with him. so dean and terri are pissed, dean distracts perry with a spoon (hey look perry, a spoon"

terri goes to his sherry with a platter but she ducks and nails saturn instead.

I still dont get Team 3Ds heel turn last year? they lost the tag titles, then the next impact the crowd is booing them for their entrance?