TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

Bobby Lashley released

I know you guys didn't like him, but trying to justify this with a, "GOOD RIDDANCE, THAT BLAND DUDE DROVE AWAY FANS!!!" is pure bullshit. The guy towards the end developed into a consistent TV ratings draw, and was over with the live crowd... most of the roster can't accomplish those two things, fuck most of Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and The Undertaker usually lose viewers on the TV, unless pushed against certain people.

Lashley requested to be moved to Raw or ECW because Michael Hayes, the lead writer of Smackdown, thought he sucked and had no potential, so he booked him with Tatanka.

Hayes was right. Lashley won't be missed here.

I hope he decides to work for Japan or somewhere he can possibly improve upon his game. I wasn't a fan but he had a pretty good look that just needs some tweaking.

The guy towards the end developed into a consistent TV ratings draw, and was over with the live crowd... most of the roster can't accomplish those two things, fuck most of Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and The Undertaker usually lose viewers on the TV, unless pushed against certain people.

Criticizing Triple H, HBK and Undertaker for 'usually losing viewers unless pushed against certain people' is pretty funny, considering the segments that Lashley 'drew viewers' with, at least to any serious degree, were ones with Vince McMahon or John Cena, two of the biggest ratings getters in the company.

Lashley wasn't a bad worker, but he was overpushed. He lacked any one tangible or intangible ability required to be accepted at the level he was pushed at.

--This is what we've been able to ascertain regarding Bobby Lashley. The story is real and Lashley himself has apparently talked with some web sites to confirm it, including saying he's looking at MMA. Friends of his say he is leaning in that direction, but his prime focus now is just getting out of his WWE contract. It will be interesting to see if, because he has a long-term deal, if WWE will attempt to make him sign a non-compete, how long, terms, and if it will include not doing MMA for a time period.

Lashley was training out of San Jose's American Kickboxing Academy to go into MMA when he got the WWE offer in 2004. He has not given any reasons. We're told the release itself hasn't been finalized, which is why WWE hasn't reported on it, but that Lashley does want out. Several sources have confirmed his being upset at the way Kristal Marshall's firing went down. While some in WWE were aware of it last night at the Smackdown tapings, the word had not spread within the company. Most found out about it this morning from the various stories. Several different people including on the creative side weren't even aware of the fact it had gotten this bad, although there were friends of Lashley's who have seen this brewing for some time. We also know that key people in TNA or UFC who would know if Lashley was looking to go there didn't know anything as of this afternoon.

lashleyburgers.jpg

And there's my rare contribution to the WWE folder.

The guy towards the end developed into a consistent TV ratings draw, and was over with the live crowd... most of the roster can't accomplish those two things, fuck most of Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and The Undertaker usually lose viewers on the TV, unless pushed against certain people.

Criticizing Triple H, HBK and Undertaker for 'usually losing viewers unless pushed against certain people' is pretty funny, considering the segments that Lashley 'drew viewers' with, at least to any serious degree, were ones with Vince McMahon or John Cena, two of the biggest ratings getters in the company.

True, but Lashley was starting to add viewers when matched with just your midcard heels... nothing serious, but more so than those I listed.

Has anyone seen Lashley lately? The dude looks like he's down to 190-200 pounds.

There has to be more going on here than him being pissed about Kristal. Throwing his WWE career away over her is Jerry Lawler circa 2001 level goofy.

I think there might be something to that rumor of him being just about 200 lbs. If he showed up on TV looking like that he would embarrass himself worse than Chris Masters when he showed up off the juice.

Meh, I don't care too much. He wasn't all that good and sucked on the mic. And I hope not to see him in TNA.

Having said that, he could do well if he had a manager who could cut a good promo.

Let's be honest about one thing though; aside from his above-average size, what else did he have going for himself? What set him apart from everyone else?

One of his main finishers, The Spear, is already used by World Champion Edge

His other Finisher, The Dominator Powerslam, is used as a transitional move by Batista. Plus Batista is known to use the spear from time to time.

His repeated belly-to-belly suplexes are all run-of-the-mill moves that guys like Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas routinely use

Generic plain black tights and boots, and goofy goatee thing. Just because it worked for Goldberg and Stone Cold doesn't mean it will work for everyone. I know this is usually governed by how WWE creative wants the wrestlers to look, but it just made him look TOO generic.

Brock Lesnar's apron-jump pyro

The oft-stated voice of a 5 year old kid

Equally goofy-looking "angry 5-year old face"

I'll give credit where it's due in that he was quicker on his feet than the average hoss, had decent agility for his size, and his stage pyro was neat. It's one of those situations where you want to wish the guy luck in his future, but honestly won't miss his presence on RAW.

But you have to love that his entrance video featured "SOFT SPOKEN" prominently displayed.

and "HARD HITTING". It was ALMOST as cheesy as Ric Flair's 2001-2002 Titantron video having "50% Owner" written across it.

5. The Bossman-Big Show feud drew HIGHER ratings than the Lashley-Big Show feud.