TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw is HD - January 21, 2008

Anyone have any idea why all I'm getting is a black screen on USA? They are still broadcasting in regular def as well aren't they?

In honor of MLK, Jr. day.

I have a dream... That I would be able to watch the first RAW on the new set.

Anyone have any idea why all I'm getting is a black screen on USA? They are still broadcasting in regular def as well aren't they?

Do you have Comcast? We have Dish Network and our feed is coming in fine over here.

Do you have Comcast? We have Dish Network and our feed is coming in fine over here.

Yeah, Comcast unforunately.

Marvin, how could you even see what's happening on Raw if you already ejaculated all over the screen?

I kinda feel the wide shots in SD don't show as much of the ring as they used to. Like it used to be rope to rope, now it's slightly less.

thats exactly what I figured. They moved the camera up further to maintain the same amount of ring that used to be viewable in SD now in HD but in the process cut off more of the ring for people watching in 4:3.

Which isn't what the NBA/NFL/MLB do since it alienates the 4:3 sd viewers by giving them less vision of the playing field..so..

So wait, is there actual wrestling going on or are they simply showing Jim Ross in HD in all his Bells Palsy glory?

Yea, it is pretty cut off. Didn't think it would be that much of a difference, but when they just got on the turnbuckle and started fighting, you could barely see what was going on.

The widescreen makes the ring look bigger. They probably moved the cameras up so they kept the same amount of ring on screen but it still looks bigger.

Yeah.. It does make it look better.

Aside from the macroblocking(which is expected) it looks very good. Hopefully they will work out some the kinks as they broadcast more shows.

I imagine Snitsky to be featured heavily tonight and maybe another week or two due to JR and King putting over just how uglier he'll look in HD last week. That's really all they talked about during his appearance.