TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Heath Ledger dead

He also did some decent films down here, and a short TV series, Roar.

It's sad news to be sure.

A Knights Tale is also a guilty pleasure of mine.

Want to know The Warrior's thoughts on this? Neither do I but here's the link anyways.

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/blog/2008/01/23/

Wow, is he a full fledged member of the Westboro Baptist Church too? Fucking bigots...

"Queering doesn't make the world work!"

It's been well known for a long time that Warrior isn't a big fan of gay people.

Forgive me for not keeping up to date on the important topic of what Jim Helwig has to say about the world.

He was so into the role that he pushed himself to the brink of sanity, he likely died as a result of his commitment and desire to give a legendary performance....that's some wicked shit.

Hyperbole much?

He was so into the role that he pushed himself to the brink of sanity, he likely died as a result of his commitment and desire to give a legendary performance....that's some wicked shit.

Hyperbole much?

Maybe? I don't know, but it seems like he really twisted himself getting into a character, and if his overdose was some extension or result of that, shit, I think he's earned a degree of hyperbole

Want to know The Warrior's thoughts on this? Neither do I but here's the link anyways.

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/blog/2008/01/23/

Does anybody know what Ja Rule thinks of all this?

What is Ja thinkin'?

Seriously speaking though; horrible, horrible news.

I was never a huge fan of Heath Ledger's, nor did I dislike him in any way..

Actually I, like a lot of people, was really looking for to his take on The Joker in TDK.

But this truly is a tragedy.

Lawd@ Nancy Grace..

Why Do I watch this show?

She's a fucktard.

No if's, and's or but's about it.

While I'll admit I have tune into her program from time to time, mostly because of the Benoit situation last year, I do find her very annoying as she constantly disrespects her guests that don't necessarily share the same opinions as her. She's a big mouth, know-nothing.

You talk about the zip code but don't mention godhatesfags.com?

I mean, that's their viewpoint; so, that's the website for them. They can do something about being in the area code of the beast, though.

Has Terry Gilliam made a statement yet? I heard CNN say they had reached out to the crew of the movie they were making, but I don't know if they ever got a response.

I find the Joker blame suspect at best. Media sensationalism. Here's why:

I'm an actor. I hang out with actors. Note, to the dicks looking for a fight on this board: I didn't say I'm famous, that I work in film or that you should have heard of me. All I'm saying is that I'm an actor. I'm trained on initial levels, I'm friends with far more serious and better trained actors. It's not my primary field - writing and directing are - but I'm versed.

You have to learn to say goodbye to the show.

I think Heath was smart enough to know that. It sounds to me like he was doing a ton of traveling (Australia, shooting the new movie which also had a strange role, and New York in short amounts of time), was working hard and had just gone through a breakup. Anybody's body would be maladjusted under those circumstances.

I think it was a tragic accident, not the product of the Joker taking over his mind omgz~!

This was shocking, sudden and sad news to me. I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight because it sounds like he put a ton of work into it and I want to remember him working hard and doing fantastic work.

Maybe he was a method actor and took it too far. Hell, Bale is a method actor that has been known to do some fucked up things to his body for roles. Halle Berry has done some fucked up stuff(and worked as a stripper!!) just for some roles.

I don't think he got taken over by the Joker, but the role obviously had something to do with his insomnia. And the insomnia led to the prescriptions and that probably led to his death.

It's a Stanislovsky (sp?) Method of acting, live the character at all times to fully become the character. Gets real awesome results, but I doubt that it would lead to a suicide/OD now.

Most likely it was a combination of insomnia, depression from the break up, or some unknown mental condition that lead to the OD/reason for death.

A lot of people blamed method acting for Marilyn Monroe's death. In order to prepare for her roles she had to examine her own memories and analyse them, as per the method. Only with her it opened the floodgates when a lot of bad stuff surfaced and lead to a lot of the problems that would plauge her in later life.

Does anybody know what Ja Rule thinks of all this?

What is Ja thinkin'?

“We need to go step to MTV and Viacom, and lets talk about all these fucking shows that they have on MTV that is promoting homosexuality, that my kids can’t watch this shit.

“Dating shows that’s showing two guys or two girls in mid-afternoon. Let’s talk about shit like that! If that’s not fucking up America, I don’t know what is.”

That's what Ja thinks.

Guest NYankees

Well at least his shitty raps that are played during the day about pimps, hos and drugs aren't fucking up his kids.

1201107962ftm3.jpg

What the fuck is wrong with you people? You're displaying a level of remorse that used to be reserved for family or close friends.

What's the connection here? You didn't know Heath Ledger. The man never did ANYTHING for you. Not even a measley handjob.

And you're acting like your fucking dog died. Is your life so totally bereft of meaningful emotion that you have to latch on to these media-generated "tragedies" to feel human? Or are you simply one of those sad sacks who form a bond with television characters to fill some similar type of void?

I'm gonna start calling all you slobbering faux-grieving sycophants Downhome.

That being said, the day after he died, I went into work (at Hollywood Video), and received instructions to create a display of "The Best of Heath Ledger," followed by a list of his movies.

I felt it was pretty tasteless, and showed my displeasure by creating the display, but adding a headline which read, "Hollywood Video Exploits!: Heath Ledger's Death."

It stood for three hours before my boss noticed it, and I only removed it under threat of dismissal.

Fair enough, but your tangent seemed quite misplaced. Nobody is really overreacting much at all. It seems primarily to be a lot of disappointment, if nothing else, that a film role that many were very much looking forward to has been tainted with the stigma of the actor's death.

Nobody really seems to give a shit about Heath Ledger beyond "I liked him, that sucks."

I don't give a crap about the impact of his death of the film role. I actually think that approach, while ridiculous in its own right, is a wee bit more sensible (if cold-hearted), then the "Omg, H.L. is dead, I'm CRUSHED" reaction I've seen from various people.

And it's not just Heath Ledger, or the retards on this board, that I have a problem with. We've all seen this psuedo-celebrity worship played out all across the country, for as long as I remember. There is a disturbing tendency for people to obsessively latch onto a celebrity, like Princess Di, or Britney Spears, or Madonna, and form some sort of emotional bond, with these people they've never met, whom they don't even know except throughthe prism of the Hollywood hype machine. It's the type of phenomena that allows shows like Entertainment Tonight, E!, and TMZ.com to thrive.

As sad as that is, and as much as I look down upon those types of people, it's the ones who latch onto someone post-mortem that sicken me the most. God, I remember when Dale Earnhardt ate the wall at Daytona, even people who were vocal in their hatred of NASCAR came around the following days, talking about the dudes best races and wearing some hastily-made "We Love You Dale" t-shirts they got at the local flea-market. It struck me as disingenuous and shallow. I think the same thing happened on these forums when the Big Bossman died. 12-year olds who had never seen the man wrestle posted messages explaining how much they were gonna miss this guy.

So yeah, my tangent might be misplaced in this particular case, but I think it's a tangent worth consideration.

Why would Batman be sad that the Joker is dead?

Cause as much as he hated to admit, the creepy bastard made him chuckle. Plus hell man, being Batman would be really boring if all he was using his cool toys for was catching pick pockets.

That being said, the day after he died, I went into work (at Hollywood Video), and received instructions to create a display of "The Best of Heath Ledger," followed by a list of his movies.

I felt it was pretty tasteless, and showed my displeasure by creating the display, but adding a headline which read, "Hollywood Video Exploits!: Heath Ledger's Death."

It stood for three hours before my boss noticed it, and I only removed it under threat of dismissal.

Bad Ass.