TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Spoilers for Thursday and 31st

Tapings for Thursday and also for the 31st

Matt Morgan and Kevin Nash argue. Morgan beats down Nash until Samoa Joe comes out for the save. For Nash. I know.

Robert Roode & James Storm b Sonjay Dutt & Eric Young. Also Ms. Brooks and Peyton Banks go at it

TNA announced its awards

Jay Lethal was X Division wrestler of the year. Lethal came out talking like Shawn Michaels saying he lost his smile

Gail Kim was Knockout of the Year. Awesome Kong attacked her. We needed some monsel powder in this one. ODB made the save

Most Memorable Moment of the Year was Booker T's debut. He and Sharmell both came out. Robert Roode was on the screen bad mouthing Booker

MVP was Samoa Joe. Joe then asked if he's the MVP, he should be gettinga title shot. He's told by Borash he had shots this year but didn't win. Joe then attacked Borash. Cornette came out to fine or suspend him for hitting an announcer? Of course not. He told him he could be ringside enforcer for the Angle vs. Christian match at Against All Odds, and then face the winner for the title in a cage match. Joe turned it down saying he wants a five-year no-cut contract and more money than Kurt Angle makes. Cornette agrees. And they say wrestling is fake.

Shark Boy b Elix Skipper. Shark Boy wrestled the entire match as Steve Austin.

Johnny Devine b Lethal to win the X title in a street fight with interference from 3-D

Kurt Angle tries to get Tomko to join his team with promise of sex with Karen. Tomko says he's married. That's a good one. They ended up fighting to build up a TV match tomorrow

Tiger Mask & Curry Man (Christopher Daniels under a mask) b Jimmy Rave & Lance Hoyt

Tomko & A.J. Styles kept tag titles in a 3 way over Team 3-D and Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley

Judas Mesias b ?

Hernandez b Kip James. James and Roxxi Lavaugh went at it after

Angelina Love wonm three-way over Lavaugh and ODB

Christian Cage b Mesias. Post-match brawling with Abyss, Angle, Styles and more

io karenires to m yKoph ie.cornettebnan ring twhere is hi

he could be ringside enforcer for the Angle vs. Christian match at Against All Odds, and then face the winner for the title in a cage match. Joe turned it down saying he wants a five-year no-cut contract and more money than Kurt Angle makes. Cornette agrees. And they say wrestling is fake.

Guest LuckyLopez

I'm presuming that's an editorial addition, like the "I know" in the opening segment.

Tomko vs Angle should be pretty good. Plus why is Mesias wrestling twice on the same show? He beats some no name jobber only to lose to Christian? Way to build your "monsters" TNA. What's the deal with Rellik lately? Was he just there to take up space while Mesias was injured?

Tomko vs Angle should be pretty good. Plus why is Mesias wrestling twice on the same show? He beats some no name jobber only to lose to Christian? Way to build your "monsters" TNA. What's the deal with Rellik lately? Was he just there to take up space while Mesias was injured?

There was some matches taped for the 31st show too, so that explains two matches w/ Mesias - one for one week, and the other for the next.

So is Samoa Joe still going to be "ringside enforcer" for the Christian/Angle match at the ppv? And is he still going to get a title shot at the March ppv? Man, if he gets another title shot, they HAVE to give it to him.

That would be fucking tits out if Curry Man and Tiger Mask was a regular tag team. All the same, Curry Man alone is good enough! Will be interesting to see how smart the crowd is to knowing its Daniels and also how they play that off on commentary as well. I'm thinking something akin to the Pillman/Yellow Dog deal way back in WCW.

I will definitely watch this now that I see Curry Man is on the show. I know I know we could see Daniels anytime.. but the Curry Man gimmick is fucking great!

Also - I thought Nakamura was supposed to be working these tapings as well? Maybe it'll be a backstage thing..

Some things here are truly puzzling. Why is Lethal jobbing at all to the heatless Devine, who is just riding the Dudleys' wave of heel antics?

Why is Angelina Love going over ODB in any way, shape, or form?

Why is Judas Mesias jobbing to Christian in a match with no build? Why are they wrestling at all? I'm no Judas fan, but if they are going to push him as a monster this seems strange.

Why is Joe the MVP of TNA when he mostly jobbed in EVERY big match he had? Shouldn't Angle be the easy MVP choice?

This is just puzzling booking.

Guest LuckyLopez
Some things here are truly puzzling. Why is Lethal jobbing at all to the heatless Devine, who is just riding the Dudleys' wave of heel antics?

Yeah, not so great. But my guess is with the kinda vague "losing his smile" comment earlier that Lethal is coming to something, maybe the end of the Machismo gimmick (which would be fine with me before it over stays its welcome and now that you have Stone Cold Sharkboy). But I think I'll wait to see TNA fill in some blanks since their spoilers often seem to have them.

Why is Angelina Love going over ODB in any way, shape, or form?

I have no problem there. ODB, Kim, and Kong are really the only women TNA has built up to this stage. They should build up some others and Love and Talia already scored a tag victory over ODB and Roxxi awhile back on PPV. Doing it before ODB gets a title shot might be questionable but there's not much detail there. A 3 way might mean Love pins Roxxi and ODB might get involved with Kong. I don't know. If its just Love pinning ODB straight up I'd question the timing of building up the ODB/Kong match but overall I want TNA's women not named Kim, Kong, or ODB to get some more wins.

Why is Judas Mesias jobbing to Christian in a match with no build? Why are they wrestling at all? I'm no Judas fan, but if they are going to push him as a monster this seems strange.

You got me on that one. Does seem odd. But ultimately since Judas is stuck in the Abyss/Mitchell drama I doubt it hurts or helps him any. Ultimately I don't care about him and serving as fodder to a main eventer is something I'm not going to complain about. I don't think he has much legs as the "monster" anyway and I don't see him making an impact in the main event any time soon.

Why is Joe the MVP of TNA when he mostly jobbed in EVERY big match he had? Shouldn't Angle be the easy MVP choice?

Yeah, fan voting answers that. But did he really job in "EVERY" big match? Two loses to Angle including the match for all the titles and 1 title loss to Christian. He also was the first one to beat Christian, won that 6 man over Angle and company, was part of the winning team at Lethal Lockdown, won the X belt, won the tag belts in the Match of Champions, and beat Angle in their 2nd match to start the year. He lost the two title bouts and those are the ones that sting, obviously. But it does seem like people gloss over that he did get his share of wins and was booked at the top of the card throughout the year. I get that the ultimate lack of a title victory or decisive win over Angle tarnishes it for all of us and undermines the other stuff. But still, its not "every."

I'm not sure "MVP" would mean "best record" anyway. Didn't ROH give the title to Homicide a few years back when he had a less than stellar record? Either way I doubt I'd dub my 2007 TNA MVP Joe or Angle. I thought Christian kinda had the best mix of matches, victories, feuds, promos, and stories. But fans.

Its TNA. I'm not sure why I ever look at the spoilers because they always seem to come off as more confusing and disconnected than the show does. Which is probably saying a lot considering the consensus opinion here of Impact.

Puroresufan.com has posted a collage of some photos from the tapings:

http://www.puroresufan.com/images/njintna012108.jpg

And some info:

Shinsuke Nakamura and Tiger Mask began their TNA invasion at the 1/21 IMPACT! tapings, Tiger Mask teaming with the revived Curry Man in victory and IWGP Heavyweight Champion, Shinsuke Nakamura, being presented to the American fans. After Tiger's match, loud "Please come back!" chants rung out. Tiger suggested that he and Curry Man could reunite their team again in New Japan, refusing to rule anything out. Jeff Jarrett grudgingly admitted that Tiger Mask is strong and a first class wrestler, and said he planned to throw tough competition at him the following day. Nakamura made his appearance later on and when he advertised himself as the REAL IWGP Heavyweight Champion, there was some booing. TNA and Angle plan to intercept Nakamura with a tough opponent tomorrow.

It's about Devine got the X-Divison title. He should have won it months ago. This shoud set up Stiener coming into the Divison and going after Divine. Stiener will be the savior of the X-Divison!

Yes to Stonecold Sharkboy and Curry Man!

Ok, having never seen Curry Man in action I took to Youtube. First match I'm checking out is a Super J Cup match from 2000. First impression? I can't believe that's Daniels with that entrance. That is hysterical.

Edit: That's quite the promo he cuts after losing to Onryo.

Just waiting for Curry Man.....

You'll be waiting another week, then.

It's next week? Dammit I thought it was this week. Shit.

I did too, til about 20 minutes ago. :(EDIT: I stand corrected. now is the time.

Also, Rock N Rave with Guitar Hero? Awesome.

People over at the FPC board are convinced that this Curry Man wasn't Daniels based on the really fake looking hair that was hanging out of the back of his mask. Nevermind that the facial features you could see looked EXACTLY like Daniels. *sigh*

What the fuck is going on in tna?

I dont watch...... ever, and the time i turn to it, they have jay lethal doing HBK speeches, sharkboy channeling Stone Cold Steve Austin.

What the fuck?

People love nostaglia I guess.