TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 82: Pride of A Champion

Anybody catch what Dana and Hendo were talking about after the match? I couldn't hear but noticed Hendo didn't seem too pleased during the interaction.

Okami looked good against a former champ in Tanner tonight, so the case is there for a shot at a championship. Unless two straight ugly stoppage wins grant Chris Leben another chance at Silva, avenging the Okami loss is the last thing on Silva's "To Do" List in the middleweight division before he may have to challenge in another weight class.

Anybody catch what Dana and Hendo were talking about after the match? I couldn't hear but noticed Hendo didn't seem too pleased during the interaction.

I dunno. Man. I dunno.

Maybe it had something to do with Darth Silva chokefucking the life out of him that had him on a sour.

But I dunno. Maybe Dana said "This ain't Japan". Who knows.

Rogan said it best at the end of the show "it is a privilege" to watch Anderson Silva fight.

Fitch saying he wants to be champion, not for the fame, glory, money, or anything like that. Merely because the champion has to fight all the best fighters. Might just be my quote of 2008 for complete badassery.

HERRING WINS~! I don't think the dude has ever been happy with a fight of his. He should have been twisting Kongos arms like a baguette though when he had side.

Koscheck vs. Dustin was superfly. Them both crying at the end, in different ways, was great. That takedown was dope.

Okami vs. Silva sucks. I don't want it.

What I want?

SILVA vs. BJ~!

Also, GSP (who would be my second choice vs. Silva) saying that Serra "crossed the line" had me yelling at the tv "OH SHIT! YOU DONE CROSSED THE LINE NOW MATT SERRA! CROSSED THAT FUCKIN LINE! YOU GONNA GIT IT NOW SUCKA! CROSSED THE LINE!!"

I'd imagine Dana was just telling him that it was a great fight (since it got that bonus) and that Hendo wasn't happy because..he lost.

Josh Koscheck will be a welterweight champion in the distant future... Mark my words.

With GSP standing at the top of the mountain........no.

Koscheck held his own with GSP in the 1st fight...

Koscheck is only getting better and better over time, give him a few more fights against top 10 level fighters, and he will be able to beat GSP in the rematch.

Koscheck's improvement is coming at a slow and steady rate, while you can see something new from GSP in nearly everyone of his fights. One of the rare guys who talks about how he's training in this, or improving in this and you actual see it in the next match. Simply amazing.

Koscheck's improvement is coming at a slow and steady rate,

Koschecks improvement is coming at a slow and steady rate? Do you even know what the fuck you are talking about?

3 years ago, Koscheck was nothing more then a lay and pray wrestler who relied on his wrestling... Now he's comfortable in the striking department, and has shown great submission defense, a good chin, and toughness. He can win fights now with his striking... Which says a lot.

I take nothing away from GSP's win over Koscheck, he beat him clearly and cleanly, but I think Koscheck came with the wrong gameplan. He totally didn't expect GSP to be able to outwrestle him, negelecting GSP's great wrestling skills... Instead of being prepared of GSP possibly taking him down. And even then he still held his own with GSP and went 3 full rounds. With a better gameplan, improving skillset, and more experience fighting top level fighters, Koscheck can beat GSP.

I agree that Kos looked good last night. And he's improving a ton.

But he's still not improving at as rapid a rate as GSP AND GSP is much, much younger than Kos. Sure, Josh can beat GSP but only maybe 1/10 fights.

Dude, last night was the first time I've seen more to Koscheck's striking than a jab and a big overhand right...

and his usual power takedown for the sake of a power takedown almost led to him getting choked out.

I'd love somebody to explain to me how Koscheck will beat GSP.

*Takes a seat, checks watch. Has a sip of water.*

Keep the fight on his feet, stuff GSP's takedown attempts, and brawl and maul GSP.

GSP has proven in the past that awhile he doesn't have a glass jaw, he doesn't like to take punches. If Matt fucking Serra can overwhelm GSP, why is so hard to see Koscheck doing it?

Dude, last night was the first time I've seen more to Koscheck's striking than a jab and a big overhand right...

and his usual power takedown for the sake of a power takedown almost led to him getting choked out.

You are not getting the point... 3 years ago, Josh Koscheck could only win by lay and pray... Now he is winning fights with his striking. Thats a lot of improvement if you ask me. Each fight Koscheck is getting better... And the GSP loss did him more good, as it humbled him and made him realize he can be outwrestled. It helped him as much as the Fickett fight did. And I thought GSP was going to beat Koscheck because of his experience factor, but with a few more W's over top 10 level talent, Koscheck will be ready for GSP.

Dustin Hazelett has really slick BJJ, and is a very rangy and smart striker. Very underrated fighter, I knew he was going to give Koscheck fits. And Koscheck was able to pass the test and finish a very very solid fighter.

Because Serra got inside of GSP and Koscheck likes to stand and trade from the outside while winging the occasional right hand that misses by a mile?

You think Koscheck will use the same gameplan that he usually does when he fights GSP a 2nd time? If you think so, you're stupider then I thought.

Good thing you think I'm a brilliant cat.

Of course Koscheck wouldn't have the same game plan. But do you honestly think GSP would too?

I can't see why GSP would switch his gameplan... If he was able to takedown Koscheck the 1st time around, why wouldn't he try to do it again?

And also if any fighter at 170 can match GSP's athleticism, it's Koscheck.

Anderson throwing a knee to Hendo's chest cavity instead of the traditional knees to the ribs when he had him down was fucking boss.

I'm LOL'ing like a motherfucker at the "Bring in Lindland" calls. Him and Hendo are close in terms of style with a few big differences, the main ones being that Hendo has better hands, KO power and the willingness to get crazy if it means a takedown or clinch. Lindland brings none of those things to the table. I'd really enjoy seeing The Law get his shit pushed in by our reigning MMA overlord.

I was thoroughly entertained by the card last night, but, man FUCK CHIECK KONGO. Dude will not stop doing that damn pond his chest and point to the sky. He walked out and did not stop doing it all the way to the octagon like a damn robot. Watch the replay. Repeated the pose at least 20 times. Then, his complete lack of a brain when he gets on the ground is an epic failure. Can't figure out if he'll let Herring up for about 30 SECONDS and laughs; flops around on the ground like a dying fish. He was such a joke to watch, I felt he really made the UFC look bad. Ugh. thank the lord he is now not in line for a title fight. He's horrible to watch.

I really think after Silva disposes of Okami, and if Leben strings together a few more victories... after that rematch, we'll get Silva facing people at catch weight special attraction matches, while they try and build up a few Middleweights and Franklin can play the role of troll under the bridge ruining a few guys hopes... I can really see this happening.

I was thoroughly entertained by the card last night, but, man FUCK CHIECK KONGO. Dude will not stop doing that damn pond his chest and point to the sky. He walked out and did not stop doing it all the way to the octagon like a damn robot. Watch the replay. Repeated the pose at least 20 times. Then, his complete lack of a brain when he gets on the ground is an epic failure. Can't figure out if he'll let Herring up for about 30 SECONDS and laughs; flops around on the ground like a dying fish. He was such a joke to watch, I felt he really made the UFC look bad. Ugh. thank the lord he is now not in line for a title fight. He's horrible to watch.

Not only did he do the chest pound, but he was completely inconsistent with it. Sometimes he'd kiss his hand first, punch his chest, then raise a fist, and sometimes he's punch his chest, his his hand, and then raise a fist. What the fuck, right?

Anderson throwing a knee to Hendo's chest cavity instead of the traditional knees to the ribs when he had him down was fucking boss.

I'm LOL'ing like a motherfucker at the "Bring in Lindland" calls. Him and Hendo are close in terms of style with a few big differences, the main ones being that Hendo has better hands, KO power and the willingness to get crazy if it means a takedown or clinch. Lindland brings none of those things to the table. I'd really enjoy seeing The Law get his shit pushed in by our reigning MMA overlord.

I love how you negelect the fact that Lindland is a better wrestler then Henderson, and has more of a tendency to follow a gameplam then Henderson. You think Lindland would fuck around with Silva, standing? Fuck no, straight from the opening bell Lindland would bullrush for a takedown.

Not that I think Lindland would beat Silva or anything, he would get fucked up... But you're one of the most biased motherfuckers I've ever encountered on a forum.

I really think after Silva disposes of Okami, and if Leben strings together a few more victories... after that rematch, we'll get Silva facing people at catch weight special attraction matches, while they try and build up a few Middleweights and Franklin can play the role of troll under the bridge ruining a few guys hopes... I can really see this happening.

It would be very hard to build Leben as a challenger to Anderson's belt... Although I've ragged on Leben in the past, I'm starting to like him more and more now(maybe because he is kinda maturing), but Anderson didn't just beat Leben, it was one of the most dominating performances I've ever seen in MMA. Leben didn't get one amount of offense on Silva.

If GSP continues at his pace, I think they will get him to move up to fight Silva... Possibly even BJ Penn? They hinted at it yesterday.

Not only did he do the chest pound, but he was completely inconsistent with it. Sometimes he'd kiss his hand first, punch his chest, then raise a fist, and sometimes he's punch his chest, his his hand, and then raise a fist. What the fuck, right?

Preach it !

It would be very hard to build Leben as a challenger to Anderson's belt... Although I've ragged on Leben in the past, I'm starting to like him more and more now(maybe because he is kinda maturing), but Anderson didn't just beat Leben, it was one of the most dominating performances I've ever seen in MMA. Leben didn't get one amount of offense on Silva.

If GSP continues at his pace, I think they will get him to move up to fight Silva... Possibly even BJ Penn? They hinted at it yesterday.

If Leben can do as well as he has been doing against better competition they can very easily push Leben/Silva II to the public, you would need a second big match though.

I do think the idea of super fights could be the next best possible thing though for the UFC, as long as they're not retarded PRIDE like matches.