TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LJSexay

Deported.

The following is the email I managed to send to college friends and professors I worked with.

Dear faculty family and friends.

On January 16th around 5am, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement came into our apartment in the San Fernando Valley and took my mom, dad and myself, separating us from our little sister in order to deport us to Mexico.

For those unaware (and I apologize right now for making you aware in such a manner), I came to the states when I was one year old, 1986. In 1997 a crooked lawyer filed our papers incorrectly, and since then we have had an order of deportation.

Since I do not have much time on the computer, I will try to make this very brief. For starters I want to thank those I called right away and made themselves available to my brother and sister. My brother is now a freshman at UCR ' (name witheld). He is having to deal with the brunt of this in a very unimaginable way, and needs any and all resources available to help himself and to help us.

While detained in downtown LA amongst criminals, I was allowed to speak to some of the officers and lawyers present in the main offices. After stating my case, which includes non of us having criminal records and having our papers filed incorrectly, I left them all stunned in shock, and they all told me that if we had the proper resources to fight this, we would have a very good shot at winning and being able to come back.

Fortunately, my brothers girlfriends father has provided us with a lawyer, I think. What I am asking of those who recieve this email is not only emotional support, but all forms of help. I will be giving you the proper information to keep in touch with my brother, his gfs dad, our to_be lawyer.

(information witheld)

In the case that A, we need testimonals on our behalf or B, we need some assistance getting legal aide or C, my brother requires help of any sort to move our stuff out of our apartment or whathaveyou, I am indeed asking for any help you guys may be able to provide. I know full well not everyone can help, but if you have any form of help in terms of legal assistance or anything, I will forever be in debt.

My mother and I were deported the morning of the 17th, and the Lord led us to a very distant relative here in Tijuana, where we will be staying until our father joins us. From there, we will be taking a bus to Chihuahua, Chihuahua Mexico. We want to fight this, especially considering the glimmer of hope that the immigration people gave us with regards to our history.

I do not know when I will have internet or telephone acess again, and it may be avery long time before we find a place to stay in the meantime. For the status on our condition, please contact my brother or Mr. Barak, as they will be the only people we will be able to contact in the immediate future.

I suppose this isnt the briefest of letters so I apologise for the length. I want to leave you with the knowledge that I am very thankful to everyone, whether or not we have gotten in touch already or not. It is b ecause of you guys, those I was able to live and learn with, that I have the fire in my heart to fight and come back. Life has never been easy, but because of good people like yourselves in my life, it sure was worth fighting for and will continue to be.

Any and all help will definitely be accepted and appreciated. Know me well enough and you already know that I am not one to ask for help unless its something out of my hands. This is probably the biggest test for me as well as my family, and man.. things can only get better, God willing. I miss and love you all, I am so so sorry for throwing this on you, and you will hear from me again someday, hopefully in a courthouse or a phone call.

Thank you professors for any future help, thank you family for trying to maintain strong for my siblings, and thank you friends... for everything. Sorry I may miss you wedding Doris, tell costco that your deported friend thinks costco is hot! Matt, I will pray I can make it in time for yours. Time is now ending here, I hope to hear something _ anything _ good in the future. God bless. This, and you all are worth fighting for.

Luis Teran

http://xljsexayx.blogspot.com

The reason why I felt I should post this for you all to see is simple. I have lived my whole life in California, never knowing anything else, always hiding and always running scared because of one crooked lawyers mistakes. Never being able to drive a car or get a job, I decided to become one fucking good student, finally getting my BA in Psychology, minor in Philosophy at UCR this past June. 3.5 GPA! With my life now taken away and my family fragmented, more than before I wish to make people aware of how disjointed and stagnant the USs Immigration system is, so that you all can make informed decisions when deciding who to vote for in November. Why this matters to me is because I want to go back home, I want to go back to the only thing I know since 1986, when I was one. I want to see my brother and sister again, she turned 13 today. Poor girl.

I wont have a computer, internet or telephone access anytime soon after my time here is up, and I just wanted to let you fellas know the situation. Regardless of your stance on these political issues, please try to understand that I make my story known in order to get the news out _ that families and lives are thrown to shambles because of how the system currently functions. You know something is wrong when sets of Immigration officers and lawyers tell you you shouldnt even be in their custody.

Thanks for your time in reading and evaluating this. You will hear from me again once I find a place to stay, and am able to access the net somewhere safe and sound. Man. Who expects this kind of mess to happen. Vote for change, for someone _ anyone who wants to fix this system, so that no more innocent families are split up needlessly.

LJ

Jesus christ, that's maybe the single worst thing I've ever heard on this board. I wish I could help, but can't think of any way how.

Luis, why did I not know of this sooner? I know you don't have my home number and we haven't talked outside of MySpace for a while, so I shall send it to you since I want to help. You've been a great friend to me for the last 7+ years, and I will do whatever I can to fight this.

Guest Cock Ring Warehouse
You've been a great friend to me for the last 7+ years, and I will do whatever I can to fight this.

Send a before-and-after of your weightlifting plan to the INS.

Good call on the dissection of doom, by the way. That had to be the emptiest threat since Kotz's Final Resort.

Matt Young threatening to show his cock, however, was valid.

If you knew the lawyer was crooked, why didn't you file for immigration again? Is there a way to get a work visa while you are in America. I do feel sorry for you. Good luck.

I think that they didn't realize he was crooked until the shit hit the fan.

How has he been your great friend for seven years and he doesn't know your phone number?

He has my cell phone number, which is currently out of service. Our schedules have been very conflicting as of late, and we have mainly kept in touch through MySpace. Neither of us are really phone people, anyway.

Guest Brady's Torn ACL
You've been a great friend to me for the last 7+ years, and I will do whatever I can to fight this.

What did you end up doing to fight this, Matt? I wonder if you can marry him and get him his green card.