• Randy Moss
    • Eli Manning
    • Plaxico Burress
    • Laurence Maroney
    • Brandon Jacobs
    • Other
    • A Patriots defensive player
    • A Giants defensive player

As someone who lives in the South and couldn't possibly care less about baseball, I don't give a shit about any kind of New York-Boston rivalry. My issue with the Pats themselves is their incredible smugness. Beyond that, the only issue is the way that the media walks on eggshells around Belichick and just goes fucking nuts any time anyone on any team says anything that could even abstractly be interpreted as something that doesn't just assume that the Patriots will crush any team they play. Honestly, I didn't even really dislike New England until this year.

Okay I read that Simmons column and you know what pissed me off the most? The notion that the 2001 Rams were somehow the equivalent of the 2007 Patriots in terms of being this vile, loathesome team that people wanted to desperately lose.

Please don't tell me you're actually looking for a rational perspective from the guy that felt that the Patriots backlash was indicative of a downfall of society last year.

I know that I am opening myself up to a shitstorm here, but why exactly are we supposed to hate the Patriots? Is it because Bill Belichick is a dick and he tried to cheat? Are we just tired in general of mouth-breating Boston fans and their air of importance? Honestly, I don't really see that as a reason to loathe the team with such contempt.

I was sort of indifferent to yesterday's outcome, but I've always found the Pats to be an admirable franchise. They've built up a winning organization with a good team concept that evolved through dedicated coaching, strong drafting/free agent decisions and good character guys. I don't really have any sort of emotional connection with that, but their dominance in the salary cap era has been more astonishing than vile.

I can think of about 20+ organizations that I hate more than New England.

I've rooted for the Colts since I was 8. Because of recent history, I couldn't have been happier about the Super Bowl unless Belichek and Brady both got horrifically killed on the field. By Peyton.

Add to that fact that I live IN NEW ENGLAND and frankly it's like a breath of fresh air. All these smug bastards are quiet and depressed. Makes me feel a lot better in comparison.

Does that make me a bad person? Probably.

Do I care? No.

Ha ha.

-Annie

actually - I do feel bad for one member of the Pats team: Wes Welker. No one has busted their BUTT more in the face of zero fame and zero recognition only to be signed by a team that actually used him to his best. Welker's the man. If he was on the Colts the last 5 years we may have more than one Lombardi trophy this decade.

Well, considering that the alternative was playing on the Dolphins, things aren't too bad for the guy.

I know that I am opening myself up to a shitstorm here, but why exactly are we supposed to hate the Patriots? Is it because Bill Belichick is a dick and he tried to cheat? Are we just tired in general of mouth-breating Boston fans and their air of importance? Honestly, I don't really see that as a reason to loathe the team with such contempt.

I was sort of indifferent to yesterday's outcome, but I've always found the Pats to be an admirable franchise. They've built up a winning organization with a good team concept that evolved through dedicated coaching, strong drafting/free agent decisions and good character guys. I don't really have any sort of emotional connection with that, but their dominance in the salary cap era has been more astonishing than vile.

I can think of about 20+ organizations that I hate more than New England.

I've rooted for the Colts since I was 8. Because of recent history, I couldn't have been happier about the Super Bowl unless Belichek and Brady both got horrifically killed on the field. By Peyton.

Add to that fact that I live IN NEW ENGLAND and frankly it's like a breath of fresh air. All these smug bastards are quiet and depressed. Makes me feel a lot better in comparison.

Does that make me a bad person? Probably.

Do I care? No.

Ha ha.

-Annie

actually - I do feel bad for one member of the Pats team: Wes Welker. No one has busted their BUTT more in the face of zero fame and zero recognition only to be signed by a team that actually used him to his best. Welker's the man. If he was on the Colts the last 5 years we may have more than one Lombardi trophy this decade.

If there is no one thing I hate more that a smug Pats fan, its a smug Colts fan. Wishing death on Belichek and Brady? Remember football is only a game.

As an Indy native and non-Colts fan (Titans fan; grew up loving the Oilers' Run-N-Shoot), I apologize for the moron Colts fan above. Most Colts fans I know are actually pretty cool people.

Anyway, I hope this is a rumor, because the premade SB logos on Madden's franchise mode are a brazillion times better than this atrocity.

Just got back from the parade. What a scene!! You know the last time I posted in here it was before the playoffs started and I said, all I want is to beat TB to get another shot at Dallas and anything above that is gravy. What a bowl of gravy this month was!

anyhow we left the house at 4:30 am, went up to my uncles and met him in Mt Kisco, took the train down to Grand central and got on the 6 train to city hall. We got our spots early, right on the rail, at the very end of the parade route right before the turn into city hall. The crowd just kept growing and growing. they kept themselve sbusy by tossing toilet paper back and forth, then some people in the building above threw out some balls and got them thrown back, itw a sthen then it almost got out of hand as osme started throwing some bottles and cups, one cup fo juice NAILED a cop in the leg and that drew major boos. then we amused ourselves by yelling "your side" sucks to each other. some crazed fans painted blue drew attention. My side had some people who kept yelling "Borat" at some dude who vaguley resemeble him..

finally after 3 hours the parade got to us. got some pics of strahan holding the trophy (I saw the glare of the trophy all the way up the street as they were coming . Eli was kind of shy it semed but signing autographs, then another float came by with the d-line on it and guys like Tuck, Osi, Tyree gott off the float and ran around slapping hands with us, (yes I got to shake all their hands) it was awesome. I bowed to them as they bowed to us. it was a cool moment, to share with the players who gave us osme much joy this post-season and we gave it back to them.

long day, but hell yea worth it. I was just glad to be able to share a moment like this with my father, cuz you neve rknow if youll get anothe ropportunity (plus we missed all the Yankee glory years when we were in Cali)cuz the last time the Giants won the SB won I was 7 and didnt really understand it.

I'm still in disbelief, but very happy to be able to have been around for and partaked in a magical time. I'll never forget it.

and maybe this is an omen for my Yankees too (I can dream can't I?)

Go Giants

Just got back from the parade. What a scene!! You know the last time I posted in here it was before the playoffs started and I said, all I want is to beat TB to get another shot at Dallas and anything above that is gravy. What a bowl of gravy this month was!

and yea that game drowve me crazy, I watched it on the edge of my seat literally. I just kept getting pissed that we kept stopping NE but couldnt get a driver going. Although I also thought it a good sign when we were deep into the 2nd half and the score was 7-3, cuz it was an ugly game and the Giants always win ugly it seems. when the pats scored with 2:30 plus left I was sad. Although some part of me said "hey thats good, at least Eli has enough time left and Id rather him take us for the potential game-winning drive and leave little or no time on the clock for Brady. during the drive it was completely surreal I felt like I wasnt in my own body odd as that sounds, when it was 4th and I I clenched up, when he looked like he was sacked again I cringed, then was completely flabbergasted that he broke free, but I worrried about the wild throw that could have been picked off, then Tryee makes a ridicoulous catch that I can't believe, then eli is sacked and its 3rd and 11, smith gets the catch "I yelled, thats a first down he got the marker, then a good feeling came over me, were gonna score here. that they do but I realzie theres 35 secs left. I didnt relax, even after the sack, but that calmed me down a bit, 4th and 20, ball goes ups, down, I scream "no flags!!!", its over (but its not there a sec left? weird moment)

great game for a Giants fan, glad i have it recorded on dvd (along with 4 or 5 other discs worth of coverage, including the parade today. sure this may not be a yankee dynasty type thing, but I'll enjoy the memory of this magical ride. cuz regardless of luck and fate, and getting hot at the right itme (which a lot of teams take it all the way with, colorado got to the series like that this past year), the Giants are still recognized as super bowl champs, and the best team in the NFL for 2007-08

Thank you Jints!!!!

I live in a strange area when it comes to football allegiances. In theory the Bengals are sorta the local team for Louisville but they've been so pathetic for largely the past 15 or so years that they really have no fans here anymore. The Colts have definitely gained fans here over the past decade, though I liked them during the Jim Harbaugh years as well. The Rams and maybe even Titans have some fans here as well. Packers have a few fans, but GB has fans everywhere.

As somewhat of a fan of that Rams team in 2001, the Patriots initially irked me by winning that Super Bowl. I wasn't ultra pissed, but it seemed so utterly fraudulent. The Patriots seemed like the same sort of lame duck jobber that they were in 1985 and 96, namely a mediocre team that lucked out and got to the Super Bowl only to be beat down by a truly great team.

But what the hell, they won. Fine. Then they actually did it again in 2003, which I found most unwelcome since I didn't like the team, didn't find them especially talented, and of course they kept beating my favorite team (Colts). I think that is what drove me up the wall about these guys...it always seemed like it was stuff the Colts kept messing up rather than any great talent the Pats had. The goal line stand in 2003....you're telling me Edgerrin James couldn't have simply punched that in? Or the various weird shit that happened in that season opener in 2004, stuff like James fumbling in the red zone, goal line, and Manning being sacked at the worst possible moment that knocked them just enough out of FG range.

Last year was fun to see the Colts finally beat these guys, but at this point the Pats are in serious "get off the stage" territory. I almost wonder if we might see the NFC start to reign again, with the Giants likely to contend in future years, the Cowboys are certainly competitive again (though who knows if Romo will ever really do anything in the playoffs), and Green Bay is a young team that could likely do well even after Favre retires.

The ultimate ultimatium is if the Seahawks make it to the Superbowl next year. :-D (As if).

It was weird at camp here. I mean not many people are fans of the Giants, but everyone hated the Patriots. It was like being a local fan favourite team thousand of miles away. One guy here made out a few grand from Vegas with all the side bets he won.

If there is no one thing I hate more that a smug Pats fan, its a smug Colts fan. Wishing death on Belichek and Brady? Remember football is only a game.

This is why I rarely leave the SWF boards here...

Yes - Football's only a game to me. A game I love but just a game. However, when every. God. Damned. Pats. Fan. Bleats. Every. God. Damn. Day. About. How. Superior. They. Are. Because. They. Root. For. A. Fucking. Team...

Yes, I would've been happy to see that, just so the moronic Boston fans around here would feel as much, if not more, horrible as I have these past 6 years. Even last year when they won all I heard was "They were lucky that Reche dropped the ball".

I respect the Patriots and their organization. You almost HAVE to - 4 AFC Championships, 3 Super Bowls all in this age of free agency and salary caps is a nigh impossible result to expect. The system as it stands is meant for things like this NOT to happen but it did. The Patriots are the best team of this decade.

That being said, the Colts aren't far behind. Only one superbowl and 3 visits to the conference championships but 6 straight division championships - especially this year where the competition is getting much tougher in-division - is nothing to sneeze at. Think the Colts get respect around here?

No, I hear about the "Peyton Manning Face".

So frankly, I'm taking this as karmic justice. All the insufferable Pats fans I've had to endure over the last 6 years are now feeling the combined force of what they put on me.

As for the Belichek/Brady comment I made? I make flippant off the cuff remarks like that all the time. You aren't expected to know that - you don't know me. For the record though, that's tame. From the woman who gave you "I Will stab him in the eye with a spiked dildo" (I'm actually a pacifist in real life, folks), you can't expect any violent comment out of me to be taken anywhere close to serious.

If you do, I'll have to take a thin glass rod and... nah - that's cruel. And the poor SWF'ers already have to deal with my carrying on with genital mutilation. :D

-Annie

Most fans are insufferable when their team is winning.

I don't recall being that bad when the White Sox was winning, all one season of it... or the Bears too.

edit: Nevermind. I just remembered my freakout back in September of 2005 when the Sox was tanking.

The parade was fun. I was standing at Broadway and Cortlandt and the crowd was several rows deep (they estimate about two million people attended). I tried to get some great pics to share, but thanks to the ubiquity of camera phones, digital cameras, and hand-held camcorders, all my pics are of a sea of hands holding media devices snapping shots of a sea of hands holding media devices snapping shots of...

I wonder if this is the end of the NFC East being the BUTT of bad jokes. They had three representatives in the playoffs--one being the first seed, another winning it all, and a third that went on a serious tear to squeak in. Poor Eagles.

I wonder if this is the end of the NFC East being the BUTT of bad jokes. They had three representatives in the playoffs--one being the first seed, another winning it all, and a third that went on a serious tear to squeak in. Poor Eagles.

???

The NFC East has been the most consistently good top to bottom division in the NFL the past few years. When were they a joke?

That was actually the perfect example of how a group of fans can make everyone begin to hate them.

???

The NFC East has been the most consistently good top to bottom division in the NFL the past few years. When were they a joke?

The NFC East was talked about in bad terms by certain analysts on Fox and ESPN because none of the teams had done particularly well in the playoffs in recent years. The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in what 11 or 12 years, Eli was 0 for 2 entering this postseason, the Eagles' failures are well documented and the 'Skins haven't done much since Gibbs was there the first time. In the regular season they've been really good, but until this Giants run they had been the division that gets 2 or 3 teams in the dance with nothing to show for it.

???

I was referring more to this board in general, in which you can find "NFC Least" jokes as far back as the beginning of the playoffs, I think.

That was actually the perfect example of how a group of fans can make everyone begin to hate them.

It certainly wasn't my intention to conjure hatred. It was a passing thought and I am not going to adopt a "woe is us" attitude; that would be absurd. Though I do think the league and the AFC are strong enough to generally prevent another NFC East Renaissance like the one from '90-94.

Five paragraphs of pure undecipherable excitement

thanks, thats what I was going for, to try to put into words my emotions running wild

plus I was running on about 2 hours sleep and a long day yesterday

The sad thing is I'm usually a stickler for grammar, but my posts always come out wacky. I'll try and slow it down for ya okay? :D

I'm usually a stickler for grammar

Dear god, Hoff would have a heart attack

and then he'd see your posts