TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw is HD - January 21, 2008

Why would saying Chris Jericho is going to be on the show be in spoilers? He's an active member of the roster, come on now.

Because people here are insane. I was also prepared for complaints if I didn't spoiler tag the type of pyro they were getting. Just covering the bases.

Slickster.. the announcers should have some type of monitor upgrade. It would only make sense, since they can see things much better.

No more monitor shots or just throwing those 13 inch LCDs to the ground when the pull em off the announce table.

I really cant wait for the show in HD..its gonna be awesome.

Did they get two separate sets or will they travel the set to each taping? Edit: Nevermind, given that each tapings are usually in close proximity, I'd imagine it's silly to get separate sets. Will the PPVs use the same?

I'm interested to see how they pull off this video screen. Like, I get that with Undertaker they'll have like a graveyard background with tombstones and stuff, but what does like, say, Randy Orton have? A screen with a bunch of his queer tribal tattoos?

Well, at Mania 23 (which is what this set sounds similar too in concept, though much smaller I'd hope since the Mania wall was HUGE in person) they'd have a giant silhouette of Bobby Lashley for his entrance, but Edge just had a bunch of wacky moving line patterns.

Another example (as mentioned) would be Kane's burning NYC at Mania XX - HE had a cool thing like that, but that doesn't mean they had to come up with something cool for Scotty 2 Hotty.

I'm interested to see how they pull off this video screen. Like, I get that with Undertaker they'll have like a graveyard background with tombstones and stuff, but what does like, say, Randy Orton have? A screen with a bunch of his queer tribal tattoos?

The old-school RKO opening, or a reasonable fascimile thereof.

In that case, they'll show John Morrison's sunglasses and furry coat on the screen too.

Guest DogOn

What a way to start such a classy program... Now let's get some half naked chicks to dance around for kids.

Well that's very...plain. It does look like that SNME set though.

Sort of cool as it looks like something that could be a PPV set up. But at the same time, just doesn't scream RAW to me. (although it'll be interesting to see all the videos they do for people)

And question, with the HD, will it look any different on standard tv? Because it does. But then again, I may just be imagining shit.

Well that's very...plain. It does look like that SNME set though.

Sort of cool as it looks like something that could be a PPV set up. But at the same time, just doesn't scream RAW to me. (although it'll be interesting to see all the videos they do for people)

And question, with the HD, will it look any different on standard tv? Because it does. But then again, I may just be imagining shit.

It looks different to me.