TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
majormayhem1

Global Impact

I turn Impact on at work sometimes and anytime someone happens by the TV, no one has ever even mentioned the 6 sided ring.

In fact, I went to BFG in Detroit with 2 people who aren't really even wrestling fans and they didn't seem to care either. The only reason they went actually is because the TNA guys do more fast and high spots than WWE does. I've found that the high impact moves draws people to the product. And that the ring doesn't detract any of them from it.

If anything the six sided ring makes them stand out purely from an asthetic standpoint of an alternative to WWE, which really should be the whole main purpose of this company in the first place (but to stand out as an alternative in every which way possible). It sure as shit isn't tuning people out from watching the show, I'll say that much. There really isn't that much of an issue with guys working the ring and having issues doing so, if you ask me.

Anyway, back to topic - that was a damn good show. Has anyone heard of what kind of rating it got?

I'm with the 6 sided ring doesn't turn fans off crowd. ESPECIALLY casual fans. I think if a casual fan is channel surfing and sees the 6 sided ring, he's more likely to watch the show, because it's new to him. If he sees the 4 sided ring, he thinks its just the same ol' wrestlin, and continues to surf. After all, he's a casual fan for a reason.

It's the "hardcore fans", who are big fans of "tradition", like the ones posting in this thread, who will get turned off.

I don't really see the issue with the 6-sided ring and honestly, it took me longer to get used to Chikara's shorter ring than it did TNA's 6-sided ring. Hell, to be honest, I didn't really notice that the Angle/Nagata match was in a 4-sided ring until the folks in this thread started bitching about TNA's ring.

And I think it was in another topic, but I believe Global Impact got a .8.

I don't really see the issue with the 6-sided ring and honestly, it took me longer to get used to Chikara's shorter ring than it did TNA's 6-sided ring.

Same here, although now it's the other way around (it's natural now, when they work the New Alhambra it looks odd for a while with the larger ring, plus they 'debuted' a larger ring at their show last night which looked really weird in the tiny Hellertown venue). Probably the same for TNA too. I've gotten used to it.

TNA's only problem is the weird booking and use of wrestlers. The 6 sided ring and the name has nothing to do with scaring fans and possible viewers off.

Person 1: "I'm watching TNA tonight."

Person 2: "What's that, Tits N' Ass?"

Person 3: "No, no it's a Pro Wrestling show."

Person 2: "Oh, what channel is it on?" or "Oh, well enjoy your wrestling show."

Exactly. It's argueable, with the current popularity of wrestling, which one would be more embarassing to most people to be honest.

Details on the DVD - http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/529/84/

FULL DETAILS OF THE UPCOMING "GLOBAL IMPACT" DVD - COMING SOON FROM TNA WRESTLING HOME VIDEO TO SHOPTNA.COM

By Bill Banks

In January, TNA Wrestling and SpikeTV teamed up for the one-hour "Global Impact" special, featuring the superstars of TNA Wrestling traveling to the Land Of The Rising Sun to battle the superstars of New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Immediately following the broadcast, TNA Home Video announced that a full-length director's cut of the DVD will be released in the coming weeks.

TNAwrestling.com has learned the tentative release date for the DVD is the end of February.

The three-hour "Global Impact" DVD contains the following:

-Exclusive pre and post-match interviews with Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett, Christian Cage, AJ Styles, Petey Williams, Team 3D, The Steiner Brothers, Tomko and Giant Bernard, Abyss and Christopher Daniels.

- Extensive comments from Jeff Jarrett on the TNA/New Japan relationship, the history of wrestling in Japan, his memories competing in Japan and more. Plus, Kurt Angle talks at length about the ongoing controversy involving the IWGP Championship.

- Exclusive footage of the TNA superstars enjoying the Japanese culture, including Tomko, Christian Cage, Brother Ray and Giant Bernard taking in the Japanese nightlife, The Steiner Brothers enjoying a Japanese meal, AJ Styles and Tomko visiting a local temple and so much more.

- Hidden Easter Egg footage of Christian Cage in Japan

- Plus, all the full, uncut matches involving the TNA superstars (with both English AND Japanese match commentary)

Kurt Angle vs. Yuji Nagata for the IWGP Championship

Tomko and Giant Bernard vs. The Steiner Brothers for the IWGP Tag Team Championship

Team 3D vs. Toru Yano and Tohgi Makabe

Abyss vs. Manabu Nakanishi

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs. Wataru Inoue

Plus, Christian Cage, AJ Styles and Petey Williams vs. Minoru, Prince Devitt and Milano Collection AT

Check back to TNAwrestling.com in the coming weeks for more information on the Global Impact DVD as well as an official release date!

I love that there'll be Japanese commentary available on this.

Also - whatever happened to Bernard coming over to TNA? Wasn't there a rumor of them signing him even before Tomko came aboard?